Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Service Bulletin

Was at my local dealer for a "special occation". Had the repair rep check out the service bulletin that I have been reading about just these past couple of days. He did say that my spyder was up to date, and yes, he did put it on the buds system. The update he did March 17 is the same thing. BRP reissued the update because not many RT's have paid attention and they want ALL of them to be updated. Velocity Powersports in Ladson and PJ in particular are the bomb! They have been very helpful and I'm 100% pleased with their service.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    Yup, I went in today to have them throw it on buds and do the update, it was done quickly and I was satisfied that my troubles were averted, until I looked at the gas gauge and saw that it was telling me my full tank was empty. It was working fine when I brought it in and now they say I will have to bring it back when I want to have that issue worked on, service tech says he probably has to tear my beautiful bike apart to figure out the issue. My plan for now is to bch about it here and then keep an eagle eye on my miles until I get sick of it and take her in for servicing.
    just disconnect the fuel and water gauge it will divert to your on screen computer better reliable. but you have to disconnect both.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    Was at my local dealer for a "special occation". Had the repair rep check out the service bulletin that I have been reading about just these past couple of days. He did say that my spyder was up to date, and yes, he did put it on the buds system. The update he did March 17 is the same thing. BRP reissued the update because not many RT's have paid attention and they want ALL of them to be updated. Velocity Powersports in Ladson and PJ in particular are the bomb! They have been very helpful and I'm 100% pleased with their service.
    This is not the same update. This was just releasted and only a few dealers had the new ECM update as beta testers. If your dealer wasn't one of them he does not have the new update.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update

Thanks Lamont! I'll surely keep this in mind. If I don't hear back from my dealer, I will contact them.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    2010's will not throw these codes for the same reason, not to say that they can't have a TB problem. This has more to do with a software update that was done in 2011 to hold the throttle plates shut for 40 min. to prevent hot start issues. As with many software issues, you fix one problem only to create a new one.
    Oops. Missed this one the first time around ... or forgot. Thanks!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    just disconnect the fuel and water gauge it will divert to your on screen computer better reliable. but you have to disconnect both.
    did that way before the updated empty fuel tank download
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Default Throttle Body question

Lamont: I just had a new throttle body put in on March 29th 2012 for my 2010 RTS, however I have a new cluster that is a 2011, so do I need this additional update to make sure the mechanism stays open/ shut for 40 minutes ? I am taking her in for a normal oil change service and having them change to the new plugs kr8bi later today to pick up later tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Lamont: I just had a new throttle body put in on March 29th 2012 for my 2010 RTS, however I have a new cluster that is a 2011, so do I need this additional update to make sure the mechanism stays open/ shut for 40 minutes ? I am taking her in for a normal oil change service and having them change to the new plugs kr8bi later today to pick up later tomorrow.
    I think you would need a 2011 harness too. You should be good as is.

Spyder Garage

I think you would need a 2011 harness too. You should be good as is.
    This update is for the ECM, and yours is the same as it was.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont & Scotty, I dropped her off today & the tech said he had not put a new harness in, so I should be good to go. The bike has been running really good the last 2800 miles. I leave for spyderfest on the 18th & should arrive on the 24th. It is good to know they have come up with a fix for the dreaded TB!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fzcewj
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Well I had the update done today and being the second Spyder to have this done at my dealer and the first Spyder with aftermarket gauges ( volt and oil pressure ) the update deleted the fuel reading on the center fuel gauge. The tech. called BRP and was told there is a glitch in the software with this type of gauge package, so he had to enter each line of code manually. Thought everything was OK until half way home ( 45 miles ) and the Spyder was showing code P2416, maybe I got the beta software, will have to call them tomorrow

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe this will do

I've had a) throttle bodies adjusted b) throttle bodies replaced c) oxygen sensor replaced d) computer replaced ( that's 4 separate times in the shop anybody say lemon). Still having engine lights and very poor mileage 21/ gallon. 2011 rtse5 with 18,000+ miles. Can anyone help before I go to the DMV for the lemon law paperwork? Will this new program adjustment help. Edrn

Spyder Garage

Having my 2011 Limited checked this Friday for updates before leaving for Spyderfest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    Well I had the update done today and being the second Spyder to have this done at my dealer and the first Spyder with aftermarket gauges ( volt and oil pressure ) the update deleted the fuel reading on the center fuel gauge. The tech. called BRP and was told there is a glitch in the software with this type of gauge package, so he had to enter each line of code manually. Thought everything was OK until half way home ( 45 miles ) and the Spyder was showing code P2416, maybe I got the beta software, will have to call them tomorrow
    P2416 is a code for "O2 Sensor Signals Swapped." If they did not removed and reconnect any wiring, i suspect the software may have some additional flaws. I guess I'll cancel my update appointment for tomorrow, until they get a better handle on things.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Update Complete

Sea breeze came in early, clearing the smoke coming from the NE FL wild fires ... was a beautiful day for a ride. Called Jax Powersports to see if they could fit me in. Whole thing took about 20 minutes and they were having a BRP test ride event so I spent the time visiting with the BRP reps and watching the closed course rides.

No problems at all with the mod - only a little lust for that Lava Bronze RT they were showing off ...
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    P2416 is a code for "O2 Sensor Signals Swapped." If they did not removed and reconnect any wiring, i suspect the software may have some additional flaws. I guess I'll cancel my update appointment for tomorrow, until they get a better handle on things.
    I'm thinking the same thing at this point. works for some, and not for others.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Beginning to seem like a trial and error situation with the TB.
    Mine got the early updates last year within a day or so after reading about it here but still threw the code calling for total replacement shortly thereafter. No prob since, and Winston Honda took mine in last tuesday and for the newest update. A friend recently bought a new 2012 and already has had TB replaced.

Bill: Winston has the Lava Brown and matching trailer sitting on the showroom floor. I put your name on it; told them you'd be in shortly with a pocket full of $$$$!

Spyder Garage

Lamonster, do you have any additional info from BRP concerning any issues with the fix? I had it done right away but maybe I should have waited to make sure they had all the "bugs" worked out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Lamonster, do you have any additional info from BRP concerning any issues with the fix? I had it done right away but maybe I should have waited to make sure they had all the "bugs" worked out.
    The only glitch that I know of is with the digital fuel gauge. By Friday the revised version of BUDS R3.3.2 will be released. The glitch will be resolved. If you're not having a problem with your fuel gauge you should be fine.

Spyder Garage

Hi, I hade mind done today on my 2011 RTS and i have the same probleme with digital gauge, empty fuel tank but if you plug back you're original gauge it work. but i replace them with volt and oil pressure. like lamonster said will wait for friday

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The only glitch that I know of is with the digital fuel gauge. By Friday the revised version of BUDS R3.3.2 will be released. The glitch will be resolved. If you're not having a problem with your fuel gauge you should be fine.
    is this glitch were the fuel gauge reads empty but you still have quite a bit of fuel leftmine bounces so to speak i just bought bike 3/31/12. i do not know if it has update for throttle body or not as it is a 2011 rts going in for 600 mile service next week. also does it cause bike to just shut down or stall at idle

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Beginning to seem like a trial and error situation with the TB.
    Mine got the early updates last year within a day or so after reading about it here but still threw the code calling for total replacement shortly thereafter. No prob since, and Winston Honda took mine in last tuesday and for the newest update. A friend recently bought a new 2012 and already has had TB replaced.
    This is the first time I have seen mention of TB failure on a 2012 .....

Spyder Garage

Just had my second TB actuator and controls replaced and ready for pickup tomorrow. I hope the software fixes this once and for all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by antd929 View Post
    is this glitch were the fuel gauge reads empty but you still have quite a bit of fuel leftmine bounces so to speak i just bought bike 3/31/12. i do not know if it has update for throttle body or not as it is a 2011 rts going in for 600 mile service next week. also does it cause bike to just shut down or stall at idle
    If you still have the analog gauges and the fuel gauge bounces you need to have your dealer replace it under warrenty.

The stalling issue can be fuel, TB, and even plugs. This update has nothing to do with that.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

lamont, did brp release the new fix for this today?

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.