Spyder Garage

Default HELP with riser install

Finally started install of Custom Dynamics risers on wife's '08 RS. Came upon one problem that is frustrating me. Am able to get enough slack in clutch and throttle cables except for the two wires connected to the clutch. Can't find where they go to try to get more slack. About ready to put the thing back together and ferget the risers.

Can anyone please tell me where to trace them down?? Please!!!

Spyder Garage

I put Kewl-metal risers on my gs 08 sm5 and I seem to remember some wires going to the the front of the bike. I read about cutting a ty-wrap at the front to get some more slack, worked for me. I also rerouted wires and cables over the frame instead of under it. Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Default D I Y PAGE

there is a video, made by blinc, that shows where the wire ties are. don't give up, the risers are worth it.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Starrider View Post
    Finally started install of Custom Dynamics risers on wife's '08 RS. Came upon one problem that is frustrating me. Am able to get enough slack in clutch and throttle cables except for the two wires connected to the clutch. Can't find where they go to try to get more slack. About ready to put the thing back together and ferget the risers.

Take a look at my thread, I had the same problem:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...of-cable-slack

Best answer is that if it feels tight, there's still a tie in there somewhere. If you can't access it from up top through the dash, an option is to remove the side panels, and finally try to reach it through the back of the frunk (pop off the plastic fuse/coolant guard). It's definitely in there somewhere, good luck in finding it... (just note that you'll never get a LOT of slack out of the cables-- you'll get just enough at best).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

There are a few zip ties hidden trace the wires down and snip the ties, then you'll have enough slack.
    I wish i could tell you exactly where they are but i did mine over 3 years ago, and also there not in the same spot on all Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you for the help

Thanks to all who posted help with that pesky hidden zip tie. Found it and got just enough slack to get the risers installed. Got them on and everything works. Time to call it a night now. put the plastic all back on tomorrow. Thanks again

Spyder Garage

Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i did read some where there was a wire tie you had to cut behind the cluster to get more wireImage.jpg

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all who posted help with that pesky hidden zip tie. Found it and got just enough slack to get the risers installed. Got them on and everything works. Time to call it a night now. put the plastic all back on tomorrow. Thanks again

glad you found it, hope to see you at Spyderfest.

Spyder Garage

WOOHOO!

(Where was that last sucker?)
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

The video showed a real good picture of whre that pesky little thing was hiding up front. Had to reach up around and over the radiator to get at it. Got just enough slack but not an over abundance. Don't notice it except at full lock throttle cables are a bit snug.
    Reverse cable was also a challenge to get back togehter in the housing and on the bar. Solution to that; don't install the left bar to the riser until after the turn signal/reverse lever housing is assemble to the bar. (This is on an RS) Then bolt the bar to the riser.

Again thanks to everyone. Plan to see you at Spyderfest.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 EXTRA INCHES FREE

Just trim one inch from each side of the center aluminum piece and you will have an extra inch on each side ....I did it awhile ago and no difference in the steering feel or handling....might be because it's power steering....Mike......