Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    This is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Rightly deserved funds, then you follow it up with they use the money it to fix the roads.
    So. You are saying that if you did the crime.. It's okay not to do the timeor pay the fine? What about DUI and reckless driving? That endagers everyone on the road. Should they get off the hook? Taken a little further, are you saying its okay for murderers and rapists caught in the act to go free? They are both laws. Fighting a ticket or a criminal charge is for people who honestly believe they are innocent. Not so you can get out of paying a few bucks for committing a crime you knowingly committed. If you were caught in the act, pay the fine.

Getting out of a a ticket because your wife works for Vegas PD !!!!!!!! This further reassures the cops think there above the law.
    I'm not saying its right. But it is the way it is. And I never said my wife was a cop. There are many civilian positions in a police department.

cops think there above the law.
    they're
    Last edited by Arr MiHardies; 05-04-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Don't say "it's about money" !!!!!!! You must say........ RIGHTLY DESERVED FUNDS.
    You don't have to be an ass. Oh wait. Maybe you do.

Spyder Garage

My story about my ticket was meant to illustrate that if you cooperate and show the cops some respect, things will be much easier for you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you...
    Believe it or not; we're all on the same side here...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Fly, I'm curious about something...
    If you're driving where the posted speed limit is 55 and you're doing 70 and know it... If you get written up; would you fight it or admit the truth, own your mistake and pay the fine?
    I always respect the cops when I get pulled over, am honest and forthright with them. Never argue the ticket or facts with the cop. Period.

That being said,

I will ALWAYS fight a ticket in court... even when I know I was indeed speeding.

I don't make the rules of the courts, but I damn sure will play by them... and you are not guilty of the traffic violation until you either sign off on it, or have your day in court.

9 times out of 10 it will never go to court. They will offer you a deferment or a plea to remove the points in exchange for more money.. which I will gladly pay.

I got a ticket in Indiana last year..... instant-on radar got me and I was at the front of traffic... pulled over-- got ticket... yada yada.....

Got home, filed proper paperwork with court to fight it, along with discovery requests for various information pertaining to the stop, radar, tuning forks, road speed surveys, etc.... PA from the county called and offered up a deferment rather than have to do all the work requested. I paid the fine plus $50 fee and as long as I went 6 months without another ticket---- no points and the ticket doesn't get reported to insurance.

Many times they'll offer you a deferment if you take an online driver safety class... takes a few hours.

Nothing wrong with using the rules of the system to your advantage.

I enjoy speeding... and going by the posted speed limit isn't something I'm going to adhere to anytime soon.... so I'll pay my track fees and keep on riding.... ;-)

As with anything... YMMV...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's just about what I figured you'd be saying...

zrc

Is this where I insert my famous line from college "Nothing is illegal until you get caught doing it!"?

To be honest, lets just sum this up by saying the following. There are TONS of laws out there, more than you know about unless you actually study your state publication annually, and we are ALL breaking some of them daily. Period, its a fact of life. So why is it that Firefly and I are "bad people" because we speed, we take the violation when we get it, then we use CURRENT ACCEPTED routes to not have to have either points taken OR have our insurance jacked out the freaking roof?

I mean lets just be honest for a minute, insurance can be a pretty dicey situation, (THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING POINTED AT BOB), I pay out more than 800 bucks a month for Car, Bike, Home, Medical, Life, and Dental.

Of that, with my medical (total of 3700 a year) they pay NOTHING to me until I have cleared a 3000 dollar deductable, and then they pay 80% after that. (so I have to pay 6700 to make them pay anything).
    Dental - Same as above but I think the deductible is 1500. and its less so it is more like 1800 a year before they pay.

Car - I had a fender bender in a parking lot at 15 cause someone else was going faster but we didnt get a police report so I ended up being at fault cause he got a lawyer and screwed me. My car didnt get fixed (because its 1500 bucks deductible and the damage is 985), his did because it was "my" fault. My insurance goes up. ( I have been a driver for 18 years, I currently have had 4 speeding tickets [none sent to insurance], and 4 wrecks only 1 of which was my fault)

Bike - No issues, however, is with the same company I have car insurance with, my insurance goes up.

Home - NEVER FILED A CLAIM EVER, OWNED 2 HOMES, over 10 years, same company with Bike / Car, insurance goes up.

So yea, even though I break some laws because I have vice's like everyone, and I can openly admit them, I am being chastized for being a liar and a not good person? Both times I have been in court I was 100% honest about the ticket, the speed and the last time I had a ticket.

I have also always been honest when I have been pulled over anywhere. And I have NEVER lied to a cop or made up some to get out of a violation. Given all that I always take the ventues they have to get what I need that is best to my situation. It results in the ABSOLUTE verification of the ORIGINAL topic of this tread. What happened there, and what we are talking about now is the simple fact that tickets and LEOs in many many towns are working to meet quotas for money for the city. I have a mother who has been a city secretary for a small town for over 20 years. The ENTIRE TOWN runs off the tickets they write. They dont write ANY tickets for anything until 15 mph over the speed limit, but a ticket in this town costs more than 240 bucks, regardless. Court or not, if you go around with the way you can to keep points off, it totals out at about 320 bucks, which you would save in less than a YEAR of increased other costs, not to mention points + lose of a license often result in job loss.

Regardless of where you sit, and how you view it, tickets are money for the municipality(I have no clue how to spell) they are written for. If you think all those tickets ever have a chance of actually improving roads, then you might live in a town where things are done better than they are in the south, because here, that is more than laughable. Tickets here, actually directly effect any paid officers ability to actually get paid. Think about that one for a while.

It doesnt matter than in this state it is ILLEGAL to use tickets as a pure source of revenue for a city, they do it anyway. So there you go, the cops are breaking laws in the same manner that we are (AT TIMES), and at times violating the rights of the people they stop.

Basically we are a society that is built on rules that have a good plan in place, but actually the issue is the people that enforce them. Things are always fantastic on paper and then immediately flawed in their attempt to be implemented. Insurance is the same way, its a great idea, but its application is shady and unfun at best. The same with the chemical industry I work in, we make SUPER FREAKING deadly stuff, that if we didnt have, you couldnt drink the freaking water.

Welcome to catch 22 we made for ourselves, and then we started busting out some loop holes like crazy to get it to fit the applications we actually have. All systems created by man are inherently flawed. Because man is inherently flawed, and basically nothing is unbiased. Its just how it is. I would like to think that we could reach an agreement in the middle somewhere, but we wont. Some people are dedicated to the fact that the system works, and that we should all adhere to it, yet somewhere in another venue they usually circumvent another system that I might not. That is just life, and the way it works.

I respect everyone that has weighed in here, and I appreciate the different views that you have. All that being said, I am still gonna be speeding at times, and I will still have a drink and be below the legal limit and drive. That is me, and that is how I roll.

I am sure in this thread I have alienated people that might have thought up to this point I was an ok guy, and I am sorry if that is how you feel and I think you deserve to have your opinion, however, I am insulted and enraged if you believe that I am not intitled to my own. Much like the infringement of rights, I see all too often these days the internet become a place where people cannot civily disagree, and for some reason a country that was founded based on everyone having rights to an opinion has lead to place where people think that if you disagree with them that you are wrong and that it is UNACCEPTABLE and they will try to brow beat you into their perspective.

I know you might not like me now world of spyderlovers, but I still love all of you. So raise a glass (of whatever), kick some @$$ and lets ryde 'em like we stole 'em even though I would never do that... Cause its illegal...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ah Tito... You're still an okay guy! Even if you do drive like an once in a while!

There's an old saying: "Love the sinner, but hate the sin."

arntufun

Ah Tito... You're still an okay guy! Even if you do drive like an once in a while!

There's an old saying: "Love the sinner, but hate the sin."

There is also another great saying from my single and dating years that would apply here.

Don't hate the player.......... Hate the game !!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Much better than Snookie...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    What if your the only one in the the car and the text shows it was just in the last few minutes and your on a freeway with no reststops easy bust and the burden of proof is always on you innocent until proven guilty is yesterday just try to beat a ticket nowadays
    How about red light cameras, they don't have to prove who was driving or who did anything. They just mail your ticket to you coming from the info on your tag. How crooked is that?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure that the thread about Lamont's NVBs has us beat by a country mile...
    I think Dave and Teddy's excellent adventures are right up there too!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My apologies to Teddy.. I forgot about that one!

Spyder Garage

Phil's mods thread is pretty darn long as well.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Sightings has 635 replies.