Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SE5 Very Rough Idle & Won't Shift...

I have a 2009 SE5 which had been running fine until my last ride last fall. On that ride, it ran fine except for the fact that the blipper circuit didn't work...no error messages or anything else wrong. When I got home, I checked the fuse for the blipper and it was fine. When I started it up a few days later, it idled VERY roughly, showed the error message to "check transmission", and wouldn't shift out of neutral. I tried to shut it off and restart it several times, but it's always the same...idles very roughly(sometimes stalls), it won't take any throttle at all, and it can't be shifted out of neutral.

The dealer's on the way to pick it up...can anyone give me any idea what might be causing this and what to look for, so I can at least sound semi-intelligent when I talk to them?
    Rick

2009 SE5 w/Phantom kit, 6-spoke wheels, BRP saddlebags, BRP rack & backrest, 23" touring windshield, wind deflectors, foglights, frunk liner, Hindle exhaust, 4.5 inch bar risers, floorboards, and hand brake!

Spyder Garage

Just tell them exactly what you said here...and let them do the diagnosis.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the response, Scotty. I probably didn't phrase it very well. That's what I planned to (and did) do. I was more-or-less trying to find out if anyone else had similar problems, and if so, what the 'fixes' were. Not having much experience with this dealer, I was hoping to be able to judge how "accurate" their diagnosis is before I actually commit to the repair...
    Rick

2009 SE5 w/Phantom kit, 6-spoke wheels, BRP saddlebags, BRP rack & backrest, 23" touring windshield, wind deflectors, foglights, frunk liner, Hindle exhaust, 4.5 inch bar risers, floorboards, and hand brake!

Spyder Garage

I'm going on four months or so now with the same problem but the dealership nor Can Am can figure it out. They've been chasing the code that comes up, but then it would be okay. Be no code. It's a crazy mystery! The Spyder will go days without the transmission light then out of the blue it kicks on and sometimes I can shift into gear and somedays I cannot. On days I can ride it, it does idle really rough almost stalling. Have to shift into neutral and hit the throttle to prevent stalling out. It's going back in again for some sort of pressure test. I really hope they can figure it out. I really want to do a long road trip. I bought the RT trailer and it's collecting dust in the garage.