Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default a new RT built specially for Women ????

(if ?) there is a plan to bring out next year a Lady-Spyder-RT Modell it would be intresting what´s the different to the basic ...
    any Ideas ???
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Shewhoprays's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool

There are are a lot of variables with women. As we age our joints don't always respond the way we would like. I would like to see some creature features. Softer grips, better seat that is more suited for hose with bad hips , position the legs a bit differently so the legs don't bend back when ryding. Th knees should be at a 90 degree angle. Just a few of my thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Blazing PINK
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but I think that's a bit chauvinistic to think that women would need to have a 'special' Spyder made just for us. The only thing different that I can honestly say I would like to see is more pullback on the handlebars since women tend to have shorter arms than men. Other than that, any other type of comfort need can be done with mods - just as many men have done. I don't see the Spyder as a male or female vehicle and I think that's the beauty and appeal of it. It applies to ALL demographics.
    I'm sure you had good intentions with your comment, but to think that a motorcycle can/should be built for men/women is sexist. I can't speak for every woman, but I'm sure many will agree that as a young girl we were told that motorcycles are for boys, or that we can't handle a motorcycle, etc., when the only qualification for a boy to be encouraged to ride is to have external genitalia.
    Spyders were built for everyone to ride, young, old, female, and even male.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    (if ?) there is a plan to bring out next year a Lady-Spyder-RT Modell it would be intresting what´s the different to the basic ...
    any Ideas ???
    Wow... you're going to start something with this kind of thread.

IIMO it would be a pretty stupid marketing move in this day and age.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

on the russian BRP side they offer a Modell like this ?!? .. just wanted to know how it looks like
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I'd be happy with a choice of handlebars or at least some decent risers for the RT.. I don't need to have everything remade in pink, just give me functionality!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    Sorry, but I think that's a bit chauvinistic to think that women would need to have a 'special' Spyder made just for us. The only thing different that I can honestly say I would like to see is more pullback on the handlebars since women tend to have shorter arms than men. Other than that, any other type of comfort need can be done with mods - just as many men have done. I don't see the Spyder as a male or female vehicle and I think that's the beauty and appeal of it. It applies to ALL demographics.
    I'm sure you had good intentions with your comment, but to think that a motorcycle can/should be built for men/women is sexist. I can't speak for every woman, but I'm sure many will agree that as a young girl we were told that motorcycles are for boys, or that we can't handle a motorcycle, etc., when the only qualification for a boy to be encouraged to ride is to have external genitalia.
    100%!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Blazing PINK
    maybe just a little pink
    resize spyder graphic2.jpg

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

My thought for a "woman only" design, would be modified so the ladies could ride "Side Saddle".

Spyder Garage

When Ford brought out the Winstar it was built for women drivers.Ford sent out questionairs to women drivers to see what they would like to see in a minyvan and the Winstar was based on the surveys

Spyder Garage

Didn't Harley make a sportster geared toward women, lower, different leg position. I don't think it's chauvinistic, I think its a business move that plenty of companies do. And yes most of the changes could be done in mods but if your like me after pay 30,000.00 for the bike I can't afford the mods I would like to do. I say more power to them if they can build something specialized for us ladies! They may reach a larger market and perhaps there would be more women ryders.
    2011 RT Limited
    Life is Good

Registered Users tamijacobs1963's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Grips

I would love for the grips to be a bit smaller so my hands fit better. My hands tend to cramp trying to keep them around such a large diameter. That being said, I haven't fallen off yet even though some of my take offs can be...shall I say... a bit like a rocket? And I wouldn't change that for the life of me! LOL
    Nothing about it keeps me from riding it as is, but I'd sure stay on it longer if..............
    You only have one life to live, make the most of it.

Spyder Garage

What's wrong with having a Spyder to be designed for special needs of a woman? Don't they still make bicycles with special designs for women? I see nothing chauvinistic about the idea. If a scientific survey were done, I am sure that the results would be more than positive. If a woman feels let down about the idea, don't buy one.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by camper1 View Post
    I'd be happy with a choice of handlebars or at least some decent risers for the RT.. I don't need to have everything remade in pink, just give me functionality!!
    Agree the only thing I need is handlebars that I can have closer to me. Other than that I have done the mods I need to fit my fun size!!

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Agree the only thing I need is handlebars that I can have closer to me. Other than that I have done the mods I need to fit my fun size!!
    I wonder if the installation of the Kewlmetal adjustable risers would help you.....?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tamijacobs1963 View Post
    I would love for the grips to be a bit smaller so my hands fit better. My hands tend to cramp trying to keep them around such a large diameter. That being said, I haven't fallen off yet even though some of my take offs can be...shall I say... a bit like a rocket? And I wouldn't change that for the life of me! LOL
    Nothing about it keeps me from riding it as is, but I'd sure stay on it longer if..............
    I have small hands and I agree. The crotch rockets and off road bikes have smaller grips (for 2 different reasons having nothing to do with hand size).

There is a great deal of variety in these grips (colors, shapes). You might want to check them out.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

vive la différence
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    Agreed.
    Not only that, but it would be a poor business decision. Any item with that narrow of a customer base would die quickly.

Spyder Garage

http://www.helibars.com/ check these guys for ajustable bars

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhoprays View Post
    There are are a lot of variables with women. As we age our joints don't always respond the way we would like. I would like to see some creature features. Softer grips, better seat that is more suited for hose with bad hips , position the legs a bit differently so the legs don't bend back when ryding. Th knees should be at a 90 degree angle. Just a few of my thoughts.
    This is exactly what Bruiser's problems are. He has problems with his legs from 20 years walking the flight line in the Air Force, and another 23 years working on industrial equipment. I do agree that the grips could be a bit smaller, but that should be an easy fix. There are so many mods that if a woman wanted to make her bike more personal, then she could do it. I really don't think a Spyder built just for women is necessary.

Spyder Garage

They could just put out a special line of accessories geared towards a female . Make all the packaging pink !

Do you know how many people say that the spyder is for woman anyways . A lot of hard core bikers say its a girls machine . Most men put their wife on a spyder . None of this makes it a girls machine .. You make the machine what it is .

There is no need to make a girls spyder , just make the accessories to help it fit a woman better .
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Default Pink???

Quote Originally Posted by Dwanton View Post
    They could just put out a special line of accessories geared towards a female . Make all the packaging pink !

Do you know how many people say that the spyder is for woman anyways . A lot of hard core bikers say its a girls machine . Most men put their wife on a spyder . None of this makes it a girls machine .. You make the machine what it is .

There is no need to make a girls spyder , just make the accessories to help it fit a woman better .

I'm not a pink person, but I do think some accessories for a female would be good. My feelings about these hard-core bikers is (not all, just the ones who feel the need to make comments) - they have such low self-esteem that they think their bike makes them 'more manly'. It's a personal decision what you want to ryde, and always have to remember that your bike should fit your wants and needs.

By the way, where in South Jersey??? I have family and friends in Mantua, Glassboro, and Pitman.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post

By the way, where in South Jersey??? I have family and friends in Mantua, Glassboro, and Pitman.
    I only meant pink packaging so the parts would stand out to be special for the female customer . Not pink parts !

I am just outside of Vineland and Millville .

By the way - Congradulations on your new RTS
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dwanton View Post
    I only meant pink packaging so the parts would stand out to be special for the female customer . Not pink parts !

I am just outside of Vineland and Millville .

By the way - Congradulations on your new RTS

Thanks! It's good to see Bruiser on three instead of two, even though he handled the two really well!! Pink packaging would be okay!! My brother used to pastor the United Methodist Church in Millville, so I know the area fairly well.