Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    lamont, did brp release the new fix for this today?
    Yes, a revised version of BUDS is now available to address this situation. BUDS R3.3.2.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

good news t.b. came in today bad news cant get to my bike till tues. oh well what can you do about it but mope..lol. just might make spyderfest yet.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Throttle body update

Took Spyke in this morning for the 2012-4 Campaign Recall (the way it is written up on my receipt) to update the software. I had a throttle body replacement at 300 miles but no problems since. Was almost afraid to have the update done, but thanks to the encouragement in this site...went ahead with it...drove fine on the 12 mile trip home. Planning a hundred mile run tomorrow to make sure it doesn't throw any codes. Really looking forward to seeing many of you in Cuba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Spyder Garage

Completed bulletin 2012-4 this morning. Left dealer at 37°F and snowing, got home ( 50 miles) at 53°F and partly cloudy. Gotta love Northern Nevada weather
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    P2416 is a code for "O2 Sensor Signals Swapped." If they did not removed and reconnect any wiring, i suspect the software may have some additional flaws. I guess I'll cancel my update appointment for tomorrow, until they get a better handle on things.
    Scotty,
    I pulled the RT out of the garage headed to the dealer and the RT was still showing "check engine" got about 5 miles down the road and the light went out and the bike really ran well. When I got to dealer, he checked for codes and could not find any. Went for a little 100 mile ride on the way home and the P2416 code never came back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    Scotty,
    I pulled the RT out of the garage headed to the dealer and the RT was still showing "check engine" got about 5 miles down the road and the light went out and the bike really ran well. When I got to dealer, he checked for codes and could not find any. Went for a little 100 mile ride on the way home and the P2416 code never came back.
    Leprechauns!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I just had the update done on my RTS and the digital fuel gauge went south. The dealer called BRP and they said it was the first they have heard about it. The dealer was told to take a new cluster and check the gauge and it worked, BRP authorized a new cluster to be installed. It will arrive Tues. Will let you know what happens.

Spyder Garage

lamont posted yesterday that brp released the fix for that on friday did your dealer have that one that fixes the digital fuel gauge.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

I had the recall campaign done on Thursday. While riding home I got Check Engine, Check DPS, the VSS Icon lit up, and it went into Limp Mode. Rained all day Friday, so I took it in this morning. I had to get there in Limp Mode. Not fun. They reload everything again, and all seems well now. Took a 50 mile ride this afternoon with no issues.

The only Code it was throwing was P0504, and I guarantee I was not riding the brake.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baldman902 View Post
    I just had the update done on my RTS and the digital fuel gauge went south. The dealer called BRP and they said it was the first they have heard about it.
    Well trained workers.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

just back from the dealership had that new t.b. put in i asked did you put in the updates that brp sent out they told me yes so i left shop and noticed i had a low fuel light and no bar readings but temp side was working so i went to gas station filled it up 3.4gals all it took still low fuel light on and no fuel bars so i go back to the shop then they said when they hooked up computer it didnt require any updates my question is do they need to force that update in in order for the protection and to fix the glitch on the fuel?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    just back from the dealership had that new t.b. put in i asked did you put in the updates that brp sent out they told me yes so i left shop and noticed i had a low fuel light and no bar readings but temp side was working so i went to gas station filled it up 3.4gals all it took still low fuel light on and no fuel bars so i go back to the shop then they said when they hooked up computer it didnt require any updates my question is do they need to force that update in in order for the protection and to fix the glitch on the fuel?
    It appears they did the update, but used a previous version of BUDS. They need the newest vesion, released last Friday.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

it was trying to talk to a brick wall they didnt want to listen to me i tried,tried but they just wouldnt give in or go look it up so i called another dealership they had the 2012-4 one then i asked did you get the 1 that was realeased on the 13th said no but he looked it up while i was on the phone and said oh ok here it is going to get the software downloaded i said i'll see you tommorrow.

Spyder Garage

went to another dealer they hooked up buds saw that the 2012-4 was downloaded. said i was good to go but i told them there was another update to fix my problem so they hooked up computer to internet and low and behold they found the fri13th realease r3.3.2.. they had to uninstall the 2012-4 they had and downloaded the new realease hooked it back up to my spyder wham 3 minutes later they were driving my bike out of the shop good as new.they asked how did i know about the update i said if you guys want to know everrything there is to know get on S.L.com this is the information hwy. to fixing problems. going to give the bike a good shake down today hope nothing goes wrong,i did notice 1 thing seems my bikes got alot more pep to it than before and it seems my gas milage is better.maybe t.b. was bad to begin with.just hope i don't need another one anytime soon.see you all at the big party

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baldman902 View Post
    I just had the update done on my RTS and the digital fuel gauge went south. The dealer called BRP and they said it was the first they have heard about it. The dealer was told to take a new cluster and check the gauge and it worked, BRP authorized a new cluster to be installed. It will arrive Tues. Will let you know what happens.
    I had to inform dealer about 2012-4 update. After he got it he reflashed the computer and now all is well. Thank you Lamonster

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default wondering

[
    i have a 2011 rts bought last year
    is this a recall for my spyder?

QUOTE=baldman902;443943]I had to inform dealer about 2012-4 update. After he got it he reflashed the computer and now all is well. Thank you Lamonster[/QUOTE]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012-4

[QUOTE=decibel;448474][
    i have a 2011 rts bought last year
    is this a recall for my spyder?]

As Lamont posted it at the beginning of this thread, the 2012-4 is for all 2011's and 2012's. RT's only.

I have a 2011 RT-S and just had it done last week. All is well -- no problems. Ridden couple hundred miles since with no hiccups.

The dealer downloaded the latest software immediately before he did my bike. So it had to be 3.3.2 or something even later. He said BUDS told him to download the latest software before proceeding.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces