Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New forum feature?

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is starting to feel like a 6th grade report card...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Whatever it is......... it doesn't seem to work.

Spyder Garage

It half works, if I can't get it to work all the way I'll disable it. Right now the like buttons are not displaying.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Whew! I thought that I wasn't too well...

Spyder Garage

Got it working now.

This is a cool way to thank someone for a post by the click of a button and to see who the helpful members are by looking at their "thanks", or you can just like or dislike a post.

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Love this addition!!! Since I read more than anything here...

Spyder Garage

Something New to Learn!!! Yee Haaa

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Post FEATURE

Oh Boy, I just Know WHICH Catagories I'm gonna BE Leading in......Mike............

Spyder Garage

Default In My Humble Opinion

Looks too much like a popularity contest.

But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default SORRY LAMONT

It does not turn my crank
    Carol

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome new feature thank you

Lamont you just keep making this site better and better thank you I love the new feature and the good news is if people don't like it they don't have to use it!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Looks too much like a popularity contest.

But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by RydeOn3Wyfe View Post
    It does not turn my crank
    That's fine and I knew it wouldn't be for everyone.

I started looking for a mod like this after using a feature like this on another board I run. This actually works better than the other one I use. They have a pro version that I think I'm going to buy as it gives me more options. I wanted to try this one first before I bought the upgrade.

A lot of times a member will post a thumbs up to a post and this is just another way to do that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well let's all give it some time and see what happens...
    Good luck to one and all!

arntufun

I 100% agree and like the "thanks" button. That has a purpose and thank you for that.

Will you be adding a tool in our settings to disable this for our personal choice ??? I personally don't want to see other members judging people and think it is 100% wrong. This new dislike button will divide and ruin this site and I plea to you to rethink this option.

I just think this will stir up trouble around here with the dislike button. For instance...... (example purposes only)

Lamont........ you, Tonga and Mooneytech disliked this OP post and even I was floored to see it and wondered why ???? http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...3-UP-IN-FLAMES!!! His Spyder caught fire and was wondering how to proceed with the insurance for it and I found it very mean that someone would dislike his post for asking a question. Also..........this is what will happen. Everyone of your future posts would get a dislike from him and thats how this is going to become a bad idea and divide this site.

I'm just wondering what purpose this dislike button has and my only conclusion is, so people can be mean to others and I see no positive side. I think all your years of hard work on this site will soon be out the window and this will cause alot of animosity between members.

I'm not trying to cause any trouble with my post, only point out what I'm betting will happen.
    Last edited by arntufun; 04-22-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

I was on the fence about the "dislike" button. I think it had a purpose if used the right way but I disabled it. I disliked that his Spyder caught fire but I guess you didn't read it that way. What else would I dislike about it??

You can abuse the "like" button too when you "like" a post when a person is having a problem. Either you don't understand what "like" means or you have another reason for clicking it.

The other paid features are not worth the $70 bucks they want for it. Right now what you see is what you get.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I was on the fence about the "dislike" button. I think it had a purpose if used the right way but I disabled it. I disliked that his Spyder caught fire but I guess you didn't read it that way. What else would I dislike about it??

You can abuse the "like" button too when you "like" a post when a person is having a problem. Either you don't understand what "like" means or you have another reason for clicking it.

The other paid features are not worth the $70 bucks they want for it. Right now what you see is what you get.

I never thought about how liking a post could also have a negitive impact as well, and your right it could.

I really like how you try new and different things with your forum and as long as I don't get any older I should be able to figure out how to use them. Have fun at Spyderfest and I will hold the fort down while your gone.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Lamont........ you, Tonga and Mooneytech disliked this OP post and even I was floored to see it and wondered why ???? http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...3-UP-IN-FLAMES!!! His Spyder caught fire and was wondering how to proceed with the insurance for it and I found it very mean that someone would dislike his post for asking a question. Also..........this is what will happen. Everyone of your future posts would get a dislike from him and thats how this is going to become a bad idea and divide this site.
    I think that is in our best interest to receive the "like" or dislike" grade: look on the numbers off people reading the posts and leave without re-posting. Now, they have another choice.
    BTW, on that Up In Flames thread I vote "like" because BRP needs to realize that fire, DPS, TB, LM, battery etc. are not just "growing pains". Nor that "you have a problem with your Spyder? Trade-it for the next year model."
    But again, I'm biased to say this.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

I participate on other forums that use both the "Like" and "Thanks" systems, and one forum that uses a "reputation" system. Every one of those forums have disabled the negative options. My habit on forums that have those choices is to leave a positive response if I find the information personally useful or as a way of showing I am thankful for someone's effort to respond to me. If I do not like someone's post or disagree I'd rather just say so in the forum itself to be clear WHY I have a negative opinion.

In other words, I would hope that the options for a negative response stay disabled. I can think of no good reason for that except to be vindictive, nasty or rude. If a post really deserves a negative response I would think a moderator would be involved anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    I participate on other forums that use both the "Like" and "Thanks" systems, and one forum that uses a "reputation" system. Every one of those forums have disabled the negative options. My habit on forums that have those choices is to leave a positive response if I find the information personally useful or as a way of showing I am thankful for someone's effort to respond to me. If I do not like someone's post or disagree I'd rather just say so in the forum itself to be clear WHY I have a negative opinion.

In other words, I would hope that the options for a negative response stay disabled. I can think of no good reason for that except to be vindictive, nasty or rude. If a post really deserves a negative response I would think a moderator would be involved anyway.
    The "Like" and "Thanks" can be positive tools to also save Band Space. I have personally gone back to several threads I started and deleted them if the content was doubled or not really needed for future searches and have deleted many posts I made if I later realized I didn,t need to say that?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Not my cup of tea. I prefer plain and simple, but it is easy to skip over or ignore, so if it pleases others to have it, go for it. I am still trying to adjust to the extra header between posts, though. The appearance hasn't sunk into my mind yet, much like when it took a while to adjust to the new forum format.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use tapatalk almost exclusively. Can't see the features. :/
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Buttons

I like the buttons, as it is now just like FaceBook
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's still too new for any intelligent opinion from me; but "intelligent anything" in my corner can be pretty darn rare!
    I was a bit concerned about the dislike button; but almost punched it for PZIM because I too didn't like that his burned...
    But I opted to play it safe...