Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Best BBQ in Michigan?

Looking for good BBQ in Michigan. Hope that's not futile. So far the best we've found near home is actually at City BBQ down in Sylvania, OH! lol

So, if you have a favorite place with really, really, really good BBQ, brisket, pulled pork, etc, please list it here with enough info so I can find it. I'm looking for places to ride this summer!

Thanks.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Looking for good BBQ in Michigan. Hope that's not futile. So far the best we've found near home is actually at City BBQ down in Sylvania, OH! lol

So, if you have a favorite place with really, really, really good BBQ, brisket, pulled pork, etc, please list it here with enough info so I can find it. I'm looking for places to ride this summer!

Thanks.
    That's easy.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/beale-st-smokehouse-bbq-fenton

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Take a look at Mlive.com...they're conducting a survey looking for the best BBQ in Michigan...Here's a link to the story...

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/j...o_has_the.html

Spyder Garage

Mmmmmmm - this is going to be fun!

Thanks for the suggestions, and keep them coming.
    Last edited by dancogan; 05-24-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dan...Let us know when you're gonna discover one of these places...Maybe you can even coordinate a group ride to the BBQ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Dan...Let us know when you're gonna discover one of these places...Maybe you can even coordinate a group ride to the BBQ...
    That's an excellent idea. Something like the ride up to Joe's Gizzard City - just pick a destination and a time. Unfortunately for you some of the best looking places are in your back yard! lol Hopefully we'll get some more suggestions. And we could always stage an invasion of Ohio, the same way they came up to Michigan, and meet at City BBQ in Sylvania. In any event it will have to be after the Durango event.
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That would work Dan...You're in charge of this one whether or not you want to be...T'was your suggestion...My brother in law used to have a bbq here in Jackson but he got reassigned with his full time job...That would have been one of the best....biased...no way...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Jump over to Windsor, some say it is Michigan, and hit the Tunnel BBQ. Right at the exit of the tunnel. It has been around for 50 years or better.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTaz View Post
    by the way they were featured on Diners, drive ins and dives !

Spyder Garage

That would work Dan...You're in charge of this one whether or not you want to be...T'was your suggestion...My brother in law used to have a bbq here in Jackson but he got reassigned with his full time job...That would have been one of the best....biased...no way...

BBQ was my idea. The group Meet 'n Eat was definitely your idea. But I'll be happy to try to coordinate something. We'll be in CO for 3-4 weeks so it will be late July or some time in August.
    Last edited by dancogan; 05-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

If a ride is planned, make it for Sunday please if possible! I work Saturday's. The gf and I would love to ride with some other Spyder's!

Spyder Garage

A group ride sounds like a great time. Living in Athens almost anything we do is 2 hours away. Riding for 2 hours for great BBQ is not a problem. We are looking forward to it. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

There are several here, too. Not sure that any are world class, but they do get good reviews. There are at least four in Battle Creek. Maybe you need to do a "research tour". And here after watching you eat all those salads, I though you lived less dangerously.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Pig Gig

Pig Gig is in Bay City the first weekend in August you could try several options there and see some racing pigs lol.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Pig Gig is in Bay City the first weekend in August you could try several options there and see some racing pigs lol.
    This looks like a great option...everybody game for it?
    http://www.piggig.com/

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I was at a VERY GOOD bbq place in jackson a while back, (I believe) it was at the Page Avenue exit off 127. If that's the one you're talking about, I agree. It was as good as any up north, and better than many down south.

Spyder Garage

This looks like a great option...everybody game for it?
    http://www.piggig.com/
    Not very far for me to travel, could walk to it pretty easily LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bnme View Post
    I was at a VERY GOOD bbq place in jackson a while back, (I believe) it was at the Page Avenue exit off 127. If that's the one you're talking about, I agree. It was as good as any up north, and better than many down south.
    Yup...that was my brother in laws bbq place...The company he works for reassigned him down to New Mexico about a year and a half ago...was called the BBQ Shack...I worked there to help him out once in a while and know all his secrets...

Spyder Garage

..I worked there to help him out once in a while and know all his secrets...
    BBQ at Larry's house!!!

Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dan...You must have been evesdropping on the conversation I had with Cindi last night. I was talking about buying a smoker and doing a little concession..A BBQ at our house may not be out of the question if I do get a smoker..The food at my brother in laws place was all smoked...lots of people get confused regarding bbq verus smoked even though it's regarding as a "BBQ"..Had more than one person remark that the food was undercooked because they saw pink in the meat close to the bone. This could be fun...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Butts & Bones

We have a little place in Ludington called Butts & Bones. I'm no BBQ afcionado but I really like it. We do however have some pretty nice riding around here

Spyder Garage

Dan...You must have been evesdropping on the conversation I had with Cindi last night. I was talking about buying a smoker and doing a little concession..A BBQ at our house may not be out of the question if I do get a smoker.....
    Yes, I was listening in ... But seriously, let's keep in touch about good BBQ, whether it's smoked or just cooked and covered with BBQ sauce. We need to keep it within a day ride, but that should leave a lot of places to choose from.
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you are going to meet the Ohio group I'll have to find the Ohio football and pass it off to one of you in Durango. Problem is it is in a box that looks just like a whole bunch of other boxes.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    If you are going to meet the Ohio group I'll have to find the Ohio football and pass it off to one of you in Durango. Problem is it is in a box that looks just like a whole bunch of other boxes.
    The Ohio group, or Indiana, Wisconsin, or Illinois would all be welcome! Don't look too hard for that Ohio football. I don't know anyone who wants it.

p.s. Ann, you'd be welcome, too. Isn't it time to schedule a return to Michigan?
    Dan