View Poll Results: Which Spyder Do You Own?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • RT (any model)

117 49.16%
  • RS/GS

106 44.54%
  • Both RT and RS/GS

15 6.30%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Right. Hoping to get a large enough sampling of actual owner's current rides to see if we have RT to RS of 50/50, 60/40,, whatever the poll tallies up to. Of course we will have to estimate the percentage of "problems" posted. And NO, Randy you can't pick the percentage of problems, but everyone can weigh in with reasonable estimates .

I don't know what this will show other than what our ratio of ownership is compared to the ratio of problems. My, thought, and it is a WAG, is that we will see the "ratio of problems RT/RS" slightly higher than the "ratio of owners RT/RS", primarily due to electronics/battery issues (I.e. a more complicated machine). But I don't think We will see that the RT is a "problem child". Mine has been flawless with only a couple of minor owner induced problems.

In my mind, a normal recall that permanently solves an issue isn't a "problem". On the other hand a recall repair that doesnt resolve the issue is a "problem". I know this is a lot of subjectivity, but take Throttle Bodies for an example. One diagnosed and repaired completely isn't a problem, but a recurring issue Like the one Forrest has had is a problem.

Again, just an interesting exercise and the only real data we will have is the ratio of owners RT/RS or both.

Spyder Garage

With 809 views and less than 200 votes, either we have a lot of repeat viewers or those viewing aren't voting.

Spyder Garage

We have one of each...I'm good with either...My wife LOVES the RT!

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TO R/S OR NOT TO R/S

LET'S FACE IT THE REAL MEN AND WOMEN SPYDER-RYDERS RIDE G/S R/S AND THAT'S JUST PLAIN FACT PREFERABLY IN YELLOW BECAUSE THAT'S THE FASTEST......IS THIS THE TRUTH RANDY ?............MIKE.....

Spyder Garage

will you can see but im looking to upgrade rt. yes i said upgrade.

Spyder Garage

Default RSS

We have a 2011 RSS. We love it. We take turns driving it. RT was more than we wanted to pay when we weren't even sure we would love it. One day we may make the investment, but not now, we are having too much fun!

Registered Users tamijacobs1963's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HA

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    LET'S FACE IT THE REAL MEN AND WOMEN SPYDER-RYDERS RIDE G/S R/S AND THAT'S JUST PLAIN FACT PREFERABLY IN YELLOW BECAUSE THAT'S THE FASTEST......IS THIS THE TRUTH RANDY ?............MIKE.....

MAYBE UP NORTH WHERE YOU'RE FROM THEY DO, BUT DOWN HEE R IN THE SOUTH WHERE THE WEATHER AND ROADS ARE BETTER WE PREFER RT's. CAUSE WE CAN STAY ON THE ROAD LONGER IN BETTER COMFORT AND STILL RIDE LIKE THE WIND!
    You only have one life to live, make the most of it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tamijacobs1963 View Post

CAUSE WE CAN STAY ON THE ROAD LONGER IN BETTER COMFORT AND STILL RIDE LIKE THE WIND!
    From what I've seen, BLUEKNIGHT911 and Randy produce tornado winds when they ride. They may even let you draft, if you ever see them.

How'd I do, BLUEKNIGHT911. By the way, Randy is on his ride right now. I couldn't go b/c of a small spyder problem.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-20-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Just traded my ATVs and Trailer in on a left over new 2011 RT-S. Had motorcyles off and on over the past 25 years, was looking for something the wife could just sink into as a passenger. So not really a HD guy it was either the Goldwing or the Spyder. Japanese models other than the Goldwing are just a little snug for me and the wife! Goldwing of course is heavy (to balance) and was concerned about "car driver awareness" as sometimes on a bike they look right past you?

Went for a test ride on the Spyder got back to the dealer and she handed me the cheque book. I was the one who had to think it through as it is a lot of dough for something that will be strictly recreational. But pulled the trigger and should pick it up once we get back from the Dominican.

Concerned a little about the technology and the reliability of it as these things are awfully "smart". Had CanAm ATVs and like the Spyder, CanAm offroad always love to push the limits..............time will tell.

Cheers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard, Buttsy.

Spyder Garage

June of 2011 got my first Spyder, RT-RC. Love it. Sold my HD and Raider 113cid. Never looked back.
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Welcome aboard, Buttsy.

And now the fun begins!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

RS, but thinking about adding an RT for 2 up riding. Can't get myself to let go of the RS for one up.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

RT-AC here
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Default RT

RT, more space than my Goldwing had. Considering the trailer.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Almost 7900 members and only 168 people have Spyders.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Almost 7900 members and only 168 people have Spyders.
    Agreed. Everyone always seems to be curious about the sales volumes and ratios of ownership yet we only have 168 answers.

I guess we will have to wait until BRP goes public to get that data!

Still, it would be nice to get a large enough sampling to estimate what our SpyderLovers universe owns.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LATEST SURVEY

wyliec, you absolutely nailed it and i'm sure Randy would concur......Stevemac, the tire survey i suggested awhile produced only 45 votes ? ...what nobody has tires on their spyders ???????.......and TAMI ,I'll match the comfort of my G/S against any R/T anytime ,anyplace.............mike....
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-20-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Me Too.... RT

I have a 2010 RT cobalt blue......... Love my Spyder.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Right. Hoping to get a large enough sampling of actual owner's current rides to see if we have RT to RS of 50/50, 60/40,, whatever the poll tallies up to. Of course we will have to estimate the percentage of "problems" posted. And NO, Randy you can't pick the percentage of problems, but everyone can weigh in with reasonable estimates .

I don't know what this will show other than what our ratio of ownership is compared to the ratio of problems. My, thought, and it is a WAG, is that we will see the "ratio of problems RT/RS" slightly higher than the "ratio of owners RT/RS", primarily due to electronics/battery issues (I.e. a more complicated machine). But I don't think We will see that the RT is a "problem child". Mine has been flawless with only a couple of minor owner induced problems.

In my mind, a normal recall that permanently solves an issue isn't a "problem". On the other hand a recall repair that doesnt resolve the issue is a "problem". I know this is a lot of subjectivity, but take Throttle Bodies for an example. One diagnosed and repaired completely isn't a problem, but a recurring issue Like the one Forrest has had is a problem.

Again, just an interesting exercise and the only real data we will have is the ratio of owners RT/RS or both.

Right now the votes are 90 RT's and 70 RS's. If my math is correct, with the amount of problems posted, that brings the percentage of RT problems to about 92.8 % of this forums posted issues. Problem child is not enough to describe the RT. It's the devil, Steve !!!!
    Last edited by arntufun; 03-20-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

2011 RT / SE Orbital Blue since June 2011 - LUV IT!!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by tamijacobs1963 View Post

MAYBE UP NORTH WHERE YOU'RE FROM THEY DO, BUT DOWN HEE R IN THE SOUTH WHERE THE WEATHER AND ROADS ARE BETTER WE PREFER RT's. CAUSE WE CAN STAY ON THE ROAD LONGER IN BETTER COMFORT AND STILL RIDE LIKE THE WIND!

From what I hear........... the dealers down your way push to sell the RT, so they are gaurenteed warranty service work because they don't sell snowmobiles !!! Thats a joke.
    Last edited by arntufun; 03-21-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Right now the votes are 90 RT's and 70 RS's. If my math is correct, with the amount of problems posted, that brings the percentage of RT problems to about 92.8 % of this forums posted issues. Problem child is not enough to describe the RT. It's the devil, Steve !!!!
    Hmmm
    Methinks your math is suspect. Darn those New York schools!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Hmmm
    Methinks your math is suspect. Darn those New York schools!

Your probably right.

I'm really suprised with the numbers, I would have thought that there would be way more RT owners on this site.

Registered Users tamijacobs1963's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Both GS and RT models will have problems but it's the dealer service and dealer knowledge that makes your ownership experience good or bad-- JMHO
    And whar a shameless plug! But my guys are cowtown any day!!!
    You only have one life to live, make the most of it.