Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

holy crap dealers suck when i picked mine 2012 from the dealer drove it home went for a sticker the next day and failed no turn signal so i called the dealer and bitched them out if you cant even make sure the lights work how do i know everything else is safe so needeless for me to safe i got the manuel hand had them send me over i P.D.I. sheet that's a pre delivery inspection form and found a few other things they missed so you know what the dealers said to me i will give you a good deal on your first service LMFAO i told him sure so you can have the same guy work on it no thanks will do my Owen

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry, but a little punctuation will go a long way...
    Your turnsignals didn't work, and that caused the bike to fail a safety inspection??? Yeah; i'd be pretty ticked off about that one.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

In Jersey turn signals are optional, No one knows how to use them
    When you do use them it's like your asking permission to move over, and Very few drivers will give you permission they'll just pick up speed and close up the space.

Spyder Garage

The question I am asking is Doesn't the dealer do safety inspections? Up here in Maine if the dealer doesn't do inspections he has it done before you drive it off the lot. Without sticker you are in violation unless you go to State Police and get a transfer permit (for a fee of course). to go to inspection station. ???

Spyder Garage

I'm sure glad we don't have inspections in Michigan!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe I'm too much of a sheep or I've drinked (Drank, drunked... whatever ) too much of the Kool-aid; but I'd just as soon know that everybody's got to meet at least some sort of minimum standard for their equipment...
    Of course none of this works worth a if the inspection station isn't doing what they're being paid to do...

Spyder Garage

Default Preride inspection ?

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    holy crap dealers suck when i picked mine 2012 from the dealer drove it home went for a sticker the next day and failed no turn signal so i called the dealer and bitched them out if you cant even make sure the lights work how do i know everything else is safe so needeless for me to safe i got the manuel hand had them send me over i P.D.I. sheet that's a pre delivery inspection form and found a few other things they missed so you know what the dealers said to me i will give you a good deal on your first service LMFAO i told him sure so you can have the same guy work on it no thanks will do my Owen
    Did you do your pre-ride safety inspection prior to ride ?
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good point! Sometimes we just take it for granted that all of this technology will always be there... And then we get so surprised when it fails!
    But this one is really sounding more like a dealership issue... It should have been caught and corrected before that bike got near an open door for delivery!