Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll be there!

Spyder Garage

the wife and I are thinking about it.......our son live in Concord....would be a nice trip!!

Spyder Garage

Default sita

Any new news on hotels or goings on?

Spyder Garage

Thinking of going but no one to ride with! Are any of you crossing thru canada at detroit? I live in windsor,I could be your canadian tourguide cutting thru canada!It,s also a shortcut if your coming thru indianna or michigan! You can pm me or leave a message in my main email at PIERRELACAT@HOTMAIL.COM......Later,,,,FIRECAT
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

the wife has agreed to go.......our son is in Concord, NH, so we'll just continue to there after the fun!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by epiphysis View Post
    the wife has agreed to go.......our son is in Concord, NH, so we'll just continue to there after the fun!!!!
    We live in Pembroke, NH one town over from Concord NH We are going to take the ferry across Lake Champlain, then head home on I-89 to I-93. Maybe we'll see each other on the ride back . Jake will be riding our RS-S back and I'll be following in the car with the puppies, and all our gear since we'll be renting a house for 7 nights prior to Spyderfest.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Givi Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have signed up so the plan is to be there. Will still be mastering this thing by then is suspect . Cant wait too see all the Spyders and meet some fellow owners. Will need to research the area for hotel.

Josh

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Camdenlake View Post
    I have signed up so the plan is to be there. Will still be mastering this thing by then is suspect . Cant wait too see all the Spyders and meet some fellow owners. Will need to research the area for hotel.

Josh
    We are heading down Thurs Aug. 9. Be in Kingston about 9-10 AM. Shoot me a PM if you want to hook-up for the ride down .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    We live in Pembroke, NH one town over from Concord NH We are going to take the ferry across Lake Champlain, then head home on I-89 to I-93. Maybe we'll see each other on the ride back . Jake will be riding our RS-S back and I'll be following in the car with the puppies, and all our gear since we'll be renting a house for 7 nights prior to Spyderfest.
    I'm sure we will see each other at the events!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Will be attending for the second time

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Its booked up preatty good there already. Booked at the Comfort inn. Crazy pricey hotel rooms... Or am i just a cheap #$@# .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Missus and I are still negotiating...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are going. It will be our first,we just got our spyder in Oct. 2011. Can't wait to meet other spyder owners. It sounds like a good time. Is anybody going from eastern Pa.? It would be nice to ride up there with some other spyders. We've booked at the Wildwood on the Lake, $128.00 a night.
    Last edited by xmanjr; 05-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I booked this morning at the Northwoods Inn, just stayed there 2 weeks ago for the NYSSA convention. An ok place, nothing fancy, but the location is ideal. It is right in the shopping area on main street and walking distance to the ice rink at $120-$140 a night and the only thing closer and nicer is the best western at about $50 more night. http://www.northwoodsinn.com/

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default First timer!

My wife and I will be attending this as our first spyder event. We will have our RT Limited on May 11.We will be leaving on Wednesday August 8 , from the Laurentians(St.Sauveur, Quebec) if anyone from the area is going let us know! Look forward to meeting fellow spyderlovers! We are booked at the wildwood on the lake.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Just registered and booked hotel at the The Pines Inn Lake Placid for Thursday and Friday Night.

Plan to leave Bellingham MA first thing in the am Thursday and return Saturday night, looking for company either direction

harry

Spyder Garage

Anyone looking for something other then hotel in the Lake Placid area, might want to check out : http://www.adkbyowner.com/search/Vacation-Rentals.html

Some good deals on houses and cabins to rent. Allows you to stay longer a little cheaper if interested Might be good for people looking to split costs as well -- well for those who don't do outdoor camping or want a hotel.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Givi Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll definitely be going seeing that I grew up in that part of the country but I won't be staying in Saranac Lake or Lake Placid because they think they're renting to royalty with a huge treasure chest...I'll be staying over towards Watertown or somewhere in Lewis county where rates are reasonable and drive to the activities which is about 75-80 miles...You not only save money, but you get a better room or campground and then get to drive over to the festivities thru some of the most georgeous country setting in the country...It's amazing to me that when BRP sets up these rally's they always do it somewhere where you're gonna get charged an arm and a leg to attend...A lot of people can't afford to attend after spending huge amounts on BRP accessories...Myself...I'd rather camp along a nice mountain river, fish for some trout, have a nice campfire, fire up the Spyders and ride over to the festivities and still have money to grill some nice porterhouse steaks when we return to the campsite at the end of the day. Am I a simple guy guy?...Yuppers...but I'm not a tourist to the Adirondacks...I grew up there......I'll probably be camping on a river in Lewis county if anybody wants to join up with us...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default eastern pa. and nw new jersey going to sita

to anyone interested, a couple of us are meeting up in port jervis, ny on the morning of the 9th and headed up to sita from there.
    spydaman60 and xmanjr

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Just an FYI, The Pines Inn Lake Placid was $104 per night through price line. Never stayed there as long as it clean thats all I care about.

thanks captain kirk.

harry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    I'll definitely be going seeing that I grew up in that part of the country but I won't be staying in Saranac Lake or Lake Placid because they think they're renting to royalty with a huge treasure chest...I'll be staying over towards Watertown or somewhere in Lewis county where rates are reasonable and drive to the activities which is about 75-80 miles...You not only save money, but you get a better room or campground and then get to drive over to the festivities thru some of the most georgeous country setting in the country...It's amazing to me that when BRP sets up these rally's they always do it somewhere where you're gonna get charged an arm and a leg to attend...A lot of people can't afford to attend after spending huge amounts on BRP accessories...Myself...I'd rather camp along a nice mountain river, fish for some trout, have a nice campfire, fire up the Spyders and ride over to the festivities and still have money to grill some nice porterhouse steaks when we return to the campsite at the end of the day. Am I a simple guy guy?...Yuppers...but I'm not a tourist to the Adirondacks...I grew up there......I'll probably be camping on a river in Lewis county if anybody wants to join up with us...
    Totallly agree that some of the hotels in the Lake Placid/Sarnac Lake or Lake George hotels/motels are way overpriced. It's why we chose to rent a house instead of getting a hotel. We rented for 8 nights/7 days nights for 850.00 in Jay which is about 25 minutes away from Main St. Lake Placid-- great drive by Whiteface on the way there. Lol, I don't camp so this is the best option for us-- being paraplegic in a wheelchair camping just isn't my cup of tea. This way we have a place to cook our own food, have friends over, and brings our fur-kids with us. Just bring the two dogs with us saves us 450.00 on boarding them for a week ( 25.00 per dog).

Spyder Garage

Jenny & I are looking forward to attending. We are vacationing in Cincinatti for the summer so it will be a fun week of riding. We are staying at KOA about ten miles from Lake Placid.
    Anyone who would like to share the site can PM me. We have reservations for 8/8-8/12 at $34 a night. We are camping in a Aspen Classic so should be room for another pop up or tent camper.
    Padre Spyder & Jenny
    Riding the Dream on a Dream Ride

Spyder Garage

we are staying at the primary hotel, Wildwoods on the Lake......I dont have time to shop around......I'm actually leaving for a 9 day trip to New Orleans on my other ride, my VTX 1300......and then may go to Laconia bike week with my son.........looking forward to the ride there and to meeting everyone.....anyone going from Ohio?? let me know!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm planning on going. Missed it last year because I had just purchased my Spyder and didn't know which end was up yet. Now that I've figured that out I'm up for trips!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    Totallly agree that some of the hotels in the Lake Placid/Sarnac Lake or Lake George hotels/motels are way overpriced. It's why we chose to rent a house instead of getting a hotel. We rented for 8 nights/7 days nights for 850.00 in Jay which is about 25 minutes away from Main St. Lake Placid-- great drive by Whiteface on the way there. Lol, I don't camp so this is the best option for us-- being paraplegic in a wheelchair camping just isn't my cup of tea. This way we have a place to cook our own food, have friends over, and brings our fur-kids with us. Just bring the two dogs with us saves us 450.00 on boarding them for a week ( 25.00 per dog).
    You not only saved money...you did a good deed...The economy in upstate NY, especially in the Adirondacks are terrible..They no longer have industries, but they do have some beautiful territory and those who have the houses that they rent out during tourist season benefit from that...