Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This thread is awesome!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Yes-- the trunk (sorry- I refuse to call it the F**** word) has a drain plug in the bottom and can hold ice and cold beer or pop...

-----------------

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

two, 24 packs, correctly placed ( some wiggling ) , never tried unleashed can's and lot's of ice. Probably not gunna happen, with the sound system in there as well.

Spyder Garage

30 pack in front, 12 pack in each side of my RT!!
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Judging by Farmboy's signature pic I'd say that we give this round to him!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

*scratching head* How come no one has gone out and bought a case or two for research?

I am guessing you can only get Y in the bottles, so I will pick up a couple cases tonight and do some research for everyone!

zrc

Why do I feel the need to explore a mod that could keep a party ball cold in the trunk and allow for pressurization and dispensing. Then I could just build inserts for my fleetliners that sort and store airplane bottles and a small respository for cups / ice and BAM, "The Spyderbar Mod" is born.

Anyone have a spare trunk laying around to donate to an aspiring mod maker? Is carrying active CO2 in a moving vehicle legal?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 30 pack easily fits

I use the spyder for beer runs all the time. The frunk easily holds a 30 pack of cans without removing them from the packaging, with plenty of room to spare! I love the look on peoples faces when I walk out with the 30 pack, set it on the seat while I pop open the frunk. Slide the 30 pack on in and then the questions start!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This thread is almost as much fun as the consumption of the "Hydraulic Sandwiches"!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    Is carrying active CO2 in a moving vehicle legal?
    CO2 cartridges are carried in vehicles all the time. As are many pressurized gases, butane, propane, diver's tanks. Not a problem. .

I'm trying to picture this and it is sounding like you should have it ready for L's BBQ.

Spyder Garage

"*scratching head* How come no one has gone out and bought a case or two for research?

I am guessing you can only get Y in the bottles, so I will pick up a couple cases tonight and do some research for everyone!"

Yuengling is available in cans but it's harder to find, and I figure cans would be a little more tolerant, not to mention condusive to innovative stacking. I'd be happy to do actual testing but my RS is in for its' initial service (and riser and backrest installation), should have it back tomorrow. Plus had I just done it myself we would have all been denied some quality entertainment!

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    CO2 cartridges are carried in vehicles all the time. As are many pressurized gases, butane, propane, diver's tanks. Not a problem. .

I'm trying to picture this and it is sounding like you should have it ready for L's BBQ.
    Well heck Keith, that is like 4 months away, that is all the time in the world. I will be setting up a kickstarter project to see if I can raise the money to pay for it...

I bet the kickstarter people would laugh there @$$'s off over that proposal.

If anyone out there has a trunk lid they will give me, I will honest to goodness try it. But I will need a trunk to drill a hole in and put a keg stack on for the top. The other main issue will be keeping the container cold. I will have to give up some beer storage for cooling area and CO2 container and hosing, but honestly its just a little kegerator, and shouldnt be that hard.

I would think the molded fleetliner inserts to service the wet bar might be harder, I will need something like that little cart from an airplane. I will keep you posted.

Bob, would it void my insurance to have a beer dispensing stack on the hood if I didnt use it unless I was parked? Perhaps a quick disconnect that is there so it cant be used while moving (tried to picture a person leaning all the way out there to get a draft while driving, then assumes some dumbbutt would)
    Last edited by zrc; 05-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might need to have a commercial policy wriiten... Oh! Don't forget about your liquor license too!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Beer

About a week after I bought the spyder, I discovered that I can put 2 - 18 pks of miller lite in the frunk and one case (24 pk) in the rear as long as I remove the top two layers. Have to do it when I catch them on sale. ITS ALL GOOD!!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

One can of beer. I drank the rest.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i've put 6-3litre bottles in front trunk of water and 2ea in the saddle bags on my rts only had to go 3miles but boy you could tell it was up there.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    Well heck Keith, that is like 4 months away, that is all the time in the world. I will be setting up a kickstarter project to see if I can raise the money to pay for it...

I bet the kickstarter people would laugh there @$$'s off over that proposal.

If anyone out there has a trunk lid they will give me, I will honest to goodness try it. But I will need a trunk to drill a hole in and put a keg stack on for the top. The other main issue will be keeping the container cold. I will have to give up some beer storage for cooling area and CO2 container and hosing, but honestly its just a little kegerator, and shouldnt be that hard.

I would think the molded fleetliner inserts to service the wet bar might be harder, I will need something like that little cart from an airplane. I will keep you posted.

Bob, would it void my insurance to have a beer dispensing stack on the hood if I didnt use it unless I was parked? Perhaps a quick disconnect that is there so it cant be used while moving (tried to picture a person leaning all the way out there to get a draft while driving, then assumes some dumbbutt would)

And don't forget, if party ball is tapped, is it considered and open container? Ooops, looks like you already covered that.

Spyder Garage

It fit 2 12 packs just fine... drank to many before attempting, so I didn't get an accurate account. Will try again tomorrow!