Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    InspectorGadget from Florida makes them. Give him a holler!!
    Bad link. Go here about 2/3 of the way down the page.

http://www.spyderrt.info/can-am-rt-products

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default This works

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    WOW you gotta love that pooch, you cut a hole in your trunk lid, or did you just make a dog carrier trunk lid to swap in when riding with the dog?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dcirvin View Post
    Nice job. Too bad it won't work for me as we ride two up. Need something I can hang off the bike somehow.
    A couple of SL sponsors (Roadster Renovations at least) make a trailer hitch or No hitch Required read deck but I would be worried about exhaust right near the dog's carrier.
    If you're riding two up and need to bring the dog, either the Trunk lid modification or a designed pet trailer would be safest for the dog. Several Spyder riders take their dogs in purpose built pet trailers safely when the pax seat isn't an option.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Oh the money I paid to bring the pup!

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    WOW you gotta love that pooch, you cut a hole in your trunk lid, or did you just make a dog carrier trunk lid to swap in when riding with the dog?
    I bought a very slightly used trunk lid on ebay. I had to buy a brand new inner liner from the dealer because no one else had one. Cut the big hole in both, then bought a piece of steel, which had to be cut round and then bent in the middle and painted to match the lid contour. Then bought a very special auto door gasket to keep water out. Then machined on the mill an aluminum locking bar for the inside to hold the cover in place.

Of course you can't put the pup in a HARD plastic place, so bought the soft trunk liner to make sure he's comfy. Then a harness with D-rings, then a bracket inside with a carabiner attached to lock on the harness D-ring. Am I forgetting somthing else I had to spend money on? Probably....

So there you go....A few days labor and lot's of money.

When he's not in it, the steel plate fills the hole and the original deck lid and inner liner sit on the shelf.

Don't tell my wife how much money I spent!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My only gripes are safety glasses and hearing protection.
    As odd as this sounds dogs can achieve the same injuries as a person.
    It also looks awesome when you see a dog with goggles and muffs...lol

Quote Originally Posted by WingmanRT View Post
    The pet carriers online were grossly expensive or not the right size, so I looked at a few and ended up making my own. This is just a prototype, but seems to work well. We may need to put a mesh screen over it for a little high speed protection, but the spoiled little goober now thinks it's HIS bike!
    • We have two eye bolts (low in the box) connected with swivel hooks to a tight nylon rope inside to leash him down (allowing him to slide to either side or lay down.),
    • two bungees (hooked o 2 eye bolts in the bottom) and a blue ratchet strap to secure the box to the bike. I wish I could have found a black ratchet strap.
    • 1 inch padded foam under a layer of black vinyl (everywhere), with a 1 inch of foam covered in sheepskin for the flooring. He rides more comfortably than I do!
    • I used L brackets to reinforce the corners but a carpenter friend of mine said that was probably overkill. But, it's not his ass if I kill HER dog!
    • Mrs. Wyngman (shown) sewed a sheepskin tube to cover the ratchet strap to keep it from damaging the Tupperware.
    • The box is 24x14(tall at the back and 10" tall at the front)x14 think.
    • In the next version, I will make it a little shallower as it pushes me too far forward on the seat. While it is too thick for me on the RT, it is probably just right for upcoming RS.
    • The foam makes for a nice backrest though.
    • Whole project costs less than $60-$70 to build, compared to the $300-$700 ones I found online.

Spyder Garage

Hi Draboo, What is the manufacture of the pet carrier? Where did you pick up the luggage rack?

email centurion_444@yahoo.com

Many thanks.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, that was 8 years and a lot of different motorcycles ago. I can attempt to find the carrier, but the rack was custom built by InspectorGadget in FL. I have no idea if he still makes Spyder stuff anymore. The carrier worked real well. There is a small lead connected to the inside of the carrier to hook to the dogs harness, so she won't go for a tumble. We went from Seattle to Upper Michigan and back, almost 4K miles with this setup without a hitch. We towed a pop up camper behind us as well.

Spyder Garage

This is what we use for our English Setter, she has over 10,000 miles logged in her trailer, Glacier Nat. Park, Yellowstone, Dakota Badlands, California Redwoods, she has seen it all with us.
    trailer 1.jpgSmith River Hwy 016.jpgSpyders in the Redwoods 022.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant