Spyder Garage

Default Can anyone recommend a Central FL - Orlando area dealer?

I just have become interested in the Spyder and was wondering if any fellow member can recommend a dealer in the Orlando area that they have had great dealings with before and after the sale for service. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not in Orlando but close: West Coast PowerSports, Clearwater, FL.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll give a second to West Coast Powersports. Great service department and a nice waiting room, with AC if you are going to hang around and wait.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer

Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee. Very pro Spyderlovers. I traveled over 150 miles to buy from them. Good sales and service.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee. Very pro Spyderlovers. I traveled over 150 miles to buy from them. Good sales and service.
    That's where I was yesterday getting my 1st hand look and education on the Spyder. Seemed like good folks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    I would agree with Central Florida Powersports. I traveled 500 miles to purchase from them and then 500 miles back home.

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Not in Orlando but close: West Coast PowerSports, Clearwater, FL.
    This is good info. We are moving to FL in May south of Tampa and was wondering about the same thing. Looks like West Coast PowerSports will be my best choice. Thanks.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    This is good info. We are moving to FL in May south of Tampa and was wondering about the same thing. Looks like West Coast PowerSports will be my best choice. Thanks.
    Welcome to Florida, nice to see other SpyderLovers around here...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Central Florida PowerSports in Kissimmee. Wife an I travel over 1000 mile to buy from this dealer. Got a great deal, great people there. WE bought the Spyder in late Feb. An already for a 3000 mile service. We trailer the Spyder home do to weather in upper states but if we could of, we might be on are 6000 sevice! No problem so for loving every minute on the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Welcome to Florida, nice to see other SpyderLovers around here...
    Really looking forward to all year riding. We won't need to put our Spyder into winter hibernation anymore.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I'm just now seeing this thread. I recommend Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida. They have been nothing short of excellent to me. I give them an A + rating.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I'm just now seeing this thread. I recommend Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida. They have been nothing short of excellent to me. I give them an A + rating.

Chris
    I haven't made it up there, yet to check them out as I am in South Orlando near Universal Studios. CFPS in Kissimmee or Seminole will be the choices when I buy but it will depend on who has the best Service techs because as I read up on more and more here, the Service dept plays a big part in owning one of these.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post

Hi, this will be my first post, but I wanted to add my thoughts. I purchased my RT in Dec from WestCoast PowerSports. Hey, I would be very happy with any service they offer, but I live south of Tampa also which is over one hour to Clearwater, so if i needed service it would be a long drive. I tried Barney's of Brandon, Fla, which is twenty mins away from me. I'm very happy with service and service tech. I got my 600 miles service tune up from them and they found my MULTI-FUNCTION GAUGE CLUSTER took to long to shut down and replaced it as a warrant item. I would highly recommend Barney's since they are so much closer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
    I haven't made it up there, yet to check them out as I am in South Orlando near Universal Studios. CFPS in Kissimmee or Seminole will be the choices when I buy but it will depend on who has the best Service techs because as I read up on more and more here, the Service dept plays a big part in owning one of these.
    Smart move. Ask for either Greg or Jason. Tell them Chris Ray recommended.

Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Barney's has our vote

We bought from Kissemee but had numerous service problems. When we bought the bike they over filled the oil and we had a heck of a time just riding it home. Called them and brought it back and they sort of gave us a hard time about the oil level. The too high oil level caused the RT to stall repeatedly and they blamed us until they looked at the oil levels. Bad predelivery set up. Had a CB problem and they just handled it very poorly. Every time we had them service the bike it had missing bolts or push pins. Look for a Gold or Platimun dealer. Those dealers get a better warranty labor rates from BRP as well better reimbursement for warranty parts. When I spoke to BRP about my problems, they said to find another dealer. That tells me a lot about the service issues. Your experience may be different but after 3 times and each a problem, never again!

Spyder Garage

West Coast Powersports - Clearwater

Central Florida Powersports - Kissimee

Goodluck
    BIOSAB

Spyder Garage

Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee sells more Spyders than anyone else in the nation. West Coast Powersports has the best Service Dept I've found anywhere and as far as best prices on a Spyder, if you don't mind traveling, Big One Powersports, Birmingham AL, gave me the best price I could find on a Spyder anywhere nationwide. That was in 2010 but saving thousands made great sense/cents to me and the Motorcycle Museum there made for a nice layover!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

West Coast Powersports.....we ryde 125 miles from Ocala to let them service our spyder there ( Don't even ask why we don't get it done at the dealer in Ocala, children sometimes read these posts!!!)
    West Coast and Ben have always treated us like family and always do the job right the first time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Echap414 View Post
    Hi, this will be my first post, but I wanted to add my thoughts. I purchased my RT in Dec from WestCoast PowerSports. Hey, I would be very happy with any service they offer, but I live south of Tampa also which is over one hour to Clearwater, so if i needed service it would be a long drive. I tried Barney's of Brandon, Fla, which is twenty mins away from me. I'm very happy with service and service tech. I got my 600 miles service tune up from them and they found my MULTI-FUNCTION GAUGE CLUSTER took to long to shut down and replaced it as a warrant item. I would highly recommend Barney's since they are so much closer.
    I'll check them out. I am only 20 minutes from Brandon.
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

You might also want to try Route 1 Motorsports on U.S. 1 just south of Palm Bay on the space coast. That's where I have my service work done.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Talking A survey ? "Can anyone recommend a Central FL - Orlando area dealer?"

Just a thought. It might prove interesting, informative, and 'put the squeeze' for better quality from the dealers in the area, if there were some sort survey that could be compiled, as to the likes and dislikes of the various dealers. I don't know how it could be set up, but from a dealer point of view, I site like this, (which the dealers monitor) would definitely be an eye catcher and perhaps they might perform accordingly