Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have pulled a lot of trailers over the last 25 years from 53 foot right down to my little Aluma bike trailer and the smaller they are the easier it is to jack knife them. The trick is very slow speed with a little trailer and very slight adjustments to the steering. If you want the trailer to go left you will have to turn right slightly and if you want to turn left than adjust accordingly. It does take practice but more importantly just be patient, very slight turns in the handle bars and slow speed. Watch the mirrors and make sure they are adjusted properly this will help as well. Good luck and practice lots hope this helps again very slow speed and slight adjustments

I have also pulled lots of trailers ranging in size. The smaller they are, the more difficult they are. Just take it slow, correct early and steer in the opposite direction. That is the hardest part to remember.

Keep practicing and soon you will be a pro!
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyderfest should have a trailer backing competition!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Happy to hear you know your place Papa

Spyder Garage

I find that the trailer isn't that hard to back up. I have more trouble with my fifth wheel and truck than I have with my Spyder and RT622 trailer. I back into a single door in the garage so I can take off like the bat-mobile when ready to go ryding. Again and noted in many of posts, practice, and make immediate corrections by pulling forward as soon as things start to get out of line. I generally use my mirror when backing, but that could go back to 40+ years of experience of backing different trailers with different types of vehicles.