Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally happened. Great news

No more tractor trailers on the Dragon. Done sooner, this would have saved some lives. I guess better late than never though

www.tailofthedragon.com

Spyder Garage

About time!

Spyder Garage

Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

That's been in place since last year on the NC side....Tractor trailers are still allowed on the TN side...Our idiots (State Congress) deep in the lobbyists pockets...Are saying it would impact commerce if TN stopped semi's from using the Dragon!!
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

The problem with politicians is they don't really know what they are talking about but go with the GREEN especially green paper.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
    The problem with politicians is they don't really know what they are talking about but go with the GREEN especially green paper.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yeah, as noted, big whup: NC banned them, but Tennessee still allows them.

Personally, I blame Killboy-- he probably lobbies for the trucks to stay, makes for great photos.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post

Personally, I blame Killboy-- he probably lobbies for the trucks to stay, makes for great photos.
    So they come in on the Tenn side and get ticketed on the NC side. Blame Killboy?, what an asinine comment. I live up there and this is great news for us locals that deal with these issues more than once a year while on vacation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    So they come in on the Tenn side and get ticketed on the NC side. Blame Killboy?, what an asinine comment. I live up there and this is great news for us locals that deal with these issues more than once a year while on vacation.

Actually Killboy has brought much needed attention to the problem by posting all the stupid truck crash photos. They even forward them to the trucking companies--"how's my driving"..... here's a pic!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I would hate to make this kind of accusation without some proof. Personally, I would be very surprised if Killboy lobbies anyone for anything, but for this and for the reason you give... I just don't see it.

Killboy does just fine without needing to take pictures of a motorcycle wedged up under a semi.

Blame the politicians, we've got ample proof that they have dropped the ball on this one.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

zrc

I see the Joker face at the end of the sentenance, perhaps others do not...

Spyder Garage

Last time I checked, that was Spyderlovers for "a joke"...

Sheesh, why don't the crankypants go riding or something?
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

BTW, this:

So they come in on the Tenn side and get ticketed on the NC side.
    How's that going to work in practice? If Tenn hasn't banned them, they'll still come in and go out the NC side, they can't turn around. I can't imagine that'll be good for interstate relations.

Meaning, I think that the NC ban would be practical going *into* Tennessee, but I'll be surprised if they can enforce coming out of Tennessee.

You know the area better than I do-- CAN trucks turn around at the state line?

Bottom line: I'll withhold my cheers until Tennessee bans them, too.

But whadda I know? That's just another asinine comment.
    Last edited by daveinva; 04-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Spyder Garage

I am just going to watch this discussion. I would not ride the Dragon because of the trucks. They do make the ride potentially more dangerous.

I am surprised that the two states can't get together on this. IMO the trucks are clearly a safety issue.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Its lunchtime, go eat something guys, looks like your blood sugar is low and your cranky!!! She was kidding around!!

Spyder Garage

Ok so here's an idea Why not just put up that sign on the other side and see what happens, it may very well be that the cops and road workers will just leave it up even if it is not state sanctioned. unless this has already been done then I will shut up and eat my lunch.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    I see the Joker face at the end of the sentenance, perhaps others do not...
    Correct... depending on the device, some may not see the emoticons. All portable devices and browsers do not display things the same......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Isn,t there a Faster more direct route for the trucks?
    I can,t imagine any trucker looking forward to All the curves unless its a Macho thing with Big toys?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I think mostly they tend to rely on their GPS units, and do not know how bad the road is.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It can't be faster... so I'm guessing that it's a bit of a shortcut??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Correct... depending on the device, some may not see the emoticons. All portable devices and browsers do not display things the same......
    Maybe I'll stick to ol' reliable: ;-)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Last time I checked, that was Spyderlovers for "a joke"...

Sheesh, why don't the crankypants go riding or something?
    Oh crap, my error. I was so happy to see the sign up there and didnt see all of your post. My apologies for my comment and no, there isnt room to turn anywhere on the gap.

Spyder Garage

Oh crap, my error. I was so happy to see the sign up there and didnt see all of your post. My apologies for my comment and no, there isnt room to turn anywhere on the gap.
    No worries. It wouldn't be the internet without misunderstandings, misapprehensions, and lousy jokes!

I did some googling after the fact, found some people refer to a turnaround area on the TN side right before the border, folks seem to think the TN state police will camp out there to caution truckers to take advantage of the opportunity to bugger out before heading into NC and guaranteed tickethood.

My worry is that does nothing to stop the clueless truckers just following their GPS down the road-- making the TN side still just as dangerous before that state-line turnaround. I can't imagine that a rational trucker won't hear about the NC ban and adjust their route accordingly, but then again, I can't imagine a rational trucker riding down that road even when it was completely legal, either.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Its quite a bit shorter to use 129, but I think they are nuts going thru there. I took my 16 ft trailer behind the Expedition and it was all I had to stay off the center lane. But, I drive boats for a living, not trucks.

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I thought i[anything] was superior... Now I am being led to believe different, CHICKEN LITTLE HELP (Joksterface)