RR Springfield (1 mile South of Cantrall) Illinois
    Spyder Garage

Cool GPS Install Question on Garmin 665 Connection To 2010 RT

I've got a 2010 RT #530 and am trying to install a Garmin 665. Where the RT's 710002192 harness cable connects to the RT's audio harness cable, it seems to be of different sizes, different shapes, etc. The second picture should be the connect on the RT, the first picture is of the 710002192 harness cable with the rubber inserts to protect from dirt and dust. The third picture shows that they are both female connections. Also notice that there is no way they can connect, no matter what law is in effect. I have a CB, which was installed by my dealer, that is connected and works if that makes any difference. I've searched the whole area back in there and there doesn't seem to be any other connectors pushed back there... Any help will be greatly appreciated....
    Thanks
    Ed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HntngTrout; 04-15-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: get picture order correct

Without Trailer
    With Trailer

RR Springfield (1 mile South of Cantrall) Illinois
    Spyder Garage

Default False Alarm....

Quote Originally Posted by HntngTrout View Post
    I've got a 2010 RT #530 and am trying to install a Garmin 665. Where the RT's 710002192 harness cable connects to the RT's audio harness cable, it seems to be of different sizes, different shapes, etc. The second picture should be the connect on the RT, the first picture is of the 710002192 harness cable with the rubber inserts to protect from dirt and dust. The third picture shows that they are both female connections. Also notice that there is no way they can connect, no matter what law is in effect. I have a CB, which was installed by my dealer, that is connected and works if that makes any difference. I've searched the whole area back in there and there doesn't seem to be any other connectors pushed back there... Any help will be greatly appreciated....
    Thanks
    Ed...
    Who would have though that they'd put a dummy plug on to the connector on the RT. If you press the little clip underneath the plug in picture 2, which you can't see and can hardly feel, you'll find out that you can pull it off and sure enough, your new 710002192 will plug into the connector. Problem resolved....
    Younger eyes also helps a bunch I guess....

Without Trailer
    With Trailer