Spyder Garage

Default Need Help With "Exhaust Stuttering"

So I first noticed the sound last year when it was really hott outside, like 95F+. Now that I have been puting around 60 miles a day for work, I noticed this sound everyday.

The bike sounds almost as if im hitting the rev limiter, like a stutter. I crack the throttle and it goes away under hard acceleration, but as soon as I get out of the throttle and during cruising speeds in about any gear it starts back up.

I am running a Tailgunner exhaust with high flow air filter and a juice box pro with the two bros single can map.

Im not sure where to start, but all I know is its both embarrassing to ride, and pisses me off to no end.

Hope someone on here has some ideas or maybe has experienced the same thing and found a solution.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a Hindle exhaust and evo race air filter and run my juicebox on the map for dual exhaust.I also added 10% "trim"and made a map with added fuel at the lower throttle %.Sounds like you may still be running a bit too lean,but I am no expert.Know just enough to get me in trouble.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Try doing a search on threads re: purge valve issues to see if this might be your issue. My bike used to run like crap after I rode it for 20 or 30 minutes on hot days. It was fine as long as I was doing 30+mph, but as soon as I had to slow down for traffic it would start running rough... sputtering etc. Used to have a JB Pro but switched to PCV with Autotune to solve the problem but it persisted. Someone on this site suggested I do the Lamonster Canister Delete. I did...... problem solved.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mine does the same thing and I have the canister. If you look back at some of the threads I believe most think has to do with air/ fuel ratios. I beleve if you hook up a air fuel mixture gauge and ajust you will fix the issue. But check with some older threads. Kinda annoying, but if you give it a little gas my clears out.