Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Cool Most of us (myself included) spend our lives searching for our purpose in lyfe

And just now, while watching "The Voice" the statement was made, "When your born to do something, you just know it." Very simple statement really, but it just hit me like a TON of BRICKS. Ive never felt I was "born" to do anything for the first 38 years of my lyfe. 2 years ago, Teddy & I got bitten by the Spyder & addiction was instant. Many of you have followed along on our adventures these past two years, but I don't think many (if any) truly understand the symbiotic relationship between myself, Teddy and his Spyder. Back in early 2010 when the RT first came to market, Teddy & I spent 6 hrs at my (now closed) local dealer trying to figure out the BEST way I could make this new machine suitable for Teddy and I for cross-country trips. Sitting on the Spyder, laying on it, sitting on the floor staring at it for hours, NOT JOKING! Luckily Teddy is so damn cute, or the sales staff wouldda called for a paddy wagon & straight jacket to take me away. Teddy charmed every customer that walked thru that door and he showed NO FEAR of the Spyder. Mind you, Ive NEVER ridden anything besides my 10speed as a kid and even tho the dealer knew I was serious, he still wouldn't let me take the RT for a test ryde. It didn't matter, I was already an addict get'n my visual fix. Now, here we are 2 years later & just about every time we go out for a ryde, we get stopped by disbelieving people full of smiles requesting the opportunity to pet the Awesome Spyder Ryde'n Pooch with the matching red mow-hawk & most asking if its ok to take a pic of the lil guy. I can't tell you how many people have told us, "Thank You, You Just Made My Day!" I will NEVER tire of hearing that & i don't know how I'm going to make this happen, but I truly believe, "THIS IS WHAT WE WERE 'BORN' TO DO"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Life is good

When ever any of us get to enjoy anything as much as you just stated, we should consider ourselves blessed!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Sounds like a winner to me!!! Sure hope you are feeling better so you can come for Spyderfest. We would REALLY REALLY miss you and Teddy. More folks ask about the lil guy I think than ask about what kind of spyder do you have , color etc. Gotta love it Teddy's just ONE OF A KIND!!! ( and the biggest ham going!!!) Sooooo how's your incision, cleaning up?? No more green?? Yellow? pink with purple pokeadots? Inquireing minds need to know AND I am just nosey!!!Let me know if you need help to get here. for ya.

Spyder Garage

Dave--- I'm blinking back wet eyes bro! How elegantly put my friend. Bringing hope and joy to others... How noble a cause. And you guys do it so well.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

It's because of you and Teddy, I have made accommodations on my Spyder RT for Stumpy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Dave--- I'm blinking back wet eyes bro! How elegantly put my friend. Bringing hope and joy to others... How noble a cause. And you guys do it so well.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Very well put.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enough of all this sentimental stuff... Let's dry our eyes and go RYDE!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paulf10 View Post
    Life is good
    imagesCA2VFJBX.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Enough of all this sentimental stuff... Let's dry our eyes and go RYDE!
    Yes SIR!!!

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy wants to see pics & so do I

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    It's because of you and Teddy, I have made accommodations on my Spyder RT for Stumpy.
    Teddy wants to see pics of Stumpy ryde'n Spyder Style

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Purpose? Love others as you love yourself...

Took me 55+ years to work on loving myself....thought I had the loving others down...but now know I cannot give out what I personally don't have....the journey to truly, 100% loving myself took a hell of a lot of work BUT it is sooooo awesomely wonderful....now we add my personal journey into Spyderhood...which would never have happend without the first journey to loving self....the other day when a fellow "ager lady" was saying I soooo want to do something like you are doing...I felt so sad for her...my advise was PLEASE PLEASE give yourself permission to live life to the fullest....then set about discovering what that is for you...
    Dave our first meeting at the smallest WalMart in the world (Cuba-Spyderfest 2011) was no one in a lifetime meet...you have become part of what makes me who/what I am...thanks for that and oh yea give your buddy a big love for me...
    Packing up and headed to Adirondacks today...gorgeous day in Spyder paradise....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just an awesome story .

I have 2 boxers and both are too big to bring along or I might have gotten an RT .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am there with you! after we purchased our last May 2011 I have never looked back! You, Lamont and a few others along with the Spyder Lovers Community were our deciding factor when it came time to place the order for our new addiction. It helped that our dealer was able to give me a test ride. All it took for my wife was sitting on the back of the spyder in the showroom and she was sold ! So now my time is split between riding every chance I get and playing golf (yes I did use that other DIRTY word).
    We have had a few very minor bumps along the way but each one has been addressed and fixed or answered by our spyder community or the dealer.

Tru-Blue
    Last edited by Tru-Blue; 05-22-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Karyl, as we go through lyfe, its rare to meet those that change us forever

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Took me 55+ years to work on loving myself....thought I had the loving others down...but now know I cannot give out what I personally don't have....the journey to truly, 100% loving myself took a hell of a lot of work BUT it is sooooo awesomely wonderful....now we add my personal journey into Spyderhood...which would never have happend without the first journey to loving self....the other day when a fellow "ager lady" was saying I soooo want to do something like you are doing...I felt so sad for her...my advise was PLEASE PLEASE give yourself permission to live life to the fullest....then set about discovering what that is for you...
    Dave our first meeting at the smallest WalMart in the world (Cuba-Spyderfest 2011) was no one in a lifetime meet...you have become part of what makes me who/what I am...thanks for that and oh yea give your buddy a big love for me...
    Packing up and headed to Adirondacks today...gorgeous day in Spyder paradise....
    Our chance meeting was one that Teddy & I will never forget my friend. You are truly an INSPIRATION to so many, Teddy & myself included. When we grow up (one of these days) we hope to be following in your footsteps discovering all that this GREAT COUNTRY has to offer, along with the love of ourselves, and all those that we come into contact with throughout our Great Travels of this land, just as you have and are experiencing yourself