Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT windshield hall sensor issue

Dear Forum members, i have just joined this forum from China, where a few of these spidery beasts are finding its way these days!

The Windshield design flaw is a known issue, and mine here snapped just the same, got it welded, and then i noticed that the motor that controlls the windshield doesnt stop when the bar reaches the end stop.

I was surprised, but quickly learned that the control unit there has a hall sensor, and i suspect, more than just one also, by the amount of pins that connect to the bottom plane of the windshield motor unit.

I have ordered a new magnet, that comes at the end of the axle that the worm wheel of the motor drives, as my magnet had broken while repairing the broken shaft.

is there some one that knows a fix for this? should i try to get a new shaft+sprocket assembly? or the whole thing? ( shaft/sprocket/motor/bottom plane with hall sensors )

I'd appreciate the help! as it is hard to come-by over here!

Greetings from Xiamen Fujian China

Arjen

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEWBIE

Welcome to the world of Spyders...Mike...

Spyder Garage

Wow, I'm glad you found us! Sorry I can't help, but wanted to greet you.

God bless you in China!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in China

Just returned from China last week, was in Wuhan, Huizhou, Panyu, Guangdong, Guanzhou and of course Shenzhen. I am surprised that you can even license the spyder there. When I worked in Shenzhen from 2006 to 2010 the biggest bike I could get was a 125cc. Only the police had 250's. Can't be much help on the windshield, I have a 2011 RTS. I have been to the dealer many times with complaints about the vibration. They tell me not much can be done until the arm breaks and then they will be authorized to repair/replace. Often though about riding the spyder and enjoying the countryside. Traffic is getting worse there all the time. Over 2 million cars in Shenzhen now. That is double the number just 2 years ago. At least now more drivers are using turn signals and relying less on the horn. Enjoy the spyder there, I am sure it draws lots of attention.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    Just returned from China last week, was in Wuhan, Huizhou, Panyu, Guangdong, Guanzhou and of course Shenzhen. I am surprised that you can even license the spyder there. When I worked in Shenzhen from 2006 to 2010 the biggest bike I could get was a 125cc. Only the police had 250's. Can't be much help on the windshield, I have a 2011 RTS. I have been to the dealer many times with complaints about the vibration. They tell me not much can be done until the arm breaks and then they will be authorized to repair/replace. Often though about riding the spyder and enjoying the countryside. Traffic is getting worse there all the time. Over 2 million cars in Shenzhen now. That is double the number just 2 years ago. At least now more drivers are using turn signals and relying less on the horn. Enjoy the spyder there, I am sure it draws lots of attention.

Hey Guy's! Thanks for the warm welcome! Excellent!

Its a real Eye catcher here, in the Village where i drive it, in the Fujian province, and, Euh, yeah, no license plate... but since im driving with my buddies here including the local head of police, i think its not going to be an issue..

Anyways, i hope i can get some kind of fix for it, getting parts here is the issue.

Greetz from China!

Arjen

Spyder Garage

BRP does not offer the individual components separately...only the entire motor/arm/sensor assembly.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the family, would love to get to China some time in my life.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the group. Afraid I can't help you regarding the mechanical problem, but here is a dealer in the USA that sells parts for the Can Am. You might email them and see if they can/will ship to China.

http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_select.asp

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    mmcc, there is a fix for the vibration on the windshield on the 2012 they got rid of the pins and used barrel bolts i had this done to mine when i had my first oil change done i saw the change so i grabbed hold of the sheild and shook it feriously no play i went to the service mgr said i'd like this done to mine they had to get a hold of brp had them pull them from the mfr line now when i het a bump theres no rattle in the sheild i think this will prevent any damage to the supports from cracking.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Default windshield vibration

Thanks for the info. Will be seeing the dealer in MN in 2 weeks again. Will bring this to their attention and hopefully get the pins replaced. Mike