Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry Need advice from Phoenix Spyder people!

Hello fellow Arizonans. I have a 2011RT Limited. I need a really good shop and mechanic. My RT has never handled well and 2 new tires and alignment wasn't the cure as now new tires are wearing too much on the inside. Someday I dream of going 70 and over without wandering/floating/whatever u call it. The mechanics in Tucson have tried to be helpful but really there aren't many Spyders down here and I don't feel like they have enough experience. I am almost at my 6000 mile check up and feel like I need to tow it to Phoenix and have someone else look at it. I desperately need some advice for a good place to take it. So any of you with great dealerships and mechanics please let me know! I really want to see my RT fly with the two wheelers and be safe! Thanks! Anne

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Need Mechanics

Hi;

I've been working with a very good Mechanice at RIDE NOW in Surprise, Az The store is on Bell rd. 15300 W. Bell Rd Surprise,Az. 85374.
    Phone= 623-474-3740.

Just a note . the mechenic ( Josh ) is outstanding, he's very well up on the problems with the Spyders and is always checking with BPR.

Jf you come up to RIDE NOW let me know.

Dennis

Spyder Garage

Still problems, blah. AZ lemon Law is very powerful. Did they say anything about your camber or toe in? Sounds like possibly a set, non-adjustable component maybe be structurally out at a weld joint of the frame, incorrect shocks or shock setting from factory. I don't think there is any shimming to the A-arms or steering other than the rod arms. Is it the inner or outer tread on the tire thats wearing?
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azrn8285 View Post
    new tires are wearing too much on the inside.
    For this solution, either set your shocks to a higher setting (4 or 5) or get aftermarkets.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    For this solution, either set your shocks to a higher setting (4 or 5) or get aftermarkets.
    My shocks are set to 5. I think my toe in is not right. I drove it down 1-10 today with no wind and over 65 we go a wandering. I have debated getting elka shocks but am reluctant to spend anymore money on such an expensive bike. I am ready to go try out a Harley trike. I am debating trying out the guys in Surprise. Thanks you guys for all your help! Anne

Spyder Garage

I use Apache motorsports in Mesa. Not the fastest, but haven't had an issue with any of their work as of yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Oops missed the inside wear comment and I may have missed you mentioning if there is actual visible excessive wear on the inner tread. How many miles have you ridden this, you may need to get your Spyder legs and float with the natural motion of the machine instead of constantly trying to fight it. The shock setting isn't going to help, it should ride level at any setting. The setting will only go from a feeling of boat to jack hammer between 1 and 5. What are the Ride Now techs that take it out feeling about it? Has another Spyder owner ridden it and/or have you ridden a different Spyder? Also, the condition of the road affects this machine in a bad way. Often times the center of the road is higher from the wear and compression 4 wheel vehicles tracks. You may be feeling the rear tire trying to fall from the center and the front wheels trying to climb out of the ruts.
    Quote Originally Posted by azrn8285 View Post
    My shocks are set to 5. I think my toe in is not right. I drove it down 1-10 today with no wind and over 65 we go a wandering. I have debated getting elka shocks but am reluctant to spend anymore money on such an expensive bike. I am ready to go try out a Harley trike. I am debating trying out the guys in Surprise. Thanks you guys for all your help! Anne
    Last edited by AMTJIM; 04-06-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

If your Spyder isn't in the shop somewhere and you have access to it, CASE is coming in from Phoenix with several Spyder riders to ride Mt. Lemon this Saturday. May be a good oppurtunity to have it looked over and swap Spyders for a comparison and opinions on any possible problems you believe you are experiencing.

http://www.meetup.com/CASE-of-America/events/44295362/
    Last edited by AMTJIM; 04-10-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Because of a high chance of bad weather, this ride has been bumped to Sunday. Can't make it on that day, have fun.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

They came down Sunday and Rob rode my bike and I got to ride his RS. His bike tracked so straight I couldn't believe it. They checked several things on my bike and into the shop it went today. I got a call from them that they drove it and finally felt it. Soo they are keeping it overnight and will switch front tires around, align it and check the loose steering. I am keeping my fingers crossed. If it can be as steady as the RS I drove I will be estatic. Funny how the shop knew what I was talking about after I told them a guy drove it.

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    Because of a high chance of bad weather, this ride has been bumped to Sunday. Can't make it on that day, have fun.

Spyder Garage

The back shop knows me well there, I brought your Spyder up in conversation a few times. Glad they have taken a renewed interest in going over your machine.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black