Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Replace your Ingnition Switch

Let the fun begin. I have replaced my switch with new and could not get it to match up with my d.e.s.s. which I did not replaced. I had a broken key in the ingnition switch and had a lock smith take the broken key out of the switch. so had to reinstall the old switch back in. Well I have done this down to 4 hours from statr to finish and running. I was told take the Handle bars off, wrong. My best was to take the dash and windshield off and its motor mechism to the side, take the head light off the right side worked better for me so one could get there BIG hands to remove and able to work all the cables and remove the bolts of the switch. Be careful with the nut plates where the windshied mechism are ancor to do not push down or you will have to play fish for the nut and it is not a magnet item. If you have a set of fingers small one that is will help installing some of the screws. This the best way I feel for this little job.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on a job well done Floyd! It's just a shame that it dad to be done at all though...
    You don't have any pictures of this process; do you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black