Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Default 3000 Mile RT Service question

Does the Right Side panel need to come off on the 3000 mile service?
    I ask as I don't think mine was removed, which is fine if it did not have to come off for the service.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

Default right side panel

Mine came off to find the source of a leak - the water pump oil seal. MX schedule says to "I"
    the coolant. To get a good look, you'd probably want to take the right side off and look for oil leaks and a general looksee also. IMHO.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

While I advocate taking off all the panels at each service interval, just to carefully inspect things and tighten fasteners, there is no task in the 3,000 mile service that would require it. The coolant level can be checked without removing the right side panels. It isn't as simple, but it can be done. The BUDS hookup does not require outer body panel removal.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I had my spyder in for service today and I could tell within minutes that the tech had to remove a panel while doing the maintenace. He came out and asked me how to remove the panel with the Baker Air Wings attached to it.

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Default Right panel

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    This question is asked in the spirit of only pure nosiness.

How can you tell if the the right side panel was removed by your dealer?
    Well, I guess you could ask or maybe leave a screw loose and see if it's tightened. Sometimes, big greasy finger prints are a clue. No real reason to be timid - asking them would make sense to me. If I diodn't trust them, I'd go somewhere else
    Tuck

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    This question is asked in the spirit of only pure nosiness.

How can you tell if the the right side panel was removed by your dealer?
    I had removed panels awhile back and forget to get one of the tabs tucked behind the panels. Instead of fixing, I was going to wait until I HAD to remove that side again. After taking in for 3000 mile service, it was still out. So either they did not remove or technician forgot to put back correctly. I was going to bring back and complain if they were supposed to remove for the service. Since it is apparent they are NOT required to remove, I will just fix next time I find time to redo.

Thanks for all the responses.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.