Spyder Garage

Default Worse day ever didnt end so bad.

Ok Im gonna try to explain the best I can. Work sucked,and what ever can go wrong, did... On my way to the I tried to turn my ipod on.....NOPE...dead. What it was fully charged. Can hear it click , but screen was blank and no sound..WTF. 1hr ride home with no tunes.GREAT. Go to open the frunk and get my jacket an it didnt open right away, turn the bike on. It starts up in 1st gear....transmission error..( or transmission something) appears on the screen. HUH. shut it down. Hop on it ,start it up, same thing. Started up in 1st gear same code. Couldnt put it in reverse, tried to drive but it sounded like it was going to stall... Shut it off, get off the .Was about to get the manual out when i was so mad i punched the seat. seat popped up. shut the seat. hop on the bike. start the bike up and its in netural. I guess I must have hit the unlock gas instead of unlock frunk the first time. So i guess if anybody has this happen to them ,check ur seat.!! I would have thought my 195lbs would have locked the seat back down,but i guess not. Just wanted to share my dumby moment!

Spyder Garage

There are days like that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I hate days like that, it happens all the time. In your defense, the seat may not have been open. There is a problem with the gear shift box that makes the bike no know what gear it is in, thereby making the bike unstartable. If you shake the bike back and forward it realigns the gear shift box. Maybe you hit it just right to pop it back where it needed to be.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Spyder Garage

but what about the ipod thingy?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    but what about the ipod thingy?
    That was a test of his dedication to the ryde. He passed!

Spyder Garage

happens. Having a similar day, although not on the spyder. Thats where the relief comes in....a nice ride..
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with Ex-Lax days, gladder that things worked out.

john

Spyder Garage

Atleast you didnt break off a bolt on your crankcase like my dumba$$!!!
    -Josh

2011 Spyder RS
    Two Brothers Dual V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Exhaust
    Power Commander 5
    Glo Ryders(Aqua)
    (Auto-tune soon)

Spyder Garage

No, it was the seat. Sometimes when im talking to someone or too much on my mine I pus the key left instead of right to open the frunk. im just glad it was a easy fix because I didn't want to me at work anymore. The ipod? I when home and tried to synic it to my laptop. Laptop made a noise like i plugged something in the usb port but Itunes didnt show my ipod. So I left it on the counter for a day and then turned it on..low battery, plugged it into my laptop and BAM....works. It was just a bad day, phyically,mentally, electronicly...etc..etc.. But ALL is well with the world once again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by emoney230 View Post
    Ok Im gonna try to explain the best I can. Work sucked,and what ever can go wrong, did... On my way to the I tried to turn my ipod on.....NOPE...dead. What it was fully charged. Can hear it click , but screen was blank and no sound..WTF. 1hr ride home with no tunes.GREAT. Go to open the frunk and get my jacket an it didnt open right away, turn the bike on. It starts up in 1st gear....transmission error..( or transmission something) appears on the screen. HUH. shut it down. Hop on it ,start it up, same thing. Started up in 1st gear same code. Couldnt put it in reverse, tried to drive but it sounded like it was going to stall... Shut it off, get off the .Was about to get the manual out when i was so mad i punched the seat. seat popped up. shut the seat. hop on the bike. start the bike up and its in netural. I guess I must have hit the unlock gas instead of unlock frunk the first time. So i guess if anybody has this happen to them ,check ur seat.!! I would have thought my 195lbs would have locked the seat back down,but i guess not. Just wanted to share my dumby moment!
    Hey emoney230 maybe that seat had a weight rating of 196, better go eat a Burrito....glad to here that's all it was
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most of my days FEEL like yours...
    I've gotten the pie in the face so many times that most folks think my after shave is whipped-cream flavored!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

spydee owner

Default bad day

Like the late George Carlin said "you don't have to plan a bad day .... you just have to get out of bed."