Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Admirers last night

Went out to get desert on my Spyder last night. Pulling into dairy queen, I got a few glances when I parked right in front of the door. No comments or questions. But when I left.... All 8 or so people in the store, in unison, leaned to the left as I backed up so they could see around a pillar that was blocking the view. Was quite hilarious to see.
    On the way home, a guy in a cage asked if I wanted to trade. My reply was "oh no... Hell no. I love his thing too much." had another guy in a cage comment on how much he liked it a bit further on as well.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    Went out to get desert on my Spyder last night. Pulling into dairy queen, I got a few glances when I parked right in front of the door. No comments or questions. But when I left.... All 8 or so people in the store, in unison, leaned to the left as I backed up so they could see around a pillar that was blocking the view. Was quite hilarious to see.
    On the way home, a guy in a cage asked if I wanted to trade. My reply was "oh no... Hell no. I love his thing too much." had another guy in a cage comment on how much he liked it a bit further on as well.

Guy at the Post Office last night was giving out leaflets on the USPS Union deal (no idea), but he stopped his duty to look at my and asking all kinds of questions. Ended up giving him Can-am information card after 10 minutes of conversation!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

I went to the bank yesterday to get some $2 dollar bills among other denominations for the trip. One of the bank employees wanted to take a look at my Spyder RT. I said fine. The other bankers said she was a bike nut.
    So, we went out front and I showed her and told her about the Spyder. Showed her the farkles on remote control and let her sit on the bike. She mentioned she owned a Honda CBR.

I don't mind getting stopped and answering question and getting nice complements and Wows!
    Never got, "That's a nice pickup truck".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So you're liking this whole "Rock Star" thing...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So you're liking this whole "Rock Star" thing...
    Always have. Last night was a bit more than normal though.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

That is one of the nice things about ownership.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    That is one of the nice things about ownership.
    I have had mine a little over 3 weeks now, the dealer had prepared me for this interest from others. Must admit I kinda thought sure maybe once or twice but hey they have been around for 4 years now? The dealer said to me you will be fine you like to talk............boy the people that walk up to you and want to know all about it are everywhere?

"Rock Star" treatment for sure................
    2011 RTS SM5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yesterday I took Spyder to my local hobby store to get some CF blades for my RC helicopter (450 Trex) and ended up with all the sales staff outside ogling the machine...took me near an hour to get back on the road....the store got four enquiries for RC Spyders from local younglings.
    Even after a year of ownership the questions keep on coming....gotta luvitt.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Living the dream

Yesterday, before heading to the hospital for surgery, I decided it best to go grocery shopping & stocking up since I wouldn't be able to ryde for a few days. Teddy always draws attention just about wherever we go & our shopping trip was no different, but we had an elderly gentleman follow us out of the store and into the parking lot. He just stood about 2 cars away, watching for about 5 minutes as I loaded our 8 bags of groceries into Teds Red Sled. Once I finished loading, I proceded to gear The Tedster up, strap him in & get his Doggles adjusted. Just then, the elderly gentleman watched as person after person came over to ask if it was ok to take pics, which Teddy readily posed for. Once the crowd disipated, he walked over to us with a large smile on his face and he said to me, "You know, that right there is what dreams are made of." To which I could only agree

Spyder Garage

It's so weird. I've been a geek all my life... Now I actually know what it feels like to be popular.

Spyder Garage

I love that No matter where I ride ,people r pointing and breaking their necks to look at it. No one has really talked to me,except some kids at an ice cream shop, that wanted to know " How fast is that? How much does it cost? R u rich?...LMAO.

Spyder Garage

i pulled up and parked my red 2011 rts, next to a 2001 Jaguar red convertible. the guy said Hey nice ride, i responded likewise, then said you want to trade? he said No, ( thank the Lord, the convertable is only worth $15,000)

Spyder Garage

I've experinced a lot of what has already been mentioned but the most memerable was shortly after getting my Orbital Blue RT we had to turn in our truck for service so I followed my wife on the Rt to the Nissan dealership about a hundred miles away. The entire Nissan sells staff had to come out and check out the Syder. After showing all it had to offer one of the salesmen made the statement that it is Nissan quality to which I stated that may be but this baby is North American Made.
    Ray
    "Instead of arriving in Heaven in a nice well perserved body I'd rather slide in feet first, all beat up, loudly proclaiming thank you Jesus for a great ride!"

zrc

My spyder experience is as follows:

Me on the spyder alone: Other bikers talk to me about it mostly.
    Me and Moxi on the spyder: Ladies talk to me about moxi and sometimes the spyder
    Me and Sonja on the spyder: every man / boy stops in traffic if necessary to look at sonja then walk over and ask her about HER bike. Meanwhile they act like I am not even there. Its quite impressive.

After seeing some of Randy's posts, I think its like Holly's helmet. (As if that is why the guys come over and talk to her)

dragon.jpg Me and her at the dragon, she was saying "oh look a guy with a camera"
    Last edited by zrc; 04-18-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

All the attentions that you get is just something you learn to "put up" with. All the kids at church just used to think that we were "geezers" but now we are the COOL GEEZERS!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    It's so weird. I've been a geek all my life... Now I actually know what it feels like to be popular.

zrc

GEEKS 4 LIFE!!!!

I <3 being a geek.

Spyder Garage

My dealer warned me about the attention as well...I thought ya here in Canada because there are not that many around every where you go you get all kinds of people asking questions even other bikers. But what really took me off guard was last summer we took a trip down to San Francisco...our friends on there Harley Davidson road glide ultra which in its own rite is a beautiful bike, orange lots of powder coating gloss black matte black and just enough chrome to set it off. Then there is my Rt limited pearl white, well every fuel stop turned into an info session lol people were walking right past my friends bike and straight over to ours I could not belive the response this bike got. I thought that in the states they would be more popular because you guys have a longer riding season well most states anyway but it was crazy how many people would come over and talk. It made for a nice break every stop
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    My dealer warned me about the attention as well...I thought ya here in Canada because there are not that many around every where you go you get all kinds of people asking questions even other bikers. But what really took me off guard was last summer we took a trip down to San Francisco...our friends on there Harley Davidson road glide ultra which in its own rite is a beautiful bike, orange lots of powder coating gloss black matte black and just enough chrome to set it off. Then there is my Rt limited pearl white, well every fuel stop turned into an info session lol people were walking right past my friends bike and straight over to ours I could not belive the response this bike got. I thought that in the states they would be more popular because you guys have a longer riding season well most states anyway but it was crazy how many people would come over and talk. It made for a nice break every stop
    I have mentioned it on the forum in the past but gotta say it again, the best one I have gotten to date was a motorcycle cop on a Harley across the intersection from me giving me hard looks and when the light changed he gave a low side wave as if he didn't want anyone to see him wave. I waved back with a big grin and a head nod.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

I had one the other day where the Harley rider couldn't seem to decide whether or not to wave. His hand would come up an inch, then back down then up a little more then back down.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

since pete from "powersportswrap" has made my wrap and then winning a motorcycle/car show i placed an order for a rubberstamp with my name on it so i wouldn't get carpal tunnel from signing all those autographs.. i'm really lovin my even more.guest it kinda shows i like to show off huh.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Maybe i look like a grumpy sob...Or it could be theres a dealer 15 min from my house, but I have NEVER had someone come up to me and ask about the spyder...A few times when gettin gas, the person next to me asked a Q or two..but thats it.

Spyder Garage

What do you expect from New Yorker's ...

I have also experienced all of the above, but the one I enjoy the most, and I make it a point to respond back to them are the kids reactions. If I would of saw one of those as a kid, I would have gone crazy over it. Spreading the Spyder fever where ever I can