Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I agree with mooneych, and I too have no affiliation with Colemans. The service there for me has always been very good (bikes, jet skis and ATVs), the communications is sometimes very spotty. I just talked with them today, after waiting three weeks for a cruise control module to come in from BRP. I've had my spyder the whole time. They have always worked with me, to let me keep the bike while they are waiting on parts, etc.

Of course riding around with gas fumes is never advised. Good luck

PS. They told me if I brought my bike in today, there are eight spyders in the que ahead of me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Mine's in the shop at Coleman Falls Church, dropped it off Saturday for the 6K service. I didn't even bother to ask how long they'd keep it, I knew it would be at least a week.

Of course, reading this thread inspired me to call them anyway ( OCD!!) and ask anyway.
    "It should be ready by the end of the week."
    See, and I *knew* not to bother!

Anyway, whatever, it doesn't upset me, but that's because I know nothing is wrong with my Spyder and I knew going in that they'd need a week to do literally anything on my bike, that's just how they are.

But if I was in Bytemi's position... no, I wouldn't put up with it.
    I could live with a week, I could live with the week and 1/2 originally promised. I was even OK when I hit the two week mark until I was told that "as you wait" Spyder would be don first. Heck I could have brought a sleeping bag, and stayed if it would have made the repair any faster.

Spyder Garage

Bytemi,

I do feel your pain. I've tried before to understand Colemans (Woodbridge) "first come, first serviced", "no service appointments", and "drive in and wait" policies for years with no success. I when I have asked in the past, It only gets me mad and them frustrated. I think the real problem is two-fold, only one qualified mechanic and BRPs support for a highly problematic product.

Again, hang in there and good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemi View Post
    I could live with a week, I could live with the week and 1/2 originally promised. I was even OK when I hit the two week mark until I was told that "as you wait" Spyder would be don first. Heck I could have brought a sleeping bag, and stayed if it would have made the repair any faster.
    That might just work especially if you come in to their waiting area and set up camp! When I first got my Spyder my husband was working out of state so I had no choice but to take mine in and wait for the work to be completed. They knew this ahead of time and scheduled me accordingly. If your dealer has 8 Spyders in for service it might be time for them to have a second mechanic certified to work on them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Time to search out another dealer, it sounds like...even if you have to travel 100 miles. Nothing teaches an arrogant dealer manners better than the loss of business. Be sure to tell the business owner, not his flunkies, why (after you get your Spyder back).
    I agree with all the comments for the most part.

After years of seeing quality service versus the other #!&^#$ up service I came to a conclusion a while ago. Service organizations compare themselves to their competitors.............so if the majority of shops suk, guess what the industry suks? If you tell this repair facility to "place it where the sun don't shine" you go find another repair facility right? Sadly the repair facility you just found has the same thing happen at that shop, peeved off customer goes to the shop you just left and walks in the door? They trade peeved off customers, net effect to the shop is zero.

The industry as a whole overall is plagued by this low end delivery and high cost of service. They know they will loose customers and they will gain customers. Just read a forum like this and see how many times someone will say "He's great" and then a couple posts below someone will say "He suks". The true shining star are the owners who say "I don't care about what my competitors do, I am doing it my way".

The answer...............get to know as much as you can about your vehicle and about what to do with it. In other words avoid the repair facilities as much as possible. I appreciate the Spyder is a "Made in Quebec" technological miracle but you can do a lot with a friends help and a service manual. If you have to use them document all problems as accurately as possible and unemotionally advise BRP of how you were treated by one of their repair facilities. At the end state...."I luv my Spyder and I hope this experience will not influence my decision when it comes time to purchase another one". "Sadly though these are the things I review when I am about to drop 25k on a vehicle". BRP have the most to loose and they have an ability to fix it, but will they?

Rant over..............best of luck!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    If you have to use them document all problems as accurately as possible and unemotionally advise BRP of how you were treated by one of their repair facilities.
    BRP does not own the dealership and BRP cannot control the dealer's pricing or their service policy or lack thereof, including wait times. It is not BRP's repair facility.

I also hope that the OP gets her spyder back soon.
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    BRP does not own the dealership and BRP cannot control the dealer's pricing or their service policy or lack thereof, including wait times. It is not BRP's repair facility.

Brp sets a parameter that the dealers and service departments must adhere to. Enough complaints about service will get you action.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I for one would like to see the exact part number that was back ordered/ordered from BRP.
    I also believe that if the bike was there waiting for parts, the parts came in, then the first bike should take priority over the new comers.
    If the husband coming in made a difference, I definately would find a different dealer. "Barefoot and PG" should have left a long time ago.
    For a little history on females, look up Besty Stringfield, Dot Robinson, Niki Hero along with Motor Maids and Woman on Wheels.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mooneych...
    I really like your license plate...
    Great minds...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Brp sets a parameter that the dealers and service departments must adhere to. Enough complaints about service will get you action.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Do you have any idea what the parameters are? I'd sure like to see them and I'm sure others would.

I know at one point you were having a problem and Carlo responded once he saw your posting here. But, what I'm wondering is if BRP can actually dictate the dealers service policy of having an owner drop off the spyder and then making them wait 3 weeks for example.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post

For sure they don't own it but they hold the power to correct it. In Canada BRP has made a very concerted effort to stop distributing as much as possible through "multi manufacturer" dealers. No more Honda, Yamaha and BRP at a dealer for example, they want strictly BRP. So say you are a dealer that sells and services only BRP, your right they don't own you but....................the dog is wagging the tail rather than the other way around.

Trust me they are the ones that can "fix" the problem but do they have the committment to their customers to do it? Keep reporting the problems there is some little guy in the corner with glasses making a spreadsheet and filling in the blanks. Once to many blanks are full the dealer will be asked to explain. Its the only recourse for the consumer, BRP will listen just keep telling them.

As for women being treated differently I certainly hope that is not an issue. However my wife (who never misses anything I say ??) constantly misunderstands what car repair facilities tell her after I call for an explanation? Hmm.................

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe send this to the owner,manager and anybody else who will listen..

.As satisfaction increases, so does owner loyalty and advocacy,? said Gruber. ?Manufacturers that focus on delivering high quality and superior service now will experience a long-term positive financial impact from their efforts.?The study finds that as satisfaction increases, the likelihood that an owner will repurchase their motorcycle brand and recommend their brand to others also increases. Among owners with high levels of satisfaction (scores averaging 900 or higher), 97 percent say they are willing to recommend their motorcycle brand to others and 81 percent indicate intent to repurchase the same brand for their next motorcycle. In contrast, among owners who are less satisfied (scores averaging 700 or less), only 43 percent say they are willing to recommend their brand to others and 31 percent indicate repurchase intent.
    The 2011 U.S. Motorcycle Competitive Information Study is based on responses from 8,123 owners who purchased their new motorcycle between September 2010 and May 2011. The study was fielded between September and October 2011.
    About J.D. Power and Associates
    Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, performance improvement, Web intelligence and customer satisfaction. The company?s quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com.

Spyder Garage

I'm beginning to think that the comments would be similar if we were on a Ferrari, Maserati or Aston Martin forum:

1. Poor service
    2. Not enough trained technicians
    3. Parts take too long to arrive
    4. Parts are expensive, and so is the service

How many Spyders are on the road today? More than the cars mentioned above?

Face it, you are the owner of a very unique product that is in its infancy, and the learning curve is steep. Our mission is to discover, learn and share our knowledge to make this a better product in the future.

That's the price you pay for being on the bleeding edge. If it's too much of a hassle, buy a GW or a Harley. I don't think their service is any better.

I don't mean to be critical.

Cheers!

Chris.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE TRUTH

BUTTSY...YOU ARE A GOD...THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE..........MIKE............AND BE CRITICAL THAT'S WHAT IMPROVES THE BREED
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-09-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

My husband called this morning and he was told that Sean was finishing up on another Spyder. As soon as he is done with that one, he will start working on mine. Hopefully I will get it back in a day or two.

I am finding it sad that my husband had to bail me out. But I will leave that where it is.
    Do you think they might be putting you off becasue you are a woman? Sounds as if your husband
    got a better response. I would stay cool about it until you get the spyder back then go in the next
    day to see the owner/manager with a news man to ask questions about the deal for an evening news
    showing.If you do this send a copy to BRP & let the public know not to buy there.

spyder stryder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    I for one would like to see the exact part number that was back ordered/ordered from BRP.
    I also believe that if the bike was there waiting for parts, the parts came in, then the first bike should take priority over the new comers.
    If the husband coming in made a difference, I definately would find a different dealer. "Barefoot and PG" should have left a long time ago.
    For a little history on females, look up Besty Stringfield, Dot Robinson, Niki Hero along with Motor Maids and Woman on Wheels.
    Oldmanzues
    Honestly that is what is killing me right, my husband called. Chris went back talked to Sean, got all the details on my bike (which he claimed to be his) and was told it would be done by the end of the day today. WTF, really I am a girl, I am not stupid. It shouldn't take my husband bailing me out to get my Spyder fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder stryder View Post
    Do you think they might be putting you off becasue you are a woman? Sounds as if your husband
    got a better response. I would stay cool about it until you get the spyder back then go in the next
    day to see the owner/manager with a news man to ask questions about the deal for an evening news
    showing.If you do this send a copy to BRP & let the public know not to buy there.

spyder stryder
    Yes, I really think it was a girl thing, because I got a call last night during my daughters Softball game stating that my Spyder was fixed and I could come and get it. Funny how I couldn't get my Spyder any attention and then my husband calls and wow it was done in 3 hours. That just doesn't seem right.

The credit could also belong to other membera of this forum that said they would call Sean and see if they could push he work through on the bike. Either way, I shouldn't have to get help to get my Spyder repaired.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mooneych View Post
    I'm beginning to think that the comments would be similar if we were on a Ferrari, Maserati or Aston Martin forum:

1. Poor service
    2. Not enough trained technicians
    3. Parts take too long to arrive
    4. Parts are expensive, and so is the service

How many Spyders are on the road today? More than the cars mentioned above?

Face it, you are the owner of a very unique product that is in its infancy, and the learning curve is steep. Our mission is to discover, learn and share our knowledge to make this a better product in the future.

That's the price you pay for being on the bleeding edge. If it's too much of a hassle, buy a GW or a Harley. I don't think their service is any better.

I don't mean to be critical.

Cheers!

Chris.
    The way I see it, have 1 or 2 techs to work only on Spyders when the demand is high, make appointments (which you would do for any of those cars) and quit taking two days out of the 5 day week to only work on while you wait stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gender really shouldn't enter into these things... You could always let them know that even though you're "Just" a woman", you're very proficient on the computer and will spare to effort in getting the word out to the masses about their lousy service.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Gender really shouldn't enter into these things... You could always let them know that even though you're "Just" a woman", you're very proficient on the computer and will spare to effort in getting the word out to the masses about their lousy service.
    Bob, you know I work in a "mans" field. I am accustom to a certain level of "Oh she is a girl", so generally I don't pull the "they are doing this because I am girl" card, because I am used to it, but really a guy calls, claims the bike is his and the week of service I was told about turns into hours. It just seems wrong.

Going to pick up my Spyder tonight after work, I can't wait! I hope it is fixed and running great!

Spyder Garage

Going to pick up my Spyder tonight after work, I can't wait! I hope it is fixed and running great!
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Bob, you know I work in a "mans" field. I am accustom to a certain level of "Oh she is a girl", so generally I don't pull the "they are doing this because I am girl" card, because I am used to it, but really a guy calls, claims the bike is his and the week of service I was told about turns into hours. It just seems wrong.

Cool!

Spyder Garage

Good Luck. Ride Safe.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck and please let us know how your baby is running!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Mooneych...
    I really like your license plate...
    Hey Bob,

You have good taste! You're lucky to be able to use the "S", the "5" was the best I could do.