Spyder Garage

Default NBV Bracket Install video

As I was looking at my new RT I thought what do I really need to get done for sure before going on a long ride and this was one of the first things that came to mind. I liked the look and feel of my last set and I could have just bolted those back on but I really wanted to do something different seeing this was not as clean of an install as I would have liked. There were a couple of things that bothered me about my last set and one of them was I had to notch the side panel to clear the bracket. That's no big deal for me but if I make these things available to your average guy I don't think most of them would feel good about cutting their $300.00 side covers. There were some other things I didn't like too, I didn't like the fact that whenever I removed all my side panels I had to take the peg brackets off too and they were heavy and kind of clumsy. Now I can take off all the panels without disturbing the brackets.

I made a special bracket that bolts to the arms on the frame and I have another bracket that bolts to the top of the side fins and really gives it some strength. I made some links so that they are fully adjustable anywhere to all the way forward where I have them now to back and down if you like. I'm using a 4" link now but I'll have a custom link for production.
    Update- The link is now a 4" curved link with holes every 1" for more adjustment.

I would say I figured out about 6 or 7 ways how not to build these before I came up with these. I got to tell you I couldn't be happier and I already talked to my guy about building these for production. There are a few good options for highway brackets out there now and I won't say mine are any better than any others, I made these for me first because I just like playing with things like that till I get it right. I'm pretty sure is right now.
    Update- These are in production now.

I'm calling these NBV's for No Bad Vibes. Being mounted where they are you don't feel any vibration and that's a good thing on a long trip.

The first run will be sold with FREE shipping in the US.
    You can send me a PM or contact me by email at spydersupport@gmail.com or call 423-465-8099

The complete bracket with our peg will be $260.00
    This will included the brackets, a 4" curved adjustable peg link with holes 1" on center for max adjustment, all hardware for mounting and a black anodized billet peg that's ball milled like this.

The bracket without our peg but with peg adapter so you can mount the peg of your choosing will be $200.00
    I will not be providing any pegs other than the ones we build. Our sponsor Custom Dynamics has a good stock of pegs without adapters and can get anything you want.

One thing I left out of the video is there is a little clip on the bottom bolt that has to be removed to pull the pan off, mine was already off so I forgot about it but the best way to get the clip off is take a hammer to the end of the bolt to knock it free, be sure to protect the threads. We do provide replacement bolts if you damage the bolt.

Install Video

If you adjust your foot rest so that it is in the open area where the radiator vents I recommend the SpyderPops block off plate to keep the heat off your foot. You'll be leaving the bottom pan off to vent the heat during install as shown in the video.

Kit without peg but included adapter

Peg options (provided by other)

With SpyderPops block off plate and Custom Dynamics grill

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NBVs

Thanks Lamonster! I did it myself! NBV's with the all black foot rests looks great on my white 2011 Limited!