Spyder Garage

Default Auxiliary Switch

Is there a way you can turn on your radio or Ipod, without draining your battery or at least use minimal power ?
    Me & My Babycakes

Spyder Garage

You can leave the radio/iPod on after the Spyder is shut off by holding down the "MODE" button (I think) while switching off the ignition. It will run down the battery, though, and the only way to turn it off is to start and shut off the Spyder normally again.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You can leave the radio/iPod on after the Spyder is shut off by holding down the "MODE" button (I think) while switching off the ignition. It will run down the battery, though, and the only way to turn it off is to start and shut off the Spyder normally again.
    Motorbike Professor...............I think you are more like the "Rain Man" of motorcycles! Seriously how in the heck do you remember all this stuff?

This forum is very lucky to have several members with incredible knowledge, now a days companies charge for this kind of technical support, thanks to all for the freebies!
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    Motorbike Professor...............I think you are more like the "Rain Man" of motorcycles! Seriously how in the heck do you remember all this stuff?

This forum is very lucky to have several members with incredible knowledge, now a days companies charge for this kind of technical support, thanks to all for the freebies!

+100 Thanks to all the Techies out there.
    Happy Owner

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After you turn the switch off just hold the mode button and the radio will come on. I think you have like 20 sec. after turning key off to do it. it would like be the ACC on a car.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

After using the mode button to turn the music back on, pressing the emergency flasher button on/off will shut the radio off. No need to turn the ignition on/off.
    Last edited by Rando; 04-17-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    After using the mode button to turn the music back on, pressing the emergency flasher button on/off will shut the radio off. No need to turn the ignition on/off.
    Interesting wrinkle. Thanks, Randy!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I'm glad someone asked that question, and thanks for the very informative answers guys!! SL is THE place for answers.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Mode button and Radio System - Spyder RT

Ref - Keeping the Radio on using the Mode button

Is it only for the 2011 & 2012 Models - I have a 2010 Spyder RT - S SE5 Model and if I use the Mode button whilst
    switching off - The Radio will only stay on for about 20 Secs then it switches off

Also I select Region B for radio channels UK - But if I use the Aux facility the radio will reset back to Region A USA & Canada, When I next switch the back Spyder on.

Anyone know if the latest Radio being fitted to 2012 models allows you to select any frequency as a manual
    operation as opposed to the pre-set ones e.g. I want to set a frequency to 107.00 fm but the nearest is 106.90 which will not work

Could a dealer make any adjustment in the BUDS system to the Radio software

Thanks

Eddie Sheppard