Spyder Garage

Default Cb Issues transmitting

We now have our second Spyder RT-S. Very happy but having the same problem with the cb. Not the lingering transmit situation, but it seems like the transmitting signal is too strong??? When I transmit, my buddies get a VERY loud howell. Almost sounds like feed-back. Or just a aggrivating, high pitched sound. Has anyone else had this issue? J&M has made a updated mount for the antenna. DO I need one of those? Any help would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Sure sounds like feedback. If you do not have a problem with the headsets too close to the mic, or something in your settings, I would suspect a short or a bad CB. Time to see your dealer. They will probably have to consult with BRP or the CB manufacurer.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Strange question...

Do you pull the RT-622 trailer? If so, have you noticed if it only happens while the trailer is attached? There is a known problem with the trailer wiring harness in the RT Spyder. When the trailer is attached there is a ground problem that causes a problem much like you described. Also, when keying the microphone, one or both trailer tail lights may flicker. If this is the issue, the solution is to replace the trailer wiring harness on the Spyder. If this problem occurs without pulling the trailer, I have no help for you.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info! We haven't pulled the trailer yet, so no it does not seem to be that. I am wondering if it is a problem with the antenna, or a need for the J&M antenna update? It may very well be feed back from the headset. I will try some more testing today. Thanks again for all the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Strange question...

Do you pull the RT-622 trailer? If so, have you noticed if it only happens while the trailer is attached? There is a known problem with the trailer wiring harness in the RT Spyder. When the trailer is attached there is a ground problem that causes a problem much like you described. Also, when keying the microphone, one or both trailer tail lights may flicker. If this is the issue, the solution is to replace the trailer wiring harness on the Spyder. If this problem occurs without pulling the trailer, I have no help for you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yspyder View Post
    Thanks for the info! We haven't pulled the trailer yet, so no it does not seem to be that. I am wondering if it is a problem with the antenna, or a need for the J&M antenna update? It may very well be feed back from the headset. I will try some more testing today. Thanks again for all the help.
    same issue on 2010 RTS. changed antenna to J&M = no fix. sound goes away almost all the way when totally stopped. once rolling it increases almost instantly. sounds like engine or transmission white noise. reception no isssue.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5