Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Other Bikers

Spyder Garage

Default Harley vs Can Am

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Easy, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, And understand the Spyder just like my Tri Glide aren't Motorcycles.
    Life is too short to worry about little things.
    Hey Bob (or anyone else) can you pleassseee explain to my why trikes aren't
    Motorcycles. Seems to me that the only difference is the 3rd wheel. Everything else is the same i.e. V-twin, hand throttle, foot shift,
    Hand Brake (with the ISCI mod), air-in-the-face, etc., etc. Granted that they are not BIcycles but WTF, neither is the Gold Wing Trike.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    Motorcycles. Seems to me that the only difference is the 3rd wheel. Everything else is the same i.e. V-twin, hand throttle, foot shift,
    Hand Brake (with the ISCI mod), air-in-the-face, etc., etc. Granted that they are not BIcycles but WTF, neither is the Gold Wing Trike.
    Good question, BRP go's out of it's way to say the Spyder is not a motorcycle, And calls it a Roadster.
    HD calls its 3 wheeler Tri [as in 3] Glide. You just called the Gold wing 3 wheeler a Trike.
    When Someone says to me nice motorcycle, Ill say thank you but it's a Trike, Unless I'm on my 6n then I'll just say thank you. Its like my Big red is a trike, My Polaris is a quad, And my Rhino is a Side By.

Spyder Garage

Default Today

I stopped to gas up today and as I put my helmet on, a nice looking Spyder pulls into the gas station a couple isles over. I figured I'd walk over and say hi. As I got a few feet away, I said good morning. Nothing back, as he fiddled with putting the credit card into the pump. I took another step and said Hi again. He kinda jumped, looked at me like I was the unibomber and didn't say a word. So, I said, I have a Spyder and just wanted to say hi. He then spits out "Look, I'm just trying to fill up my bike, leave me alone!" Man, the guy was in an ugggly mood. I reacted in my usual cool, reserve manner and said "Well **** you very much and don't have a nice day!" And I walked away - that was the first time I've ever had an experience like that with a biker dude. It was like the old Candid Camera show, but no pointing to the camera crew. I know my response was perhaps a little aggressive, but he really caught me off guard. I was just trying to be friendly and say hi to a fellow Spyder guy. Great looking new RTS___. Maybe he was riding it to his personality adjustment class! Hope he's not ugggly to the Harley guys - we'll be getting written up on the Harley pages somewhere.

Tuck
    Last edited by TuckMiddle; 03-21-2012 at 09:11 PM.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Steve, it isn't "my run", but I am very involved in the Texas Trike Reunion. See my post here. We have about 55 trikes (any brand) signed up so far...It is held in Kerrville, TX and we ride, eat and visit about trikes. We have no fees, no vendors, no sales booths...just ride the twisties in the hill country. It is not too late to come on down.....April 5-7. See below.

Ah. I would love that, but Spyderfest duty calls. All of MoGang are working hard in the event and the days are drawing close. But one day I would like nothing better than to head to Luckenbach !!!

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    I stopped to gas up today and as I put my helmet on, a nice looking Spyder pulls into the gas station a couple isles over. I figured I'd walk over and say hi. As I got a few feet away, I said good morning. Nothing back, as he fiddled with putting the credit card into the pump. I took another step and said Hi again. He kinda jumped, looked at me like I was the unibomber and didn't say a word. So, I said, I have a Spyder and just wanted to say hi. He then spits out "Look, I'm just trying to fill up my bike, leave me alone!" Man, the guy was in an ugggly mood. I reacted in my usual cool, reserve manner and said "Well **** you very much and don't have a nice day!" And I walked away - that was the first time I've ever had an experience like that with a biker dude. It was like the old Candid Camera show, but no pointing to the camera crew. I know my response was perhaps a little aggressive, but he really caught me off guard. I was just trying to be friendly and say hi to a fellow Spyder guy. Great looking new RTS___. Maybe he was riding it to his personality adjustment class! Hope he's not ugggly to the Harley guys - we'll be getting written up on the Harley pages somewhere.

Tuck
    Wow. Not cool. That guy needs to lighten up! Life is too short. No joke.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Ah. I would love that, but Spyderfest duty calls. All of MoGang are working hard in the event and the days are drawing close. But one day I would like nothing better than to head to Luckenbach !!!
    I would love to meet the MoGang, but I can not be away for a long period of time....even a week. I have a lot of great memories of Missouri as I graduated from St. Louis University in 1958. As you know it is a Jesuit University and I had just finished an AF hitch after the Korean War. It was a millon dollar education pounded in my backside a nickle at a time....hey those fine gentlemen even got through my thick skull...ha ha I got a commission and went back in...talk about a thick skull....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tuck
    He must have been riding his wifes Spyder!

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Tuck
    That's why i try not to make eye contact with Spyder Riders.

Spyder Garage

i have not been truly harassed but one day hanging out with a Harley rider (who was really cool) at a bar another guy started chatting with us an eventually said "the real reason you got that is because you are scared"
    i responded with "well, i DID choose it because of all it's safety features, and i had considered several different bikes. but this one is great and i love the way it handles in the rain"
    his response" i don't ride in the rain"
    "why not?"
    "i don't have to"
    "o, it's okay if you are scared, but i'm not. my spyder handles rain really well, i just slow down some, just as i do in a car."

he didn't say anything to me the rest of the time we were there.
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Default Yes and

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemi View Post
    This isn't going to turn into a conversation about the dangers of smoking is it? I know them already and I have made a personal choice to continue.
    Well it could, but meanwhile, we have been treated better by HD riders than any other 2 wheel types so far. The Spyder people we have encountered at random have treated us like something the cat failed to cover up. The GoldWingers treat us decently if we have our resident Wing trike rider with us. Goes with the roadster territory I guess. Meanwhile, leaning hard on 20k miles this year, that's about 7 or so in HD years, I think.
    PatrickDSCF0361.jpgBobday 2 006.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
    we have been treated better by HD riders than any other 2 wheel types so far.
    I was thinking about this the other evening... (Scary; isn't it?)
    Maybe they can relate to us a bit better because they DO have the Tri-Glide in their lineup of bikes...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

chickridin

For the most part I've gotten good comments. We've ridin with a group of friends for about 6 years now. We all met when we joined a local riding club, that none of us belong to any longer. Everyone has had good things to say about my Spyder except one guy. He really does not like it. He has never really said anything mean about it but he makes it clear he doesn't like it. I told him I'd beat his a$$ in a race and he laughed and said he'd take me on. I said "no that's ok", then he said "yeah, I thought so." Just then hubby steps up and says "she won't but I will!!" He quickly changed his mind and backed off! Hubby (and he) belong to the local American Legion and all the guys (we know them all) there love it! They all hang out and ride together just about every day and they were asking our friend to ask me if I want to do the lunch rides with them!! When we're on the road I can't remember a time that anyone said anything bad about it. Most people just ask questions. I do need one of those plaques that car owners have at car shows that say "look don't touch" though cause some just can't resist!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. My Spyder is a motorcycle, I do everything that a two wheeled motorcycles does, except for balance and the Gold Wing and Harley Trikes don't balance either. It is a very frustrating fight to have.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just call mine, "more fun than picking on my kid sister"! I'll let folks who are WAY smarter than I am worry about what they want to call them...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemi View Post
    I am interested in the joy of the ride. The feeling you get when you first start out and feel the air. The sounds and smells you don't get in the car (OK not all the smells are good, but you know). I love how I feel when I am on my Spyder.
    I know what you are talking about. I took my Spyder out for my first spring ride on Sunday and it was the first time since fall that I smelled our local feedlot. Not a pleasant smell but the other spring smells more than made up for it.