Spyder Garage

Default pics-comfort seat, yoshi pipe, rear sport rack , solo seat cover, console protector

installed some new stuff

the comfort seat was easy enough to install and is very nice .

the sport rack went on first while i had the seat off -- this is a must have if you want to install a rear passanger back rest . nice thing is that under the lid is a nice small storage space that has a rubber gasket so looks to be waterproof. it comes with a pull cord thingie that goes under the seat and you pull it to take the cover off and switch to the backrest -- very easy and very secure.

the console protectors are from can am and match the carbon fiber look of the front decals in the handelbars.

the yoshimura pipe sounds great -- only problem i had was attaching the upper bracket on the pipe and getting the bolt through it -- ended up spraying some WD40 on the rubber gasket so it would let the bracket slide together easier.

the rear seat solo cover is just held on by rubber bungies -- holes are pre made into the seat , yes even the comfort seat is identical underneath as the other seat. i am just not sure i like the look yet -- might have to wait a few days and see if it grows on me.

now tomorrow i put on the two brother juice box pro -- just have to see if the two brothers map will work with the yoshi pipe.

still waiting on the trunk liner to be delivered by the big brown truck.

Last edited by Dwanton; 04-27-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Installed my comfort seat today too.

Your spyder looks good, but I don't know about the solo seat cover. Now after seeing your bike I know it is not for me. One question. Does your seat pop up on its own when you turn the key? Mine does now, but did not with the stock seat.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Your spyder looks good, but I don't know about the solo seat cover. Now after seeing your bike I know it is not for me. One question. Does your seat pop up on its own when you turn the key? Mine does now, but did not with the stock seat.

Yea I am up in the air whether I like the solo seat cover or not too.

No the seat does not just spring up - could add a spring if you want - doesn't bother me . Maybe a little adjusting and it might but I think I have everything lined up good .
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Nice set-up . I think the Yoshi sounds awesome !
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Never did like the solo seat cover on when I had my bike and everyone not just me had a problem with the rubber it attaches with, it would dry out and break, had mine fall off while going down the road and also on mine the cover rubbed against my comfort seat and damaged it a little.

Spyder Garage

Default installed the cargo liner

installed the cargo liner and juice box pro today. then cleaned her up , took her out for a blast. i am very happy with my new machine and the upgrades are great finishing touches .

i really think the cargo liner should of came with the RSS from the factory.

should have the K&N filter monday or tuesday and thats it for now.

Last edited by Dwanton; 04-28-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

I still have NOT been able to sit on a Comfort Seat. Is it a LOT more comfortable than stock?
    Does it move you any more forward OR higher in the seat?

Looks Great!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I still have NOT been able to sit on a Comfort Seat. Is it a LOT more comfortable than stock?
    Does it move you any more forward OR higher in the seat?

Looks Great!!!
    i had the RSS stitched seat and the comfort has a higher straighter backrest for the driver. its basically the same bottom and just differant cushion and cover . i like it better.

no it doesnt move you forwards or higher .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Dwanton View Post
    No the seat does not just spring up - could add a spring if you want - doesn't bother me . Maybe a little adjusting and it might but I think I have everything lined up good .
    I am sorry, but I think you misunderstood me. Before the seat would not pop up, but now it does. Do you think it is out of adjustment? it only pops up about three inches, and then I lift it the rest of the way to fill the tank.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I am sorry, but I think you misunderstood me. Before the seat would not pop up, but now it does. Do you think it is out of adjustment? it only pops up about three inches, and then I lift it the rest of the way to fill the tank.
    when i pop the seat I have to lift the corner and i goes up all by itself -- mine goes up as far as the strut lets it , maybe your strut is bad ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dwanton View Post
    when i pop the seat I have to lift the corner and i goes up all by itself -- mine goes up as far as the strut lets it , maybe your strut is bad ?
    Not sure, but I will ask my mechanic.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold