Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default L-1 Para just bought my 09 Spyder

Went and picked her up last week, it was kind of awkward that it was sitting right next to a YZ450F dirt bike though (that’s what I was on when I was paralyzed 7 years ago)

Finished the Hand brake and put on some floor boards and will start the fab work on the wheelchair mount for a non folding chair off the back this weekend. I'll be sure to post pictures along the way.

Also its the black and silver one but I may be swapping out the body panels for the Flat Black so my body is for sale, the bike not me

Any thing I should know about my 09?

So excited to be in the wind again
    Tyler

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Default AWESOME

Congrats wind in face nothing better..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Join the club

That's great. You will love it. Not sure if you are complete or incomplete . I had a fancan from ISCI installed to keep the heat off my right leg. Also had the header pipe wrapped to lower the heat near the feet. I also added handlebar risers for better seated position. I also have a Corbin seat with backrest and gas cap flap so I do not have to get off to fill up. Just make sure you are safe and comfortable.
    Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Good luck and have a GREAT time

Mark
    Mods:
    Can Am 23" Windshield & Tank Bag. Corbin seat w/gas flap and backrests. Protective covers for shocks.Sena SMH10 headsets. Wrapped header pipe with insulating tape. GPS mount for Garmin Nuvi 680. Various lights from Custom Dynamics. Hand Brake, Floorboards, Brake Pedal & Fancan from ISCI. Parking Brake extension, Floorboard tabs, Wheelchair mount.

Spyder Garage

an Glad to have you with us

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

& It just gets better & better.

Hawk Eye

Spyder Garage

Congrats Sounds like your well on your way to making the Spyder work for you ! We have a non-folding wheelchair rack that works great for the Spyder and still allows you to carry a passenger. I use a Ti-Lite ZR for a chair. We orginally bought a rack for Dave at Rackiton.com but eventually made modifications and rebuilt with some stronger welding. Dave still sells his rack I believe but expensive for what it is but you might want to take a look at his website for some pictures.

If I can be of any help let me know

Spyder Garage

you've come to the right place.

Great to see the Spyder help get someone back on the road.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default T-8 para

Hi, was just wondering how difficult and expensive it is to convert the spyder with hand brake, footrests, and rack for wheelchair? I am very interested in purchasing one but need more input. I use a rigid non folding chair and not sure tht will work without assistance. I would rather not require assistance if possible. Thanks for any input or pictures you may have. My email is rcoxlxix@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by CantWalk:) View Post
    Went and picked her up last week, it was kind of awkward that it was sitting right next to a YZ450F dirt bike though (that’s what I was on when I was paralyzed 7 years ago)

Finished the Hand brake and put on some floor boards and will start the fab work on the wheelchair mount for a non folding chair off the back this weekend. I'll be sure to post pictures along the way.

Also its the black and silver one but I may be swapping out the body panels for the Flat Black so my body is for sale, the bike not me

Any thing I should know about my 09?

So excited to be in the wind again
    Tyler

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congrats and way to go.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats & Welcome to the SpyderHood

&

Spyder Garage

Default How is your balance on the spider?

Obviously we cant ride a normal motor bi-wheel motorbike so the three wheel bikes are the way to go in most places although you can go four in some US states, most of Asia and Europe.

How does the rigid stance of the spider suit you. Is it something you have had to overcome even if slightly or is it immediately comfortable to you with the extra lateral forces? Do you adjust your cornering speeds to compensate for the lateral forces or would you like to go harder?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SirChesteter69 View Post
    Hi, was just wondering how difficult and expensive it is to convert the spyder with hand brake, footrests, and rack for wheelchair? I am very interested in purchasing one but need more input. I use a rigid non folding chair and not sure tht will work without assistance. I would rather not require assistance if possible. Thanks for any input or pictures you may have. My email is rcoxlxix@aol.com

Sent you an e-mail.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SXSMachine View Post
    Obviously we cant ride a normal motor bi-wheel motorbike so the three wheel bikes are the way to go in most places although you can go four in some US states, most of Asia and Europe.

How does the rigid stance of the spider suit you. Is it something you have had to overcome even if slightly or is it immediately comfortable to you with the extra lateral forces? Do you adjust your cornering speeds to compensate for the lateral forces or would you like to go harder?
    I have always been into racing and I feel that its exactly like riding a 4 wheeler, except you can’t slide the rear cause you’re not on dirt. You have to slow down in the corners since the bike doesn’t lean. And with the decreased stability due to my injury maybe a little more, but my girl still screams and hits me in the helmet so it must do alright?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CantWalk:) View Post
    I have always been into racing and I feel that its exactly like riding a 4 wheeler, except you can’t slide the rear cause you’re not on dirt. You have to slow down in the corners since the bike doesn’t lean. And with the decreased stability due to my injury maybe a little more, but my girl still screams and hits me in the helmet so it must do alright?
    Right on brother!!

Spyder Garage

about 2k more on top of the cost of a se spyder, that would be with a ISCI handbrake and floorboards, there is really no other way to go if you want to ride faster than basic screw around, I have 69k for miles on my spyder and have best the **** out of my isci stuff and it holds up.

I ride everyday and have several videos on youtube of what can be done, Trailerrailer is my name on youtube. I can't feel anything below my chest and I have a rigid frame T7 chair, which upgraded suspension (buy Elka's) I can do over double the posted speed guidelines. It is ALOT more physical riding compared to motorcycle stuff and you have less to work with but it can be done.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    about 2k more on top of the cost of a se spyder, that would be with a ISCI handbrake and floorboards, there is really no other way to go if you want to ride faster than basic screw around, I have 69k for miles on my spyder and have best the **** out of my isci stuff and it holds up.

I ride everyday and have several videos on youtube of what can be done, Trailerrailer is my name on youtube. I can't feel anything below my chest and I have a rigid frame T7 chair, which upgraded suspension (buy Elka's) I can do over double the posted speed guidelines. It is ALOT more physical riding compared to motorcycle stuff and you have less to work with but it can be done.
    Certainly should NOT have made such an absolute statement as I have seen para ride MX and a full dual hip level amputee riding a race MC Quad faster than I have ever done or will. And as a fellow enabled rider should know the ONLY absolute is that you cannot speak in absolutes about individuals with motivation, determination, ideas and approach.

Good to see people still WINNING!! And not Charlie Sheen style (well not always, a few drunken orgies never hurt did they?? I wouldn't know...lol )

Spyder Garage

Certainly should NOT have made such an absolute statement as I have seen para ride MX and a full dual hip level amputee riding a race MC Quad faster than I have ever done or will. And as a fellow enabled rider should know the ONLY absolute is that you cannot speak in absolutes about individuals with motivation, determination, ideas and approach.

Good to see people still WINNING!! And not Charlie Sheen style (well not always, a few drunken orgies never hurt did they?? I wouldn't know...lol )
    you lost me here chief, "never believe someone who speaks in absolutes" is what I tell people.

ISCI, there is really no other option in handbrakes, to go fast you have to be able to stop fast and keep the tires on the ground which where elkas come into play.

As far as riding goes if you think I am bull****ting you on how much I ride then you have not been on here enough.

What was the absolute statement you are talking about? Riding is the only thing that matters, trigger time. If you want the best bang for the buck, spyders are the way to go.

Also I have seen? I heard in the bar, my friend said or I heard on the interweb are all vast secondaries to DOING.
    Last edited by SethO; 05-02-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    you lost me here chief, "never believe someone who speaks in absolutes" is what I tell people.

ISCI, there is really no other option in handbrakes, to go fast you have to be able to stop fast and keep the tires on the ground which where elkas come into play.

As far as riding goes if you think I am bull****ting you on how much I ride then you have not been on here enough.

What was the absolute statement you are talking about? Riding is the only thing that matters, trigger time. If you want the best bang for the buck, spyders are the way to go.

Also I have seen? I heard in the bar, my friend said or I heard on the interweb are all vast secondaries to DOING.
    Dude believe me you have taken my post completely the wrong way I am being very sincere when I say I'm glad to see people winning, doing the things the want to do and that I shouldn't speak in absolutes about the willpower of the individual. That is who I am 100% sincere, if I thought it was BS believe me I wouldn;t skirt it but you can take my statement as written that I was apologising for speaking in absolutes and the you do have my cudo's.

Ive done my share of doing, I am transitioning to doing this and it will take its time because I have to do it through the government approval process while I make a bike to my liking and capabilities, so I am doing myself just getting there.

So no need to be offended or think I am criticising, far from its written as a compliment and do take it as one.

Spyder Garage

Dude believe me you have taken my post completely the wrong way I am being very sincere when I say I'm glad to see people winning, doing the things the want to do and that I shouldn't speak in absolutes about the willpower of the individual. That is who I am 100% sincere, if I thought it was BS believe me I wouldn;t skirt it but you can take my statement as written that I was apologising for speaking in absolutes and the you do have my cudo's.

Ive done my share of doing, I am transitioning to doing this and it will take its time because I have to do it through the government approval process while I make a bike to my liking and capabilities, so I am doing myself just getting there.

So no need to be offended or think I am criticising, far from its written as a compliment and do take it as one.
    I'm not offended friend, I just want to make sure that people know that I don't post about stuff I not done unless I put that in there. I would like handicrapped people to not make the same mistakes I did setting them up, it's expensive just being hurt, let alone trying to do human stuff once again.

The other issue for people with spinal cord injuries is that you have to use a airhawk pad and I cut out the foam in the seat where it goes because without doing that it puts you in too high of a riding position.

I would love to meet someone who has more miles on their spyder with is also smashed up because I could pick their brains on what else they did to make it a better daily driver. Plus I could race against someone else and learn how to be faster.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your purchase! I agree, ISCI is hands-down the best way to go as far as the hand brake is concerned. They make top quality stuff and have some fantastic people working for them (Billy and Jeff).
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Hi:)

Hows the spyder coming? I have an 09 with the phantom black body as well. ISCS is where to get your handbrake. You will need floorboards and i swapped out the stock handlebars for ones with a 7 inch pull (so your not bent over riding) ISCS has them as well. A corbin seat is also the way to go i think (you may not need a back rest) Im a t4/5. The corbin seat now has a cut out for the fuel cap! I have to fill little cans and keep them in the garage They came out with the cut model AFTER! story of my life! Some more lights would be good too for visibility --Custom Dynamics has it ALL. I have a rackiton. I carry a rigid chair. I do need someone to put it on and off (so what) what ev, lol. I would like independence with that though. Enjoy, let me know whats up.
    Canchess

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default www.rackiton.com

hi my name is david biseli i have website for racks it is a patented rack ,have footrests too ,have new and some used for sale . brake isci tell them in wheelchair price break . call me cell 727-642-8536