Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default dikicep9

Bought my Viper Red RT-S SE5 almost 4 weeks ago now and have put almost 1,000 miles on it to date! Had my first service (612 miles) 1.5 weeks ago. My RT-S sits beautifully and arm reach is wonderful. I never get fatigued. Demo-ed the RS-S SE5 and liked it, but there was a real stretch on the handle bars since I'm only 5 ft. tall and shrinking every day. I had to sit waaaaay up close to the front of the bike to be able to reach the handle bars, but still a thrilling ride although I had to hang on real tight in the curves. I didn't stop to consider the RT-S until my husband made an observation about the seat position and handle bars and the fact it has all kinds of cargo carrying space and a great audio system along with cruise control. Considering I'm almost 60, that really appealed to me, so I climbed up there on that RT-S and it was immediate LOVE! Fit me perfectly like Can-Am made it just for me. No risers needed, no seat mods needed, no nothing but riding the thing off the parking lot. If you're short, I'd recommend you look at the RT-S and although it is more $$$, in the long run, it's worth it. And, a big thank you to my husband for his guidance and Bloke at Mountain Motor Sports in Conyers, GA for being so patient with me. It can take me a loooooong time to make a decision!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    Sorry, but I think that's a bit chauvinistic to think that women would need to have a 'special' Spyder made just for us. The only thing different that I can honestly say I would like to see is more pullback on the handlebars since women tend to have shorter arms than men. Other than that, any other type of comfort need can be done with mods - just as many men have done. I don't see the Spyder as a male or female vehicle and I think that's the beauty and appeal of it. It applies to ALL demographics.
    I'm sure you had good intentions with your comment, but to think that a motorcycle can/should be built for men/women is sexist. I can't speak for every woman, but I'm sure many will agree that as a young girl we were told that motorcycles are for boys, or that we can't handle a motorcycle, etc., when the only qualification for a boy to be encouraged to ride is to have external genitalia.
    Spyders were built for everyone to ride, young, old, female, and even male.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Being able to move those legs closer together wouldn't be a bad idea either for those that have hip issues!

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post
    This is exactly what Bruiser's problems are. He has problems with his legs from 20 years walking the flight line in the Air Force, and another 23 years working on industrial equipment. I do agree that the grips could be a bit smaller, but that should be an easy fix. There are so many mods that if a woman wanted to make her bike more personal, then she could do it. I really don't think a Spyder built just for women is necessary.