Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Garmin 665

For all the bells and whistles, put in the Zumo 665. Now you can get Sat radio and weather without buying the high priced BRP sat radio.
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Default No Sound?

I bought a used 2010 RTS that had the Garmin mount pictured here, already installed. The previous owner kept the device though. I purchased a replacement unit and connected it to the mount. The charging function works fine and the unit will search out and display destination. My problem is that there is no sound at all. Nothing from the GPS speakers and nothing from the RT's stereo speakers. I have not been able to get it to work. The GPS works fine with it's own sound in my car so I don't think the issue is in the unit itself.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Steven in Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    I bought the Garmin 765t from bestbuy refurbished for $109. It has all the bells and whistles except not waterproof. Then I add the mount and wiring from BRP for $139 off of amazon. It works great!
    It mutes the music and driving instructions come out the RT speakers.

Pic of what I bought. Part # 219400318 $139 on amazon

Spyder Garage

All the GPS device sounds levels have to be at 100% and the radio, aux, etc. has to be on.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by k_teven View Post
    I bought a used 2010 RTS that had the Garmin mount pictured here, already installed. The previous owner kept the device though. I purchased a replacement unit and connected it to the mount. The charging function works fine and the unit will search out and display destination. My problem is that there is no sound at all. Nothing from the GPS speakers and nothing from the RT's stereo speakers. I have not been able to get it to work. The GPS works fine with it's own sound in my car so I don't think the issue is in the unit itself.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Steven in Iowa
    What garmin do you have? If it is the 765t like mine you have to run a 1/8" headphone wire/jack from where the garmin mounting kit hooks up to the spyder. I think if I remember right it is on the right side behind the saddle bag. And plug it into the headphone jack of the 765t.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

What garmin do you have? If it is the 765t like mine you have to run a 1/8" headphone wire/jack from where the garmin mounting kit hooks up to the spyder. I think if I remember right it is on the right side behind the saddle bag. And plug it into the headphone jack of the 765t.
    Yes it is on the right side and easy to hook up a GPS of just about any model.

See my video here for how to do it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...V-outlet-video

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JuanJax View Post
    The Miccus has a mini jack 3.5mm, similar to your iPod, iPhone in which you plugin the headphones. In this case you plug in the BRP can-am aux cable (which is 7 pin to 3.5 mm mini jack).

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBrid...e+mini-jack+rx
    When I plugged a Bluetooth receiver into that iPod cable, it worked fine, but I found that it "confused" the dash display such that the display constantly was switching between "IPod" and "AUX". Did you see that happening?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Yes it is on the right side and easy to hook up a GPS of just about any model.

See my video here for how to do it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...V-outlet-video

Bob
    Not all GPSs have a headphone/audio out jack. It would not be that easy on some of the GPS units I don't think. That is why I bought the 765t.

Mods:
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    TackForm Phone Mount

Spyder Garage

Not all GPSs have a headphone/audio out jack. It would not be that easy on some of the GPS units I don't think. That is why I bought the 765t.
    Yes my old Nuvi 205 did not have a headphone jack either which is why I said "just abut any".
    But that's also why I bought a 775T on eBay for less than $100

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Yes my old Nuvi 205 did not have a headphone jack either which is why I said "just abut any".
    But that's also why I bought a 775T on eBay for less than $100

Bob
    I bought my 765t refurbished from Best buy at least 3 yrs ago for $109. It has been great. If it rains I pull a baggy out and slip over it. I've had it get a little wet with no problems.

Mods:
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    TackForm Phone Mount

Spyder Garage

Until I bought my 14 RT Limited I always bought a cheap Garmin Auto GPS. Worked good for a year or so then got glitchy. I think bouncing around in the trunk when not being used was tough on them.

The 600 has worked flawlessly for over a year. Much stronger build and easy to use with gloves.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)