Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake Bleeper not working - Parking brake still working normally

I have a Spyder RT- S SE5 2010 Model

When I switch off without switching the Electronic praking brake on there should be a warning bleeper lasting for 20 secs to warn you the
    parking brake is not on - There is also a flashing light in the cluster which flashes also to indicate the parking brake is on

Today when I switch off without selecting the parking brake I have no audio warning (no bleeper) the parking brake has not been selected
    if I switch the parking brake on the light still flashes and the parking brake engages as per normal

I have checked for any active codes in the cluster and there is none showing

Looking for advice on guidance as this is a safety issue - Although the bleeper can be annoying at least its a reminder the Parking brake is
    not engaged - Don't fancy chasing my runaway Spyder down the road

Sorry if someone has asked this question before but a search did not give me any clues

Thanks

Eddie Sheppard

Spyder Garage

I have a 2010 RT-SM5 and have never heard a alarm if I don,t engage the brake. However I have seen in this forum that there should be a alarm. So I am thinking that maybe it,s a feature that has been installed on later models.

Spyder Garage

I HAVE IT ON MY 2011 RT LIMITED AND I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS IN THAT AREA...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

First I heard of this sort of issue and it got me to scouring through my shop manual in search of a location or part number for this item. I came up empty. You might have more luck posing this question to your dealer. If you find out what the problem is and where this beeper is physically located I for one would like to know. Good Luck.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake Bleeper not working - Problem solved ?

Having posted this issue - I checked the fuses, Relays and Battery connections all tight no sign of any breakages and everything else
    was working normally - e.g Hazard lights, Horn, Windshield control, Cluster display etc and the Spyder would run - Forward and Reverse
    no other problems just the Parking bleeper would not activate as per the operators manual

Later whilst looking to see if someone had an answer to my Post - I came across this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=brake+failure

Advice was given by Boborgera ref Checking the Brake Fluid level and if low to top it up - I checked mine and added some DOT4. to one of the resevoirs
    (Nearest one to the Front) the other Brake resevior was ok
    Turned on the Spyder - Did not select the Electronic Brake switch - Switched off - and it now Bleeps the Warning as before

Don't know if it was because it was low on Brake Fluid or a loose Fuse or Relay - Suspect the Low Brake Fluid level

Used the Spyder yesterday (Now has 5,000 miles on it - Yes posted this on the Thead) - Also used it today and the Parking Brake bleeper
    is now working

Still don't know where that Bleeper is located on the Spyder RT - S

Hope this helps others if they have the same problem

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gln2 View Post
    I have a 2010 RT-SM5 and have never heard a alarm if I don,t engage the brake. However I have seen in this forum that there should be a alarm. So I am thinking that maybe it,s a feature that has been installed on later models.

As I understand it, the alarm feature is for the SE5 model due to it being a non-manual trans.
    Kinda hard to keep it "in gear" without the bike running....