Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad you guys got to ride, I have been stuck down here in Houston for work since mothers day. By the time I get home next Friday I hope summer is still around. lol Dave has been riding his bike and promises me he hasn't been putting any miles on the spyder, but we will see. Enjoy the ride and we will catch up with you when I get back to Alaska.

Spyder Garage

Freedom Rings: we are looking forward to getting together with you and hubby when you get back. Hopefully, akspyderlady will be driving the on her own by then.

I have not seen your spyder on the road--so maybe hubby is behaving
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-25-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Memorial Day: May 28th, 2012

First of all Happy Birthday to Akspyderlady.

Akspyderlady and I went out for her first serious driving lesson on the Black Widow. She drove 150 miles today. Twisties, and Highway driving. I am very impressed how well she did for the first time this year. She got in less than 50 miles driving in 2011--so this almost like starting over again. She handled the as though she had many more miles accumulated driving. I was very impressed. I got to drive behind as tailgunner on my Vulcan.

We start doing weekend rides next week if all goes as planned. I will remember to bring camera beginning next week to share some of our adventures with all of you.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Rumor has it that FreedomRings decked out won first prize in a show.

Hope she comes on and tells us some more about it.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is FreedomRings riding partner. I stole the spyder out of the garage and took it to the Car / Cycle show in Wasilla last Friday evening. What a response! Instantly there were several people taking photos and asking all kinds of questions. I was overwhelmed to be honest, and I usually handle things like this very well. I explained it was Jen's spyder and that she was out of town, but really wished she could have been there. I was presented with a 1st place medallion but promised as soon as the trophy was ready they would give us a call. I guess there was a problem with the trophies being ready in time for the show. After the show I had to take the long way home. For memorial day I thought it was only appropriate to ride the spyder to work, of course with the mrs. permission. I had to take the long way home after work too. She is suppose to be home this weekend, if not I may have to take it for a ride just so it doesn't get dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Rumor has it that FreedomRings decked out won first prize in a show.

Hope she comes on and tells us some more about it.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default June 1st Weekend Rydes

Akspyderlady (Linda) drove the RTS another 260 miles this weekend. On Friday we went for a small "joyride" totaling about 70 miles and on Saturday we went down the Glen Highway 190 miles round trip to a place called Sheep Mountain. This particular drive contains some of the most spectaular scenery you will find in driving Alaska roads. The road features miles of twisties with climbs requiring speeds of 45 or less--called the Chickaloon Hills. The road follows the Matanuska River, goes by the Matanuska Glacier and has huge snow capped mountains in the background and on both sides of the road. Yes, I took some pictures for this trip and will get them posted to the Alaska album for 2012 within the next 24 hours or so. Maybe a couple here also as a teaser.

BMW shared this ride when he was here a couple summers back.

Linds's driving skills continue to improve and it looks like we will be doing regular weekend rides for the rest of the summer. I rode along as wingman on my Vulcan.

2020 F3L , Magma Red