Thread: Air Compressor

Spyder Garage

Default Air Compressor

I have a 2011 RTS. The air compressor is coming on quite frequently lately. I do have the airbag at the highest setting. But I never really noticed the compressor coming on. I used to hear the "psst" of the airbag letting some out when I first got it, but never the compressor. Or if I did hear it, it was so low that it didn't concern me. Maybe I just had the radio up all the time. But the noise is noticeable now. Not sure if it is louder than it is suppose to be or it is just coming on more that is making me notice it.

Spyder Garage

A frequently running compressor is usually a sign of leaks in the Scrader valve core, piping, release valve, or airbag. To check for leaks, measure the system pressure at the Schrader valve under the seat after you park for the night. You can add air if you need to, to get an acceptable reading. Measure again in the morning or a couple of days later, before you start the Spyder. A drop in pressure with the ACS system turned off, indicates a leak. If there is no leak, You may have an ACS sensor calibration issue. Time to see the dealer either way.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I will check it!!! I took it in when I first heard this before the cold air hit and they supposedly checked it and according to them, did not leak.