Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    zrc

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    Ok so here's an idea Why not just put up that sign on the other side and see what happens, it may very well be that the cops and road workers will just leave it up even if it is not state sanctioned. unless this has already been done then I will shut up and eat my lunch.

Turns out, its I think Jail time for messing with road signs. Glad the cops never saw my fraternity house room...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    Turns out, its I think Jail time for messing with road signs. Glad the cops never saw my fraternity house room...
    I'm not saying leave finger prints but putting up an identical sign maybe around midnight.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

As some one in the industry, I can confirm how powerful the TN trucking lobby is. I doubt they have much to do with it though. US129 is a US highway, it would likely take the feds to pull the STAA designation. Federal maps have it listed as an approved truck route on the TN side only. Also this last year landslides closed I-40 a lot. That made the best detour almost a hundred miles further. In trucking your paid the shortest practical miles, regardless of road conditions. My company would pay the detour miles, but quite a few wouldn't. As for NC writing tickets, it doesn't matter where you entered the road if you cross the state line your subject to the fines. The companies dont care either, all the fines go directly to the driver.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I think mostly they tend to rely on their GPS units, and do not know how bad the road is.

I don't know about that... there are plenty of warning signs about how many curves, hairpin, no turn-arounds, etc..... I think many are simply trying to cut some time. How any driver, especially a professional driver, could miss the warning signs is beyond me.

Even on the GPS it looks scarey!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!