Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He was apologetic over the delay in completing the initial repairs; but pretty much stood fast with his viewpoint that he had to take care of his snowmobile customers also... Frustrating; but even I have to now admit that he probably had a valid reason for...
    This one he offered up without any reservations or hesitations...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like he's trying....I'd be inclined to give him a break too. FWIW Bob, I'd say you're handling it just right. Good on ya!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

With how long your Spyder was in the shop, there is absolutely zero excuse for a screw up like this. Should never have been there that long to begin with. Snow mobilers are paying customers, but gosh darn it, you are too. Things should have been repaired in the order they came in.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At this point I can't worry about the 140 days.. It just gives me gas..
    I'm more interested in what he'll do to compensate me for the repairs. he said that "He'd do whatever it took to make it right.." The proof of this pie will be in the eating I guess... You guys will know as soon as I do!

Spyder Garage

I'd beat the dead horse and hang it over his head. 140 days plenty of time to notice something like that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

People make mistakes, but I'm not particularly forgiving of incompetence. Especially after what you went through just getting your Spyder fixed the first time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe I just try to not lose too much sleep over stuff that in the end, is just "stuff"...

My Missus tells me that I'll never suffer from stress, but i am one powerful carrier of it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Maybe I just try to not lose too much sleep over stuff that in the end, is just "stuff"...
    I try and have "fun" outside of my work as much as possible. I bought my Spyder (mucho buck investment) as a "stress reliever" of sort, others I understand it is their daily driver. I also appreciate others views as frustration can drive you nuts when you perceive others don't care.

Lot of stress and anger in todays world, so I try my best not to contribute to it? Good Luck hope they look after you.....
    2011 RTS SM5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Stress is the confusion that arises when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the living of of some hole who desperately needs it..."

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear Bob as I just found out.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron,
    I think that things are looking up... I'll keep you in the loop with it!
    Time will tell for sure!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had several conversations with the owner; he has called me. he's very concerned and wants to make sure that the bike is properly fixed. I believe that one part; albeit a kind of important part, doesn't have to be a millstone tied around his neck.
    Short story; I'd go back to his shop!
    Besides, I've probably made more mistakes each day of my life than most folks make in a year... so i don't want to be the one throwing stones!

Spyder Garage

I've had several conversations with the owner; he has called me. he's very concerned and wants to make sure that the bike is properly fixed. I believe that one part; albeit a kind of important part, doesn't have to be a millstone tied around his neck.
    Besides, I've probably made more mistakes each day of my life than most folks make in a year... so i don't want to be the one throwing stones!
    I sincerely hope your mistakes don't have the potential to kill or injure otherwise you / they should not be in that
    profession (take Spyder out of the equation and substitute DOCTOR, TAKE OUT BUSHING and substitute knee joint replacement.

I am ,however, glad it has been resolved to your satisfaction and the dealer has had the opportunity to do the right thing

Just my 2€
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

Just because the owner is a nice and wants to make it right it doesn't mean the mechanic is competent or qualified to repair your machine. Did the new shop check out your iPod harness? Or did you get the iPod connection working?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They're going to take a peek at that while they're also digging into the throttle body issue... The P1614 messages just keep on a-coming!

Spyder Garage

Each day I am amazed at how well you handle this situation and how you are willing to go the extra mile with giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt. I got all upset when I was going to have to wait three or four days to get a new drive belt ordered and put on. Turned out, the dealer got it fixed within 24 hours--since he had a spare belt at home.

I try not to sweat items over which I have no control--what happens, happens. It usually works different over issues like you are having though. You are to be complimented.

Update on mine: after a 5 mile, painful drive home from the dealer, I still have not been able to get out and ride yet. My joint issues were acting up all weekend, and akspyderlady and myself did not venture out for a ride. I am going to try riding the spyder this PM when I get home from work. Will let you know what transpires.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well here's to hoping that you'll be able to start feeling better once you're able to log some quality "Seat-time" with AkSpyderlady...

Spyder Garage

I've come late into this, Bob, I've been visiting my brother who has had a hard time with infection following a knee joint replacement. I've watched your video and you're right, it's a shocking thing to watch a front wheel move about like that.

Some have sung your praises for being so restrained and I agree. Who was it who said the meek shall inherit the Earth? You have the kinda attitude that gets things put to rights, but maybe at a different dealership in future...

Glad you're OK, Bob.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    I've come late into this, Bob, I've been visiting my brother who has had a hard time with infection following a knee joint replacement.
    Glad you're OK, Bob.
    I'm just hoping that your brother is okay! Post-surgical infections can become a real big deal in a real big hurry!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay... The parts are in and the bike is at the shop... and it's gonna rain for about five days...
    They're even going to take care of the throttle body issues while they've got the bike in there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay... The parts are in and the bike is at the shop... and it's gonna rain for about five days...
    They're even going to take care of the throttle body issues while they've got the bike in there.
    Well if it is going to rain for 5 days that should mean it will be ready tomorrow.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I almost hope not!

Spyder Garage

Maybe things are finally headed your way Bob....even if it took 5 days of rain to do it!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Spyder Garage

I'm just hoping that your brother is okay! Post-surgical infections can become a real big deal in a real big hurry!
    Thanks, Bob. He's just had the all-clear from his surgeon so we're all relieved at that. Now begins the long process of exercising to get some deflection (movement) in the joint which he says feels as stiff as a plank. I joked with him that if the infection hadn't been cured he might have been feeling stiff all over!

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.