Thread: Venting

Spyder Garage

Default Venting

I have 825 miles on Carolyn's Chocalate. I have not taken any of the Tupperware off except to access the dip stick. It was in the shop for the 600 mile OC.

We are loading up for a trip to Lancaster Pa and during the process I noticed that there is no VENT grill on the right side opposite the dip stick side. I don't even know if there ever was one there or if there is supposed to be one there.

If there should be one therein if it was properly installed in setup or manufacture should it be able to fly out? I am certain I have not driven through an sink holes or over any moose road kill.

Is there any reason that it would be removed for the 600 mile service?

If my dealer doesn't do the right thing by us, anyone know what a replacement will cost?
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I do believe it is open as my new RT has none either. I will let others post in to verify.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

On the right side there is no plate. It is an opening for the hot air from your radiator. It can get a bit hot in the summer and many of us have installed a blocker plate. Not too expensive from one of the site sponsors (I can't remember). Install is not hard and it helps. Enjoy riding your Spyder.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

The right side was never there, That did fool more than a few people,
    It was left open for venting.

Spyder Garage

Ok

Thanks
    so there is no grill in that location. That is good to know. I will have the wife check out the heat this week as it could get up to 80 in Pa. If she doesn't complain about the heat all is well, if she does, I'll get spyder pops fix.

Thanks again
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    RT Mods.
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mspiv View Post
    Ok

Thanks
    so there is no grill in that location. That is good to know. I will have the wife check out the heat this week as it could get up to 80 in Pa. If she doesn't complain about the heat all is well, if she does, I'll get spyder pops fix.

Thanks again
    FWIW - It can get hot enough to cause a person to move their foot in on top of the brake pedal (in an attempt to get away from the heat) - thus possibly causing them to ride with a little pressure on the brake pedal. Which will in turn cause the bike to go into limp mode, and you don't want that to happen. So, give her the skinny upfront about the heat and what she needs to be aware of (concerning not putting pressure on the brake pedal) if she tightens her foot position. So she doesn't have to go through the limp home mode experience.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Vent cover

No worries, that is normal . There is no vent cover on that side.

Spyder Garage

Ok

Thanks

Thanks again
    Take the cover off the dip stick side and you will not have remove the panel to check the oil.

Spyder Garage

I have 825 miles on Carolyn's Chocalate. I have not taken any of the Tupperware off except to access the dip stick. It was in the shop for the 600 mile OC.

We are loading up for a trip to Lancaster Pa and during the process I noticed that there is no VENT grill on the right side opposite the dip stick side. I don't even know if there ever was one there or if there is supposed to be one there.

If there should be one therein if it was properly installed in setup or manufacture should it be able to fly out? I am certain I have not driven through an sink holes or over any moose road kill.

Is there any reason that it would be removed for the 600 mile service?

If my dealer doesn't do the right thing by us, anyone know what a replacement will cost?
    Hit me up when you get to Lancaster, maybe we can get together. I'm 35 Miles east of Lancaster on route 30
    Me & My Babycakes

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's no grillework there from the factory... But if it causes a loss os sleep at night, there are several aftermarket ones that'll fill up that void and look just like OEM...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Get the inserts they will make your look complete.

Spyder Garage

I kinda like it open . There is just enough room for the cat to crawl in and

Get eaten by the big fan.
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    RT Mods.
    RT Mods.
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

Hey Fonz I will look you up if we head toward coatsville. My babycakes has a pretty tight shopping schedul planed. We are staying right by the airport in smoke town. There is a retreads rally this week. Little cottages name escapes me

Look for lava on the road honk wave stand up.
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    RT Mods.
    RT Mods.
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rhansen309 View Post
    On the right side there is no plate. It is an opening for the hot air from your radiator. It can get a bit hot in the summer and many of us have installed a blocker plate. Not too expensive from one of the site sponsors (I can't remember). Install is not hard and it helps. Enjoy riding your Spyder.
    Both SpyderPops and ISCI have products that address the heat issue you are talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12