Spyder Garage

Default NEW! Upgraded my RTS speakers to HERTZ 6.5" Coax plus JBL DSP/AMP

On my never ending endevour to get better sound I present to you my latest creation!
    Details: HERTZ HCX 165 6.5" 2-Way Hi-Energy Coaxial Speakers HCX165
    • 2-Way Coaxial Speakers
    • Size: 6.5" Inch Woofer / 3/4" Inch Tweeter
    • 200W Peak Power /100W Continuous Power
    • Impedance: 4 Ohm
    • Frequency Response: 50 - 22k Hz

And to answer that burning question... no they are not water proof. But the speaker cones are a ploy-somthing plastic not paper. Besides I dont ride in the pouring rain.

The install:
    It is not for the faint of heart! You WILL need to cut away some plastic housing around the opening to get these to fit. And by fit I mean you WILL need to make two spacers as shown in the video. Basically 6.5" rings but they push out the speakers behond the plane of the original hole and thus lessening the need to have 6.5" opening. Its more like 6". But to get that you need to cut away some plastic as shown in the video.

To drive these speakers I installed a new JBL 400watt DSP/AMP in the rear trunk. 8guage wiring to the battery. 16guage wiring to EACH speaker. auto turnon. Awesome sound! Plus they sell a remote bass control if you want it. Model: JBL MS-A1004 100wat RMS x4 channels. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109MSA1...crv=6655948825

PART 1:

PART 2:
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Dude...AWESOME! Great to show that it can be done!

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

I am in the process of designing with the intent on replacing the the rear passenger seat cushion with a large BASS speaker.
    My left rear HERTZ speaker seems to be blown anyway.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black