Spyder Garage

Default Ever worked "out out of your Spyder"

Last Friday I left my service truck at home so I could take my bike to the dealer for that brake recall. I had a route to run but it would take me 2 hours + to get back to work so my boss said I could work out of my 'Hot Wheels". I loaded all my parts that I needed for the day and off I road. I had a lot of fun seeing my customers. I am a in home service tech, Appliance repair. My boss took a picture of me loading up.
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Spyder Garage

That's just brilliant!!!

Spyder Garage

That is awesome !

I love that I can ride my spyder to work everyday .

I am the opposite of most people - I ride all week to and from work , but very rarely ride at night and on weekends for fun . I have been trying to find every excuse to meet up with my wife and son wherever her schedule has us going or just run my things to do on my spyder.

Now you just have to ask your boss on the light days if you can use your spyder --- I see removable business decals in your future
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Working out of the Spyder? If I've got an office errand to run; Heck yeah!!
    That inlcudes getting the mail, bank runs, pictures of insureds' houses or cars or pretty near any excuse that I can find to sneak out for a run at any time during the day. That includes picking up snacks and/or lunch!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

That's cool Farmboy, the customers are probably amused when you arrive on the spaceship , on the other hand they probably figure if he can work on that he can fix anything...
    'Bikeless'

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yep same here. I do server/network service. I have worked out if it a couple times. I worked out of my last bike i think the Spyder is perfect to work out of. More storage than my FJR. I also agree give somthing to talk about with clients. So far they all come out and have a look then i tell them to come here and go to emburn .

Josh

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I often work off of my Spyder RT. I am a real estate appraiser so take the spyder out to do the home inspection, etc... Also I have to travel around viewing comparable sales of other houses and take pictures of them, etc. I have a notepad holder that mounts on one of my ram mounts so I can take notes along the way along with pictures. Get a lot of comments from homeowners when I pull up on a spyder. All love it!

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I get to work "out of my Spyder" every day because it IS my work (if ya can call it work)

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Occasionally when doing weekend duty and I don't need to carry any large parts I will, yes.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Neato!
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is it really considered "Working ", when you're grinning from ear to ear??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yes it was so cool! I want to do it more often as lon as I do not have to deliver a repaired refrigerator...
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Working out of the Spyder? If I've got an office errand to run; Heck yeah!!
    That inlcudes getting the mail, bank runs, pictures of insureds' houses or cars or pretty near any excuse that I can find to sneak out for a run at any time during the day. That includes picking up snacks and/or lunch!
    Hey people im guessing Bob doesn't even use the washroom in his own office, i think he rides over to the farthest coffee shop just to go for a ride hehe
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I travel all over the country providing wastewater treatment plant operator training. If the customer is close enough I try to ride my . The frunk can hold my laptop, projector and clothes. Last week my customer was a new owner of a new black 2010 RTS w/trailer. I think he only has 300 miles on it. I told him about the Spyder event that is comming up in New Holland, PA. I also talked to his Can-Am dealer about the event. The dealer had no idea about the event even though it is just down the road 36 miles. My screen saver is photos of past Spyder events so I get to talk about Spyders at every site.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Back in the 80's when I was in the leather business, I used to make deliveries on my Yamaha Venture. Big leather hides, rolled up like carpets laying across the back seat and bungeed to the hand grab rails.

The frunk bag works great for my teaching materials when I go to my classes at the university. Most students are shocked the first time they see the "stuffy" accounting professor arriving on a motorcycle. Their reaction most of the time is "cool".

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red