Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    First off, thank you everyone, I have the best group of friends in the world, we put on as good as an event as we possibly could,.... Could it have been better, sure it could have! We are new at this. 24months of experience is not a lot at events like this, did we keep everyone happy.... No.... Did I truly want to.... With 110% of my entire best attempt to yes! The Mogang band together like a bunch of paid professionals!..... Which they were not. They were rock stars, luv you guys!

We served a lot of soda, water, lemonade..... But no Kool-Aid profit is a must.... If there's none there's no biz! But we kept our prices as low as possible and still able to come out on the risk of stocking numerous items.

As to you sir,my sincerest regrets, we failed you and you are right...... Looking back we should have done exactly like you said. Your hine sight is 20 20!!! So please except my applogie, it was more than a busy week, we did do our best, apparently it was not enough and for that I am truly truly sorry.

So please let me know exactly what I can do to make it up to you, for our failure to let you know or get your pin replaced, we tried to get all right, next time I will do better, sincerely hope you had a good time inspite of our recent overlook or uninforming Please double check and see if this has been done, they installed almost every pin we had to put in, not say we
    did or did not, just say it could have been done without them telling you, most folks were asking for it, which made it much Easyer for our small staff to take care of everyone. To Randy and all the rest of you, thank you for knowing we are only human and coming to our defense on this issue, you are all counted as friends and proud to have or will be meeting you. Looking forward to next year with you all again, thank you.
    Another reason why we like this man... even at times of criticism (even if wrongfully critiqued), he comes and apologizes. Len, sir, you are a TRUE gentleman!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I for one am not going to sit back and let people bash someone that I know to be a good person. So you're saying that if Len never read the original post we should just have left the OP make his false statement without comment? And as for the post yesterday about the site sponsor I thought that someone did apologize.
    The original post, and the second post from the OP, there was nothing wrong with them. It is was his point of view, thats all it was. He didn't get personal and he simply pointed out an area where he thought the dealer could have done more? Everybody starts to give the OP the third degree and finally then they lost it and he talked about cool-aid and profits? There is nothing wrong with supporting a business owner or a friend when it is neccessary. Some people can do it calmly and rationally, others not so much.
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default W.P. Mulligan

Sir,

1. BRP recalled 3259 2010 RT Spyders in the USA for the brake pin.
    2. BRP recalled 1252 210 RT Spyders in Canada for the brake pin.
    2. How many 2010 RT Spyders were at Spyderfest?
    3. How pins should Cowtown ordered for BRP's recall?
    4. How may tech's should Cowtown placed to fix BRP's recall?

(if you know the answer to the last three, I need some help with some lotto numbers)

I fail to see how an event sponsor is responible for BRP's recall. This recall of 4511 2010RT's Spyders has resulted in 3 known incidents.
    573.6 (c) (6)
    Chronology of Events:
    Three incidents were reported: one incident happened on June 28, 2011 in Canada with a
    vehicle owned by a consumer, a second incident happened on July 12, 2011 in Finland with a
    vehicle owned by BRP Finland and a third incident in United States on February 23, 2012. In
    the 3 instances, a loss of brake was experienced. No accident or injuries were reported. BRP
    started its investigation as of the possible root cause when the 2 first incidents occurred. In light
    of the facts of the third case and with all the investigation made, BRP determined the probable
    root causes and the possible consequences and has decided to launch a safety recall.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...59&docType=RCL

Sir I believe your wrath is misplaced at Cowtown and Spyderfest contact BRP. Len being a very astute person adressed you in a very professional manner. Something that might be learned here.

Sincerely

Rick " FMFTXS" Glugla

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    The original post, and the second post from the OP, there was nothing wrong with them. It is was his point of view, thats all it was. He didn't get personal and he simply pointed out an area where he thought the dealer could have done more? Everybody starts to give the OP the third degree and finally then they lost it and he talked about cool-aid and profits? There is nothing wrong with supporting a business owner or a friend when it is neccessary. Some people can do it calmly and rationally, others not so much.
    Please stop, we know where you stand, leave these guys alone. They are entitled to there rights too! It's not fair for you to tell them they are Wrong..... He without sin cast the first stone.

Spyder Garage

Len and the crew practice what we have all come to know as the golden rule. NOT the version that says he who has the gold makes the rules. NOPE. The original one that goes way back to Biblical principals. That rule says two things beyond the obvious---- 1) IF you have not done the best in the eyes of even ONE person, you do whatever you can to make that right. See Len's post for evidence of following that principal. 2) IF you make caring for others with a servant attitude and with love the primary principal, the money WILL take care of itself. Again, I refer you to Len's post. Rick, Len, and the entire Cowtown family live, breathe and function on these principals. THAT is why so many come to the defense---- family love.

I have ZERO issue Cowtown NOT saying anything about the recall. Hey... Maybe it would have been nice if that info were in the BRP tent?! But still, I didn't miss it. I think it's my responsibility to follow socialized tips on how to best operate my assets and follow published recalls. Oh, and I have a 2010 RT.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

First off, thank you everyone, I have the best group of friends in the world, we put on as good as an event as we possibly could,.... Could it have been better, sure it could have! We are new at this. 24months of experience is not a lot at events like this, did we keep everyone happy.... No.... Did I truly want to.... With 110% of my entire best attempt to yes! The Mogang band together like a bunch of paid professionals!..... Which they were not. They were rock stars, luv you guys!

We served a lot of soda, water, lemonade..... But no Kool-Aid profit is a must.... If there's none there's no biz! But we kept our prices as low as possible and still able to come out on the risk of stocking numerous items.

As to you sir,my sincerest regrets, we failed you and you are right...... Looking back we should have done exactly like you said. Your hine sight is 20 20!!! So please except my applogie, it was more than a busy week, we did do our best, apparently it was not enough and for that I am truly truly sorry.

So please let me know exactly what I can do to make it up to you, for our failure to let you know or get your pin replaced, we tried to get all right, next time I will do better, sincerely hope you had a good time inspite of our recent overlook or uninforming Please double check and see if this has been done, they installed almost every pin we had to put in, not say we
    did or did not, just say it could have been done without them telling you, most folks were asking for it, which made it much Easyer for our small staff to take care of everyone. To Randy and all the rest of you, thank you for knowing we are only human and coming to our defense on this issue, you are all counted as friends and proud to have or will be meeting you. Looking forward to next year with you all again, thank you.
    How can anyone possibly not love this guy? He graciously takes the blame for something that's not even his fault and even apologizes to someone who unfairly accused him. Class.

I wish we had a dealer with half his integrity where I live. Len, if you ever want to open a Cowtown branch here we'd welcome you with open arms!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a simple question and then will be done with this post. Where is W.P.'s dealer? Why did his dealer not notify him? Does he even have a local dealer? I don't expect an answer I am just making the point that if you own a Spyder, being a new technology and new vehicle design having a close and hopefully respectful relationship with a local BRP dealer is vital to both your well being and finances. I am not a dealer or related to one!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Oldandgrouchy;450515] Why did his dealer not notify him?QUOTE]

I don't believe it's the dealer's responsibility. The notice would come from BRP; at least I believe so. I know when the DPS replacement occured on the GS's the safety recall came from BRP. I notified my dealer the day before they found out b/c all the info was provided here on S/L's.

Now, I'm not saying if you have a real good dealer that he/she may not take the bull by the horns and contact you.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=wyliec;450562]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    Why did his dealer not notify him?QUOTE]

I don't believe it's the dealer's responsibility. The notice would come from BRP; at least I believe so. I know when the DPS replacement occured on the GS's the safety recall came from BRP. I notified my dealer the day before they found out b/c all the info was provided here on S/L's.

Now, I'm not saying if you have a real good dealer that he/she may not take the bull by the horns and contact you.

Yes, I agree, what I meant is that if I did get or find out about a recall notice that was important while I was on a trip I would have called my dealer long distance to find out what was what rather than blast the closest dealer at hand Not to mention one that was in the middle of a rally.

Spyder Garage

My mistake.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The attitude shown in this post explains why Len and Cowtown have such a large group of devoted customers. You can go to college and study business but you won't learn more about how to treat customers and the general public than you can by reading this post. Very classy, indeed.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Len and the crew practice what we have all come to know as the golden rule. NOT the version that says he who has the gold makes the rules. NOPE. The original one that goes way back to Biblical principals. That rule says two things beyond the obvious---- 1) IF you have not done the best in the eyes of even ONE person, you do whatever you can to make that right. See Len's post for evidence of following that principal. 2) IF you make caring for others with a servant attitude and with love the primary principal, the money WILL take care of itself. Again, I refer you to Len's post. Rick, Len, and the entire Cowtown family live, breathe and function on these principals. THAT is why so many come to the defense---- family love.

I have ZERO issue Cowtown NOT saying anything about the recall. Hey... Maybe it would have been nice if that info were in the BRP tent?! But still, I didn't miss it. I think it's my responsibility to follow socialized tips on how to best operate my assets and follow published recalls. Oh, and I have a 2010 RT.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD
    Actually the "Golden Rule" (the ethic of reciprocity) predates the bible by about 2,000 years--in Ancient China, Babylon, Egypt, Greece, etc.......a very common philosophy from various religions & cultures ... one that more people (including myself) need to try and follow better.

It appears that if you had your Spyder worked on, Cowtown indeed checked for any safety recalls..and fixed them. I believe this is part of the process when plugged into BUDS.. it will show any updates needed... at least it did when I had my brakes tested by a dealer in Cincinnati .. they saw I needed the cluster update and did it.

So if the OP had any work done on his Spyder (with the exception of an Elka install) - they would have caught the update. Doesn't sound like he had any work done......

Len and Cowtown are a class act as witnessed by his humble response to this situation. Many of us (myself included) would have just torn the guy a new one.... but not Len. He indeed possesses the 'Patience of Job'.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did anybody realized that the 2010 RT's new brake pin are not at the dealers yet? How did Len supposed to fix your Spyder? And who recommended the "fix" with zip ties...... are they insane?
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Did anybody realized that the 2010 RT's new brake pin are not at the dealers yet? How did Len supposed to fix your Spyder? And who recommended the "fix" with zip ties...... are they insane?
    You must have been asleep Doc... Some dealers got them in and got the pin done. And as for the recommended "fix"... I'm no snitch, but ask the admin of the Forum...
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

I watched the techs replace the pins on two 2010 RT's while I was at Cowtown when they were there for other service. Took them less than a minute to replace both pins and install the cotter pins. There's nothing insane about using a ziptie it's just another way to have a fail safe, I honestly don't see how the pin could ever come loose unless the clip was not fastened to start with.

Spyder Garage

It appears dealers don't have the parts yet. That's what happened when I checked with my dealer. I am going to stay out of the controversy of blaming those at Spyderfest for not having parts and service for the recall. That's is not the usual way recalls are handled. You are supposed to see your dealer IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default APOLOGIES

"Satire", satire my a**... Lenny and all the people at Cowtown are like "GODS"........Mike....

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    You must have been asleep Doc.....
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

So is that Forrest behind you?!?! He always looks like he needs a nap!

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

How is it that threads so often come around to the dynamic duo of Doc & Forrest one way or the other?

Pic from their younger days.....

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I think this poor horse is beyond dead.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Agree
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Agree
    Let's close this thread!

Previously owned: