I just wanted to post a note of thanks to LAMONSTER and Spyderlovers.com for allowing us to display the Spyderlovers.com logo with link-back for our Mid-Atlantic Scooter Rally and Spyder Ryde web site (www.midatlanticspyder.com or www.midatlanticscoot.com). Locally, we call the event "MASR." Now I know a 'combined' rally, blending two flavors of bikes, might curl some lips, but here's the background.

We don't have a lot of regional organization in the mid-Atlantic for the Spyder community. Lots o' Spyders, but organization and rallies are difficult ... hard for many to get out to SpyderFest, etc. I do have a 49-member meetup.com group in Maryland (Maryland Spyder Web); trying to get five members to ryde at one time is like bringing congress back for emergency session; but I digress. I came from the maxi-scoot community and have been affiliated with the rally in Pennsylvania since 2009. I still own a 2009 Suzuki Burgman Executive. While called a scooter rally, MASR does welcome riders of all kinds (while not wanting to become a 'biker' rally). We often get a handful of cruisers and goldwings, a sport bike or two at our twice yearly (Spring and Fall) get-togethers. In 2009, one of our alumni here on Spyderlovers showed up with his '08 RS. This inspired me to buy My '10 RT-S; but I wanted to bring it back to MASR because I liked the rides, the people and comaraderie; and I noted how well the Spyders mixed with the Maxis, several of which are triked. Sidenote: So, It happens that way. This past fall we had six Spyders among 37 bikes. One of the Burgman owners has since purchased a '12 RT Limited and will be returning on her shiney new arachnid.

Last fall as well, I found myself propelled into the Rally Host and Road Captain role, given the departure of some organizing committee. Yes, a Spyder owner r/c'ing a maxi scoot rally. Many were nervous at first; there were a handful of purist naysayers. But after the great feeback from the fall rally, even the other Rally leadership liked the mix. Indeed, while small, it was a great rally. I was only small because of the turbulent weather of the timeframe which forced a rain date.

So with this background in mind, the logical thing to do was to showcase the event for both Scoots and Spyders and make the web site responsive to those who search for rallies entering either ride type in the mid-Atlantic/Pennsylvania areas. This is good for our rally, good for the Spyder community, and one would hope ... good for our sponsors. LAMONSTER was great in supporting our initiative in this regard.

MASR typically draws participation from the greater PA, MD, DE, VA, DC, NY and NJ areas, but we've had folks ride all the way in from Ohio, Ontario and north from Tennessee and the Carolinas. If you like serene yet stimulating rides, Pennsylvania Amish Country offers a lot. Spyder ryders are now part of the MASR family and I would urge those in the area to check us out.

Again, thanks to LAMONSTER for the support and helping me to grow the Spyder community in our area.

Paul (SilverSurfer)