Spyder Garage

Default Did anyone paint their RS recently.. and willing to share how much it cost?

I've been looking for a replacement Spyder but so far I'm not really feeling the new 2012 colors.
    Has anyone painted their RS recently and willing to share how much it cost? Since the dealers seem to be out of 2011's I'm debating if its cheaper to put 2012 RS-S wheels on a 2012 RS or if it makes sense to do a 2012 RS-S and paint it a different color.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I didn't have mine painted but I did go through the process in March of getting it quoted. The places I went to recommended that I just bring them all the pieces and they would paint them for me and I would take them home and put them back together. Not discussing much about the type of paint, which is important to me, they wanted 750$ for labor. This didn't seem to bad to me. I opted not to have it done yet. Mostly as I can't come up with what I wanted done. I have seen some awesome colors on this site. I was going to have them just paint my muffler and that was 50$ but I haven't chose that route either. I have the stock RS muffler and am not happy with that look. I would have to pay for the paint on that as well. Hopefully this helps. I know there is a vendor on the home page, I believe, that paints Spyders.

arntufun

My dealer has a demo RS 2011 SE5 in white. 100 something miles on it.

Spyder Garage

I just got a quote from my shop. $900 with me bringing the pannels to him. WE went over paint choices and I liked the matallics. Just cant seen to pick a color....

Spyder Garage

I paid 1600 for mine here in cali. Had every single piece painted except for what is matte black.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Cool, thanks for the info guys!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

$300 for House of Kolor paint (all layers) three years ago...Butch painted ours himself.
    IMG_9100 (800x533).jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12