Spyder Garage

Smile TricLED Fender Replacements

I purchased a pair of the TricLED front fender lights at Spyderfest2012.
    Sunday, during a ride in a storm, the right one decided to stop working.
    I received a pleasant surprise when I called them, regarding a replacement.
    No questions asked except my address and they are sending a pair at no cost!!
    Looking forward to having more lights added in Durango, CO.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by H8CNCR View Post
    I purchased a pair of the TricLED front fender lights at Spyderfest2012.
    Sunday, during a ride in a storm, the right one decided to stop working.
    I received a pleasant surprise when I called them, regarding a replacement.
    No questions asked except my address and they are sending a pair at no cost!!
    Looking forward to having more lights added in Durango, CO.
    Art, Reggie is the best in the business. I would not trust anyone else but him when it comes to LED's. However, because Durango is a BRP event, I doubt Reggie or any other vendors would be there unless they can find a spot outside the area that they can set up.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Art, Reggie is the best in the business. I would not trust anyone else but him when it comes to LED's. However, because Durango is a BRP event, I doubt Reggie or any other vendors would be there unless they can find a spot outside the area that they can set up.
    Big mistake in my estimation not having vendors at the fairgrounds but I can easily see why. They are there for where the Spyder fell short or enhance the appearance of the bike. Personal safety products are also hard to find at dealers anymore.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Art, Reggie is the best in the business. I would not trust anyone else but him when it comes to LEDs. However, because Durango is a BRP event, I doubt Reggie or any other vendors would be there unless they can find a spot outside the area that they can set up.
    I remember last year at Maggie Valley Owners event SpyderPops set up a little down the main drag and the local Authorities shut him down unless he wanted to pay a whack of money for a vendors permit.
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

TricLed are the best! But one word of caution when you go to install the replacement fender light be very careful when you remove the position light. I had the same thing happen to me on my way home from Spyderfest one of my fender lights went out - mine are over a year old - when I got home I removed the position light and broke off the little plastic tab that holds it in place. Of course BRP does not sell the light as individual components so I had to order the entire assembly $47.00. The LED just had a loose connection which we were able to fix.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Totally agree Reggy is the best We can't wait for project night in green to come back in stock ( worth the wait) -- we wouldn't buy led lights from anyone but him. We have the fender lights and green under glow installed already. Reggy has been great about answering my e-mails inquiring about project night, and my check ins to see when they'll be in. We plan to do other led lights from him in the future as well -- We can't wait to meet him at Spyders in the Adirondacks this year !
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BRP should understand that the 3rd party vendors/manufacturers produce items to not only support them, but it gives BRP more exposure...They should allow vendors at BRP events...It'd be a win/win situation.

Spyder Garage

Default LED Loose connecton

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    TricLed are the best! But one word of caution when you go to install the replacement fender light be very careful when you remove the position light. I had the same thing happen to me on my way home from Spyderfest one of my fender lights went out - mine are over a year old - when I got home I removed the position light and broke off the little plastic tab that holds it in place. Of course BRP does not sell the light as individual components so I had to order the entire assembly $47.00. The LED just had a loose connection which we were able to fix.
    Thank you for this information. Will see if I have loose connection.
    Strange how mine happened. During driving in rain storm.

White Front/ Red Back= The White went out and approx one mile later the Red went out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Ijust got the plastic lens cover replaced. And it was covered in the warrenty. Your dealer just took you to the cleaners.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Well I know where I am ordering my LED's from...
    'Bikeless'

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by H8CNCR View Post
    Thank you for this information. Will see if I have loose connection.
    Strange how mine happened. During driving in rain storm.

White Front/ Red Back= The White went out and approx one mile later the Red went out.
    Mine first went out during rain also. The white went out and like you later the red went but they continued to flash on and off for the next 2 days. Drove my husband who was riding behind me crazy! I thought that my problem might have been that the rubber gasket around the position lights looked a little twisted but we did find that there was a loose connection.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder#353 View Post
    Ijust got the plastic lens cover replaced. And it was covered in the warrenty. Your dealer just took you to the cleaners.
    I didn't do anything to the plastic lens cover. My aftermarket fender light went out and I took the position light off and broke it. No warranty on this one it was my husband's fault. LOL
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622