Spyder Garage

Angry spyder riders in alabama warrenty problems

Just wanted everyone to know I'm in a lemon law dispute with big#1 in birmigham. they have tried over 4 times to fix my 2011 rt-s (1,400)miles and can not get it rite.We are going on vacation on the 21 of may(this month). there answer is if the problem happens turn it off an wait a few minets then crank it again . the problem is the check engine lite comes on and the spyder runs realy bad .we are going on a 3,000 mile trip. if we can make it back ok just wanted every to know what I'm going thru!that we make it.

zrc

Default Ack

Hey pete, sorry to hear it is going less than awesome. What has Big #1 been doing? I would like to know how they have been attempting to deal with whats up. I have done some business with them, and I was planning to continue to do it, but this might be a deal breaker.

Spyder Garage

Well all they did for 3 months was reset the computer over an over finaly can-am tec told them the codes ment the t/b an t/bsen were bad after they replaced them we were able to go on vacationonly problem is cb don't work and the VSC don't work we'll take it back and see what they do.by the way I had to get sate att. general involed.I will post what happens

Spyder Garage

Default Throttle body issues!

Sounds to me like you need a throttle body. have you pulled the codes when it is occurring? Hold Mode and set then hit turn signal button as if to turn the signal off. Code will pop on the screen.

It is a well documented problem both here and everywhere else. I have had four plus at least three software updates related to the same issues.

Relax they will get it fixed.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

I also recommend talking with Carlo at BRP or whoever is handling complaints these days. Keep us posted on the results.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

well it looks like they may have it fixed
    my wife and I on our 2011 spyder-rt-L'IL Red