Spyder Garage

Default 2 spyders "in" a trailer pictures

Does anybody have photos of 2 spyders in trailer..i think 18x7 V nose (16ft with 2ft V) should work if i overlap a little.
    any body out done it yet?

arntufun

We have discussed this before, but no pictures excist to my knowledge. IMO you should be able to fit two Spyders in that trailer your looking at. It will be snug in there, but possible. You might want to look at the E-track system to make things easier and more option points to strap them in.

I'm not sure what Spyders you have, but keep in mind RT's have big rear ends, and that is going to be the tightest part because you will have to put the Spyders in the trailer rear to rear and kick both Spyders azz ends to the sides.

I have a 7x14 (16ft with v nose) and I'm almost positive 2 RS Spyders would fit tightly (if thats a word) in mine if it was empty .

Spyder Garage

"Big rear ends".............that's not a sexest comment I hope?

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

My guess is no...at least not with an RT in the mix. As Randy politely implied, the RT has a big butt. The V-nose will do you little or no good if you tie down to the wheels, as specified in your manual. Cross-tying in my trailer with a 3' nose is very tight, and leaves some wasted space in the rectangle at that. As a result, you basically have a rectangle which is no more than 7'x16' to work with. You probably have even less, since trailer dimensions are usually nominal (rounded off), and taken on the outside.

The easiest way to check this before you buy is to lay out the inside dimensions in masking tape or 2x4s on the garage floor or driveway, and try to load and layout the Spyders into that space. Remember, you cannot hang over, even to load, and yoiu will need a little wiggle room, so you can maneuver and tie things down. Another alternative is to park the Spyders as tightly as you can, and then measure the space taken.

It is good that you are trying to plan ahead and figure this out. Best of luck with your search. You may wish to consider an 8' wide trailer. That will give you more leeway.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 03-20-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, I didn't do it and I did not get to see how he did it, But Len from Cowtown borrowed my 7x14 Vee nose one weekend and put 2 RT's in it. I do believe it involved some manual sliding the backends around, but that was in a 14 foot trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by 2NFrnt View Post
    Well, I didn't do it and I did not get to see how he did it, But Len from Cowtown borrowed my 7x14 Vee nose one weekend and put 2 RT's in it. I do believe it involved some manual sliding the backends around, but that was in a 14 foot trailer.
    I did I did, nothing to it, drive one on in, slide back end over, strap it down, back the next one in on a slight angle, strap it down. 10 minutes later your hauling spyders...... Not hauling hogs.....right Lamont?!? and sam that was not directed at you. I believe Lamont might have a pic of this.......

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRAILER SQUEEZE

Hope you purchased some or at least one of those little dollies that were on sale at home depot last month.......Mike......

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures with sleds

I use a 7'x23' powersports trailer. It has a 18' box with a 5' nose. It is five to six feet longer than most people pull but I don't believe you'll even notice the extra length. This trailer is all aluminum and weighs 2000 lbs. Front and back doors make it easy to get around to hook things up.

As far as going 8' wide. It is just my personal opinion but I would avoid it at all costs. I would much rather pull an extra 5' in length instead of the extra foot in width. I pulled a 8' wide for years and it was a PITA. Even with wide mirrors it was difficult to see what is behind you. Cars can hide back there and you don't even know there behind you.

I do not have pictures with two Spyders but here are a couple of pictures with two sleds. The sleds are about as long as the Spyder. This trailer will hold two Spyders nose to tail.

IMG_0929.jpgIMG_0943 (2).jpg
    Last edited by mxz600; 03-20-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bignose13;429037]Does anybody have photos of 2 spyders in trailer..i think 18x7 V nose (16ft with 2ft V) should work if i overlap a little.

No pictures but I hauled both Spyders to Daytona and back with no problem. Pull the first one in straight and back second one in after sliding the rear end of the first one over. Very easy!

Spyder Garage

what size was it?

Spyder Garage

Default Just ordered 18 V nose x 7

I agree about the 8ft wide it is a pain in the butt, trying to see who's behind you.
    And i dont want to remind myself i had one last year 8x18 that i sold last when i got rid of my Rzr4. that would have worked great..
    I measured out the floor, moved the Spyder Rss around the chalk marks, i only have one right now the other Rss i am picking up in 2 weeks.
    I thought it would be close having a 18ft v nose with a 7ft width. But now knowing someone has done it in a smaller trailer i feel i should be ok..
    So now on my trip driving yes driving not riding, to Florida from Utah i am picking up a trailer on the way home..(so much cheaper out east than here) then getting back to Utah when the Wifes Spyder Rss will be ready. So when i get em both in, and shuffled around i will take photo's.. the trailer not the wife

Anybody need anything picked up and delivered along the way,

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailering Spyders

Quote Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
    Does anybody have photos of 2 spyders in trailer..i think 18x7 V nose (16ft with 2ft V) should work if i overlap a little.
    We have an 8'6"wide x by 16' long trailer for our bikes. We have a 2010 RT-A, and a 2009 HD Tri-Glide. Both of them fit in there easily, and yes we do have the track system mounted in the floor to help with anchor points. There's room for a couple other bikes too, should the need arise while ryding. Because they are "opposite" trikes, it's fairly easy putting them away. What are you towing the trailer with? We use a Silverado 25000 HD, and it works beautifully! Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the info..
    i will be towing with Custom Sprinter Van, Diesel 2500..Great on Mpg and pulls too.
    311417_2503225023911_1351539402_3182067_1661584830_n.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    We have an 8'6"wide x by 16' long trailer for our bikes. We have a 2010 RT-A, and a 2009 HD Tri-Glide. Both of them fit in there easily, and yes we do have the track system mounted in the floor to help with anchor points. There's room for a couple other bikes too, should the need arise while ryding. Because they are "opposite" trikes, it's fairly easy putting them away. What are you towing the trailer with? We use a Silverado 25000 HD, and it works beautifully! Good Luck!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default HMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    We have discussed this before, but no pictures excist to my knowledge. IMO you should be able to fit two Spyders in that trailer your looking at. It will be snug in there, but possible. You might want to look at the E-track system to make things easier and more option points to strap them in.

I'm not sure what Spyders you have, but keep in mind RT's have big rear ends, and that is going to be the tightest part because you will have to put the Spyders in the trailer rear to rear and kick both Spyders azz ends to the sides.

I have a 7x14 (16ft with v nose) and I'm almost positive 2 RS Spyders would fit tightly (if thats a word) in mine if it was empty .
    Does my RT make my butt look big?????

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
    what size was it?
    It was a 7 x 16, I also put a rubber wheel chalk in front of the front tires and behind the back tire using tie straps, in addition to tie strapping the bikes down. Neither bike moved an inch and I was running 75-80 mph

Spyder Garage

Default Strap On !!

With the rubber chocks strapped to each other, did you just then strap to the other straps to pegs then.where else did you attach?
    .i'm not to sure about strapping through the wheel with the black painted rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Peoriafirefighter View Post
    It was a 7 x 16, I also put a rubber wheel chalk in front of the front tires and behind the back tire using tie straps, in addition to tie strapping the bikes down. Neither bike moved an inch and I was running 75-80 mph