Spyder Garage

Default Attention Navy Active Duty and Retired NWFL & NEFL Ryders

Hey Everyone, don't know if you all heard or not about policy on Base Decals. I found out the other day the the Admiral in Jacksonville has made the requirement that Base Decals shall once again be required on vehicles to gain entry onto a Naval Base. The gate guard that informed me also said that as of April 1, they will begin ticketing vehicles that are on base without decals. Here is what that means at NAS Pcola, if you are not in the Museum or Ft. Barancus parking lot, and you don't have a base decal, standby for a ticket.

I picked up my base decals the other day and started to find a place to put them on the Spyder, I thought about making a plate that I could attach with hose clamps and then it hit me. I placed the one on the Spyder on the forward facing part of the dash so that when the windshield is fully up it barely shows, so when I approach the gates I just have to lower the windshield partially and BAM there is the decal for the guard to see. I have attached pictures for you all to see where I mounted them.

Hope this information was useful.

Be Safe
    AC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    Hey Everyone, don't know if you all heard or not about policy on Base Decals. I found out the other day the the Admiral in Jacksonville has made the requirement that Base Decals shall once again be required on vehicles to gain entry onto a Naval Base. The gate guard that informed me also said that as of April 1, they will begin ticketing vehicles that are on base without decals. Here is what that means at NAS Pcola, if you are not in the Museum or Ft. Barancus parking lot, and you don't have a base decal, standby for a ticket.

I picked up my base decals the other day and started to find a place to put them on the Spyder, I thought about making a plate that I could attach with hose clamps and then it hit me. I placed the one on the Spyder on the forward facing part of the dash so that when the windshield is fully up it barely shows, so when I approach the gates I just have to lower the windshield partially and BAM there is the decal for the guard to see. I have attached pictures for you all to see where I mounted them.

Hope this information was useful.

Be Safe
    AC
    ​Very nicely done; does the job without advertising
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    I opted for this location for my Base sticker when I got my RT back in 2010. It is easy for the Guard to check your ID to get on Base and look down to see the sticker. The Guards love it because they don't have to walk to the front of the SPYDER to see the sticker. Besides that I like my Wings on the front area without any distractions.
    That is also another good location. Now let's see I did see an anchor with an 8 on it so perhaps that is why you call your Dolphins - Wings...Sorry Senior I just could not resist..

AC

Spyder Garage

I hear ya Doc. My first duty station out of ET school back in the day was at Sub Base Groton, CT. And when I was at Little Creek the sailors I worked with there used Subs to lock out of.

Be Safe Mate
    AC