Spyder Garage

Default Help us with Corbin seat

After much deliberating we are going to bite the bullet and buy a Corbin seat. When my wife called, the salesperson said the lamonster seat is for short people. I am 5 foot 11 and he said that would not be the best for me. Is this the correct information? Also what color do you recommend for a black spyder?Thanks in advance!Steve

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Seat

I don't think that's true at all. I ordered the corbin seat last year and asked for Lamont's cut. We really like it. I'm about 5'8 but I think
    Lamont is close to 6 foot.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

I like to sit higher in the seat, and the Lamonster cut lowered me more than I liked. So, I went with the standard shaped seat and have never been sorry. We love our Corbin.

Spyder Garage

5'-9" and the wife is 6' we have the Corbin with the Lamontsters Cut ( sit in the seat not on it )best seat I,ve owned over 37,000 miles on two Corbins . Get the spider web stitching looks awesome .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Iowaspyderlove View Post
    After much deliberating we are going to bite the bullet and buy a Corbin seat. When my wife called, the salesperson said the lamonster seat is for short people. I am 5 foot 11 and he said that would not be the best for me. Is this the correct information? Also what color do you recommend for a black spyder?Thanks in advance!Steve
    The questions you want to ask is in relation to how you are sitting now on the stock seat, does that feel comfortable for your legs. Height isn't the real story, probably your pant inseam might be a better indicator along with the length of your arms. The further back you go on the seat the more stretched out your arms will be also. I am 6'2" inseam on pants and arms are both 33 -34ish . For the passenger it will just be about adjusting the foot rests. The Lamonster cut is more a wider base that sits you back further and little lower, because they dished it out more. If you can wait a month you could go to spyderfest in MO and sit on mine or others bikes and see if you want the back rest or armrests also.

Color I would say black or even the new carmel brown looks nice. I went with red stitching on mine and a different pattern. they are all good!
    you can see a write up I did here. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...bin-Experience

Good luck and post pics when you get her done

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'4" with a 33" inseam - the LM cut on my Corbin is perfect - I have the oval backrest too - which is a must (IMHO). I DID NOT opt for the Corbin passenger backrest, nor the "spyder web" pattern. I kept the stock look, to match the backrest & it looks and feels great. However, everyone's pockets have different depths….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lamonsters cut? We newbees here don't know the lingo

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gbouten View Post
    That's his commision.

Spyder Garage

check this thread out

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...seat+lamonster

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Iowaspyderlove View Post
    I guess I'm short to some folks but I don't know how you take foam out and it makes it for short folks

The whole trick to this mod is sitting you in the seat and not on top.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...or-a-RT-saddle

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster's Cut

This is the cut for those Spyderists who want their butts to feel everything Lamonster's butt experiences. You know, in Christianity you go to Jerusalem and walk down the Via Dolorosa; and in Spyderdom we have your ryde in Lamonster's Corbit/RT seat ... a spiritual experience.

Seriously, it's just a good cut for an average sized person. What I did was shed all my pride, gave Corbin my real weight, my real height, inseam ... and I even measured around my butt (the hardest part). This became the "Silver Surfer cut."
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 03-19-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    This is the cut for those Spyderists who want their butts to feel everything Lamonster's butt experiences. You know, in Christianity you go to Jerusalem and walk down the Via Dolorosa; and in Spyderdom we have your ryde in Lamonster's Corbin/RT seat ... a spiritual experience.
    Oooooohhh...
    Worshipping at the Altar of the Great Rear-end...

5'10" with a 31" inseam here... I kind of like how I sit on the stocker, but am still looking at Corbin's offerings.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Check out Day Long seats for the best i've ever ridden on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Check out Day Long seats for the best i've ever ridden on.
    Got a fuel door?

But seriously, I like Day Longs. A riding buddy who has a Road King went to Day Long a couple of years ago. He sent them his seat in the off-season. They they 're-foaminated' and recovered it with new vynl and his preferred pattern. Got it back ... beautiful. I can't tell if Day Long does both the RT/RS. They only had the RT displayed. I suppose they would.

Seems a nice alternative to Corbin; but ohhhh I do love my Corbin ... esp. with the fuel door.
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 03-23-2012 at 05:06 PM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin

Had enough about the corbin seats so I bit the bullet and ordered one. I went to Daytona just this past Monday and they were so brain dead from bike week that I waited until I returned home to call California myself. With education from Lamont this is what I ordered. I'm 5'5" tall. They added foam in the seat and the back rest for me to slide me forward 2 inches. I did get the standard oval backrest because the large backrest is just too big for my frame. Hopefully, this will help everyone. Plus, I reguested a colored stitching and piping around the backrest. Takes 6 to 6 weeks to complete.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl